Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For The Academy Seasons Stats

Here we are with the final PUPs league for the season. Now I''m sorry to report that where I used to be able to paste the league in table format my computer no longer allows me to do that. So I have to paste as unformatted text which is not so clear for you to see. The top line shows Inchy had 35 correct naps out of 40 selections giving him the top percentage of 88. And so on down. These of course only show you PUPs who selected for half the weeks and got at least 50% correct.

So congratulations again Inchy. You are the PUPs League Champion for 2008/9 and no doubt it will now change your life. I expect to see you opening supermarkets and fetes all through the next 12 months.[;)]

Inch High 35-40 88
NCFC_Shaun  33-39 85
Fonejacker  17-20 85
Trent Canary 27-32 84
Leedscanary  32-39 82
Arrdee 18-22 82
Beaker 25-32 78
Shack Attack 27-35 77
MacDougall’s perm 23-30 77
Mr. Bump 28-37 76
Pboro_Canary  27-37 73
Mister Chops  26-36 72
Sparkos 26-36 72
Gentleman Jim  28-40 70
Nutty Nigel 28-40 70
The Butler  27-39 69
City Angel 24-35 69
Obiwancanary 24-35 69
Fellas 27-40 68
Newyorkcanary 27-40 68
Hissing Sid 26-38 68
Muddy funster 26-38 68
Norfolkbroadslim 21-31 68
Graham Humphrey   26-39 67
GazzaTCC 22-33 67
Kathy       14-21 67
Delia’s Devon… 23-35 66
Hughsey 19-29 66
Norfolkchance1 26-40 65
Berkshire Canary 22-34 65
BringBackIwan 17-26 65
Yankee Canary 25-40 63
Cosmic Twin 24-38 63
Lappinitup 24-40 60
1st Wazzock 23-39 59
Methcanary  20-35 57
Sports-Desk Pete 21-40 53
Blahblahblah 19-36 53
Canary Ryan 12-23 52
Lucky Green Trainers 19-38 50

I will add to this thread over the next few days and I''m sure the power of the PUPs can keep it alive ''til we''ve all had a chance to see it. Thanks again all of you and I hope we are back again next season[Y]....[:)]......

Well done Inchy!  Good work.Thanks Nutty, good season on the free bet if not on the pitch - I hope Billy gives us another run out next year.

Bloody awful finish for me in the end haha! I stopped taking part in January which was mainly because my laptop has only recently been fixed but i will be up there next season dont you worry :P

Cheers Nutty ! You really have worked hard on behalf of the PUPs. [co]

Many thanks also to our favourite bookie who makes this all possible, it''s nice to see at least one local business is prepared to help our club.[B] [B]

Cheers Nutty, I''m pleased to have stayed in the top ten. Not posted much recently for various reasons but just wanted you to know how much us PUPs appreciate your hard work in putting these stats together. Good work mate [Y]

Hurrah! Just above relegation. No final day nerves from this picker.

Well done one and all, and a big thank you to nutty for continuing the free bet.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Hurrah! Just above relegation. No final day nerves from this picker.

Well done one and all, and a big thank you to nutty for continuing the free bet.

[/quote]That would make me the pathetic capitulator then - sounds about right !  [;)]Well done Inch High !  And well done all for taking part, speaking as someone who has had the chance to pick from the selections, it really helps to have a lot to work from, so keep it up boys and girls !Thanks to Nutty, and always to Ray for setting it up.

Thanks Nutty for a great job well done.

Ner ner de ner ner to Inch High the swat[:D](secretly admire the constant thought of your selections well done)

Lets hope Dixmar DIXMAR DIXMAR

Congratulations to all who contributed to the free bet this season, a big shout out to Inchy, whose picks often influenced my own personal weekly accumulator. I don''t really feel deserving of my third/joint second place standing as I only just crept in of the half season rule, due to crappy work commitments.And the biggest thanks is reserved for Nutty Nigel and of course Arrdee.

Well done to Nutty for his hard work in keeping Arrdee''s baby going and fingers crossed for many a year to come.  If I''m not in the top 3( i will be though[;)] ) next season Nutty can I expect a parachute payment? Seriously Nutty a massive thanks for your hard work and to all the evergrowing army of pup''s who make it the pink un''s best thread every week.

Finally a massive thanks to Billy Dixon, without him the whole thing would never exist.[Y]

So its mid table mediocrity here. Hard not to be disappointed when I think of some of my losing picks. (Liverpool v Stoke, home win - denied, Arsenal v Hull, home win - denied, Darlington v Droylsden, home win - denied, Top of the league Wolfsburg to beat bottom of the league Cottbus in Germany - you guessed it!!!). I recently reviewed the carnage that was my week in charge back in October. 6 bankers, or so I thought. Not easy, this predicting lark!!!! All that said though, I''d love another go if the opportunity arises next season.

However it has been an absolute pleasure to join in with this every week, a bright spot in what has been a dismal football season. So to Nutty, huge thanks for all the work you''ve done keeping it going. To Inch High - congratulations, (I''m just going to steal your picks next season). And of course hats off to Billy Dixon for making it all possible.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Cheers Nutty ! You really have worked hard on behalf of the PUPs. [co]

Many thanks also to our favourite bookie who makes this all possible, it''s nice to see at least one local business is prepared to help our club.[B] [B]

[/quote]

It''s been a right pleasure Jim. And I am proud to say that my personal stats were identical to yours. I look on that as an achievement[Y]

Yes Sid, you were on the wrong end of more than a few chokers this season!

Here are the stats which show where us PUPs had most joy and where we would have been better to avoid:-

League Season   %
Overall 568-941 60
Premiership 74-132 56
Championship 67-139 48
League One 61-121 50
League Two 33-85 39
Conference 45-66 68
Welsh 23-30 77
English Cups 26-43 60
Scots Premiership 30-38 79
Scots Leagues 35-58 60
Scots Cup 7-9 78
Europe 133-178 75
Internationals 32-40 80
World Club 1-1 100
Other Non League 1-2 50

And here''s where we were best in Europe:-

League Season   %
Overall 133-178 75
Spain 26-42 62
Italy 19-28 68
Holland 21-27 78
France 8-12 67
Germany 13-15 87
Greece 15-16 94
Belgium 7-8 88
Turkey 5-5 100
Sweden 1-1 100
Austria 3-4 75
Macedonia 0-1 
Switzerland 2-3 67
Croatia 4-5 80
Portugal 4-5 80
Bulgaria 1-1 100
Serbia 1-1 100
Russia 1-1 100
Slovakia 1-1 100
Denmark 1-1 100

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

it has been an absolute pleasure to join in with this every week, a bright spot in what has been a dismal football season.

[/quote]

Could not have put it better than that and hopefully we will all be back to do it again next season.

they only week i didn''t say Almeria to win, they got picked, and then won, that sucked, that should count as a correct pick for me tbh, i didn''t get time to post :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]they only week i didn''t say Almeria to win, they got picked, and then won, that sucked, that should count as a correct pick for me tbh, i didn''t get time to post :P[/quote]I was definitely thinking of you when I picked it, so I guess it should sorta count as you''re implied nap! [:D]Anyways well done everyone! A top season, lots of high percentages and winning weeks. Managed to pick the only losing nap in greece. But I did a cup double despite mid-table league mediocrity!Thanks again Nutty

Congratulations, Inch High!

A big ''Thanks!'' to Nutty Nigel and all his hard work on the Free Bet. At least getting my ''pick'' right meant that there was something to be pleased about when looking at the footy results! [;)]

Hope all you PUPs have a good summer!

Congratulations Inch High and a big thanks to Nutty for all your hard work on keeping this going, I''m sure Ray would be proud of your efforts.