Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

SCUM BIG CLUB MY ?

Just seen on sky sports IPSHIT have sold 15000 season tickets for next season.Did their M.D.or chairman say yesterday a club 40 miles north of them are not a big club.No wonder they are the scum of east anglia

The sorry thing is I bet their gate revenue is still alot more thans ours. The more I hear about cheap tickets for OAPs and kids, the more I think that our season ticket numbers are just an illusion created by cheap tickets and that our revenue is actually lower than alot of clubs who get smaller crowds.

Their tickets are slightly more expensive than ours - although some of their kids'' deals are cheaper.

They are not, and never have been, a well supported club.

If Keane had joined us with a promise of millions to spend the STs would have sold out within days.

I hope that in my lifetime we have a least one phase where the club has "ambition" - i.e money to spend - it would be great to see how far we could go.

I suspect in a few years it might be our turn under Cullum; if he survives the recession.

They''ve sold 15,500 now , don''t think they''ll catch us up though [:)]

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Jim Kent"]Wouldn''t it be funny if we get bigger gates in league one than they can get in the championship.[/quote]How far we have fallen that this is what we now cling to... attendances.[/quote]Oh for the days of Fernando Dervald at full-back!

Who''s Shoes would you currently rather be in Wigans or Norwich?

this whole we''re big club because attendence is bollox nowdays to be honest

Agreed, attendances mean very little now as the money from tv etc dwarf gate revenue.

Still nice to see teams with big followings but does not constitute a big club.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Agreed, attendances mean very little now as the money from tv etc dwarf gate revenue.

Still nice to see teams with big followings but does not constitute a big club.

[/quote]

The amount of City memorabilia in cars that I see on the roads around Britain is stunning. We have a massive following [Y] OTBC

[quote user="we8wba"]

Who''s Shoes would you currently rather be in Wigans or Norwich?

this whole we''re big club because attendence is bollox nowdays to be honest

[/quote]

....so this clubs a big club because a wealthy benefactor has decided to fund the payroll.

Wigan.. crap small club, no fans. What goes around... will be in the lower reaches again one day. End of.

I made this point on another thread.As much as we laugh at having 5000 more season ticket holders, go and compare the prices.  Theirs are between £50-£100 more expensive, meaning revenue wise its probable equal or even in their favour.  Plus Keane will attract the casual fans.  Laughing at them is naive for me, as I think everything they have done recently suggests they know about running a football club than our mob.[quote user="CaptnCanary"]The sorry thing is I bet their gate revenue is still alot more thans ours. The more I hear about cheap tickets for OAPs and kids, the more I think that our season ticket numbers are just an illusion created by cheap tickets and that our revenue is actually lower than alot of clubs who get smaller crowds.[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]I made this point on another thread.

As much as we laugh at having 5000 more season ticket holders, go and compare the prices.  Theirs are between £50-£100 more expensive, meaning revenue wise its probable equal or even in their favour.  Plus Keane will attract the casual fans. 

Laughing at them is naive for me, as I think everything they have done recently suggests they know about running a football club than our mob.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]The sorry thing is I bet their gate revenue is still alot more thans ours. The more I hear about cheap tickets for OAPs and kids, the more I think that our season ticket numbers are just an illusion created by cheap tickets and that our revenue is actually lower than alot of clubs who get smaller crowds.[/quote][/quote]

What, finding an idiot to take on about £35m of debts, spending £12m on players (and finishing mid table), whilst not feeling the slightest bit of remorse that the tax payer and local economy have paid the price for the last time they wasted money on Matteo Sereni and Finidi George? I wouldnt be suprised to see them suffer the consequences in a few years when Evans has his fun and moves on to the Tabloid Press for his next jolly.

I don''t feel we, as City supporters, are in any position to take the p*ss out of any other club!

Our club is poorly run, shows NO ambition, we have next to no decent players of our own and we are in League 1! [:(]

[quote]I don''t feel we, as City supporters, are in any position to take the p*ss out of any other club!

Our club is poorly run, shows NO ambition, we have next to no decent players of our own and we are in League 1! [:(][/quote]

You said it!! [:D][:D][:D]

Maybe but you know all the binners down south have been and will continue to mock us over our dire situation so it''s nice to atleast have the edge over them from a supporting prospective, granted I would much rather be in their position that ours, that goes without saying but atleast they don''t have the edge over us in every aspect as our support is superior to theirs and they know it! Besides I work with a binner so it''s important that I have atleast some ammunition to work with he''s slaughtering my club.

We may not be in any position to take the p*ss out of other clubs but in the case of that other club we should either make an exception or ignore them. City fans who use them as a stick, with so many other sticks to use, should really know better.

[quote user="ACE"]I made this point on another thread.As much as we laugh at having 5000 more season ticket holders, go and compare the prices.  Theirs are between £50-£100 more expensive, meaning revenue wise its probable equal or even in their favour.  Plus Keane will attract the casual fans.  Laughing at them is naive for me, as I think everything they have done recently suggests they know about running a football club than our mob.[quote user="CaptnCanary"]The sorry thing is I bet their gate revenue is still alot more thans ours. The more I hear about cheap tickets for OAPs and kids, the more I think that our season ticket numbers are just an illusion created by cheap tickets and that our revenue is actually lower than alot of clubs who get smaller crowds.[/quote][/quote]I salute you ACE, a canary with a bit of sense is such a rarity im afraid. For people like you I sincerely hope NCFC turns itself around.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ACE"]I made this point on another thread.

As much as we laugh at having 5000 more season ticket holders, go and compare the prices.  Theirs are between £50-£100 more expensive, meaning revenue wise its probable equal or even in their favour.  Plus Keane will attract the casual fans. 

Laughing at them is naive for me, as I think everything they have done recently suggests they know about running a football club than our mob.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]The sorry thing is I bet their gate revenue is still alot more thans ours. The more I hear about cheap tickets for OAPs and kids, the more I think that our season ticket numbers are just an illusion created by cheap tickets and that our revenue is actually lower than alot of clubs who get smaller crowds.[/quote][/quote]I salute you ACE, a canary with a bit of sense is such a rarity im afraid. For people like you I sincerely hope NCFC turns itself around.
[/quote]

Maybe our ST prices are slightly lower than yours, but would you still sell as many season tickets as we do if you had been through what we have been through in the last 3 years? I highly doubt it given you strugle to average much more than 20,000 when your team is pushing for the playoffs.

[quote user="blue pride"]Greetings blue mike!!  [:D][/quote]Hiya Blue Pride, im just reading all the envy and jealousy on here, really rather sad. They seem to forget the population difference between us and them is quite a lot, based on that fact we are better supported in terms of % of population.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="blue pride"]Greetings blue mike!!  [:D][/quote]Hiya Blue Pride, im just reading all the envy and jealousy on here, really rather sad. They seem to forget the population difference between us and them is quite a lot, based on that fact we are better supported in terms of % of population.[/quote]

Sad but highly amusing [:D][:D] I felt sorry for them the day they went down. for about 5 seconds. [:D]

I''m out of here now, never to return to such a sad thread. But remember fellow City fans - if you lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="blue pride"]Greetings blue mike!!  [:D]
[/quote]Hiya Blue Pride, im just reading all the envy and jealousy on here, really rather sad. They seem to forget the population difference between us and them is quite a lot, based on that fact we are better supported in terms of % of population.
[/quote]

No what''s sad is that you have to troll other clubs forums, don''t you have anything better to do with your life? The population between Norwich and Ipswich isn''t a great deal different, and given that you have been pushing for promotion for the last few season and we have been fighting relegation only to still average more fans than you can, shows that we are a better supported club. Our team may not be as good as yours currently is, I wont deny that, but our support is superior to yours, surely even a Suffolk simpleton like yourself could work that one out? I can accept that you have a better squad of players than we have, why can''t you accept that we have bigger and better support than you have, don''t be so bitter.

[quote user="blue pride"]Greetings blue mike!!  [:D]
[/quote]

Hey, hey. I think you are on the wrong site here lads.

Can I suggest Match.com.