Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

LEE the twist in the spin!

How many times have we seen it before? Archant are running stories as if Lee is the Holy Grail and as if we get him we will return to the promised land!Now.I for one would rather have Hoolihan a young inspirational talent to build a team round! The sad thing is I see that they are building it up already to a massive spin where it appears our whole season hinges on getting Lee? In the last few weeks we will swap him for Hoolihan and and a bit of cash and make it seem as if all our prayers were answered in one signing?Dont know about you but the one player I would build a side around is Hoolihan and they will make money and spin it on us as if we have just won promotion. In truth we will have thrown it away for a few poxy pounds. This is waht is rotten and has been for years about this club and I await the spin story now!Lee would be good but Hoolihan devastating in this division! I will not believe the Yellow and Green are on a upaward trail till Delia and a manager that realises the doc is the worst player ever to grace a NCFC back 4 are goners!Under the current rgime I await the Doc has signed a new contract(BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO) and Lee has signed for a profit and Lee news! (BOOOOOOOOOOOO)Delia out!

I''d rather have Hoolahoop to stay, I think he is a very important player and he showed what he can do over the run we had at the end of the season, shame he got injured.

Was thinking about this earlier.Is anyone else wondering if this is infact an attempt to convince more people to allow the club to keep the rebate?I say this because we know we have that guy who funded Hux''s wages still around waiting to do the same for another player if needs be and supposedly it is a swap deal we are talking about.Ok so sure Gunn mentions competition from the Championship but he says it is more to do with money than the league if you read carefully, he says it is about the amount of money we have to spend on players like that.I suppose I am being overly critical with smacks of conspiracy theory but it seems like a logical spin angle.- Club needs rebates so gets Gunn to talk about trying to raise funds to be able to afford players like Lee and Shackell. That way people will give the club the rebates and if we only get one of the players be happy that their money helped fund a player.It just seems to be so soon after the NCISA statement and before we have even spent any money at all.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''d rather have Hoolahoop to stay, I think he is a very important player and he showed what he can do over the run we had at the end of the season, shame he got injured.[/quote]Absolutely. And look at how we did after he got injured. Also he was instrumental in getting Blackpool out of League One two years ago so he knows what it takes at this level.

Agree. We need to keep Hoolahan. He''s got two years left on his contract so unless he has a clause in his contract, we could keep him for next season and if we don''t get up then sell him next summer.Another question I would ask is how is Bryan Gunn going to attract players of sufficient quality to the club? Take this Nelson bloke off Hartlepool if I was him I''d rather play for Grayson over Gunn because he has a proven track record and will likely get promotion next season. Using this as an example, if Hoolahan and Clingan are sold how is Bryan Gunn going to attract players of sufficient quality to the club. Footballers may be motivated by money but their also fairly ambitious and will know which managers are likely to progress their career.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]If Hoolahan is swapped for Lee then I will be annoyed, but not surprised.[/quote]You have to remember that each player has told Gunny wether he is for staying or going, If hoolahoop has expressed a wish to leave I''d not be adverse to a swap for Lee

Having both Lee and Hoolahan would increase our chances next season although I''d suspect that Hoolahan would want to stay in the Championship where they would surely be interest in him?

Hoolahan didnt get on with Roeder, fact. Will he get on with Warnock, he won''t risk it

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]How many times have we seen it before? Archant are running stories as if Lee is the Holy Grail and as if we get him we will return to the promised land!Now.I for one would rather have Hoolihan a young inspirational talent to build a team round! The sad thing is I see that they are building it up already to a massive spin where it appears our whole season hinges on getting Lee? In the last few weeks we will swap him for Hoolihan and and a bit of cash and make it seem as if all our prayers were answered in one signing?Dont know about you but the one player I would build a side around is Hoolihan and they will make money and spin it on us as if we have just won promotion. In truth we will have thrown it away for a few poxy pounds. This is waht is rotten and has been for years about this club and I await the spin story now!Lee would be good but Hoolihan devastating in this division! I will not believe the Yellow and Green are on a upaward trail till Delia and a manager that realises the doc is the worst player ever to grace a NCFC back 4 are goners!Under the current rgime I await the Doc has signed a new contract(BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO) and Lee has signed for a profit and Lee news! (BOOOOOOOOOOOO)Delia out![/quote]

I was with you until the inevitable Doc bashing. So many players more deserving. Ludicrous.