Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Darel Russell

Russell claimed the Victor Segura worst player of the season trophy on another thread and it was the first time on this board that id seen anyone mention how crap he is. Ive thought this for 2 seasons now. Weve had a midfield of Russell partnered with Brellier, Fozzy and Clingan and weve battled relegation the entire time Russell has been here.Russell has had a  few good games but for the most part has been a headless chicken. Yes he gets stuck in but we need more from a CM, much more. Ive said a few times that if we had Clingan and someone else, a Francis or someone things could have been different this season. Russell really offers nothing to the team apart from someone who can run about a lot. His touch is the worst ive seen of a professional player in norwich colours, he rarely gets in the box or creates any goals and he scored 4 in 41, compared to Clingan, the defensive holding midfielder who scored 6 in 43 (yes i know a couple of pens and free kicks), and Pattison who scored 3 in 26. The midfield is the most important area of the team and when i think back to when we used to dominate this area with Holt and Francis and Safri and Etuhu, we used to win football matches, and i know look at Russell and Clingan, i see half a midfield and one of the main reasons for our demise.My 3 reasons for relegation this season:1. Huckerby2. Roeder3. Darel Francis Russellin no particular order.

Bit harsh maybe, although I do have him down as one of group who thought they would get away if we were relegated and therefore claims joint ownership of the Damien Francis ("Please God don''t let us win this one") Trophy which was inaugurated at Fulham.

As a matter of interest my other joint winners are David Marshall and Sammy Clingan.

I agree and disagree. Although by no means has he been a great asset (mind you, who has over the last few seasons), he hasn''t really been worst than a number of players included in our squad. Safri was twice the player Russell is, because he has skill and composure, Russell purely has the dogged Holt approach, but with less precision. If we manage to keep Clingan, we do need to sign an attacking central midfielder. For me, Clingan and Russell never worked.

I agree that the midfield isn''t right, losing Safri probably unsettled us a bit.  But then he didnt exactly set the world alight at Southampton.

Tommy Miller would be a decent option for me on a free.  We might be an appealing option as well.  Him alongside the combatitive Mickey Spillane could be a decent partnership.

How can huckerby be number 1?

im not being funny but

1. he great player, but its a Team Game! One Player doesn''t make a team

2. whats saying if he at norwich he wouldnt of broke his leg for a year??

crazy to say main reason you went down is because hucks left

[quote user="we8wba"]

im not being funny but

[/quote]You inability to read peoples posts never ceases to amaze me.I believe the original poster said something along the lines of "IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER"So, y''know, that might just be a hint for you.P.S, go "support" your own team [:)]

my bad, i still dont think its down to hucks but more the in-ability to find a suitable replacement for hucks

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="we8wba"]

im not being funny but

[/quote]You inability to read peoples posts never ceases to amaze me.I believe the original poster said something along the lines of "IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER"So, y''know, that might just be a hint for you.P.S, go "support" your own team [:)][/quote]AJWhen i read that post i was fuming, i then glanced at the poster and let out a tirade of profanical abuse. Ive always been annoyed by We8Wba''s posts, but now i hate him even more.Your clarification for him calmed me down so thanks!

Russell was crap last year along with quite a number of others but Roeders contibution outweighs everyone else put together. He was an unmitigated disaster from signings, releasing players, man management, team sellection, tactics, public relations and moral of everyone associated with the club. We will take years to recover from his dismantleing of our club. So yes Russell played his part in our demise but its all about Roeder

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

Is Russell known as an attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder ?

[/quote]Thanks to the number of red cards he picks up ''attacking'' is a more apt description.

Russell has been nothing short of awful this season but I wouldn''t have him in my top 3 reasons as to why we were relegated. Aside for the Boards failure to prevent this from happening over the last 4 years, I would say it''s down to:

1.Roeder

2.Gunn

3. The loan system.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Russell has been nothing short of awful this season but I wouldn''t have him in my top 3 reasons as to why we were relegated. Aside for the Boards failure to prevent this from happening over the last 4 years, I would say it''s down to:

1.Roeder

2.Gunn

3. The loan system.

[/quote]

And you dont the 11 passion less half wits who crossed the white line every saturday dont deserve some of the brunt.

How can you seriously blame Gunn.  ''Right Gunny, you have 15 bags of poo to choose from, pick your best 11 eleven please''  Its always gonna get the same result isnt it.

<<Barclayman (your Carrow Road SuperHero)>>

basically you just want hux back!!!

well i dont and i don''t think he would be as good as he was!!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

And you dont the 11 passion less half wits who crossed the white line every saturday dont deserve some of the brunt.

How can you seriously blame Gunn.  ''Right Gunny, you have 15 bags of poo to choose from, pick your best 11 eleven please''  Its always gonna get the same result isnt it.

[/quote]I think comparing the likes of Semi to a bag of poo is an insult to the footballing abilities of bags of poo everywhere. 

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]I bet you''d get some lovely roses though.

1. The Board (Failed to support Roeder when trying to sign Iversen or Lita hence the reliance on the loan system & Sibierski)2. The Board (Failed to appoint a manger after Roeder with management experience)3. The Snow (Bloody Andrew Davies would have kept us up!)In no particular order.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

<<Barclayman (your Carrow Road SuperHero)>>

basically you just want hux back!!!

well i dont and i don''t think he would be as good as he was!!

[/quote]utter moron...

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

I think comparing the likes of Semi to a bag of poo is an insult to the footballing abilities of bags of poo everywhere. 
[/quote]

Just how did John Otsemobor hood wink his way into becoming a professional footballer.....He did make the league 1 team of the season though when he was with Crewe so maybe thats his level....

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

Is Russell known as an attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder ?

[/quote]Who knows? I don''t think even Russell knows, which for me is why he is such a poor player. I think in his first spell with us he was more of an attacking midfielder. At sStoke I think he was more defensive and now the guy seems to get confused, hence his bad performances.

I dont see that Russell has significantly improved form the player we sold to Stoke. He basically wasnt good enough then and Lee Marshall was the better of the two centre midfielders at that time, so if he wasnt good enough then and the standard of the league has improved, it''s no wonder he''s not good enough now, he works hard but then he always did but the rough edges to his play are still there and havent been polished from his time away from us.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Russell was crap last year along with quite a number of others but Roeders contibution outweighs everyone else put together. He was an unmitigated disaster from signings, releasing players, man management, team sellection, tactics, public relations and moral of everyone associated with the club. We will take years to recover from his dismantleing of our club. So yes Russell played his part in our demise but its all about Roeder[/quote]

Agree with much of your post especially the bit about Roeder but to be fair to Russell he started the season playing out of position so he had a very unsettled time and he didn''t seem to fight as much as he has in the past.

[quote user="we8wba"]

my bad, i still dont think its down to hucks but more the in-ability to find a suitable replacement for hucks

[/quote]

Is English your first language?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Is English his first language?

No, it''s a unique language, called ''Chavsperanto''.....

That is exactly how I imagine him to look lol. Brilliant.

OTBC

[/quote]