Sign in to follow this  
|BA

The ex players blame the players

....not the board. Noticed that?Dublin. Huckerby, Barham (apparently - not read it myself),

The ex-players are right the current players are responsible for us going down just as the managers are responsible for bringing those players to the club and the board are responsible for bringing those managers to the club.

Huck''s saw the light whilst still playing at Norwich when he said it was the weakest squad he had played in since joining Norwich.  Right or wrong of him to say it at the time, no doubt be played with his heart on his sleeve and did''nt mind voicing his opinion.  Weak squad or not he still gave his all.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Huck''s saw the light whilst still playing at Norwich when he said it was the weakest squad he had played in since joining Norwich.  Right or wrong of him to say it at the time, no doubt be played with his heart on his sleeve and did''nt mind voicing his opinion.  Weak squad or not he still gave his all.

[/quote]In the same way, weak squad or not I will still be cheering them on come the start of the season. OTBC!!!

[quote user="AndyJR"] Weak squad or not he still gave his all.

[/quote]

....going forward......usually

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Yeah, football players are notoriously perceptive and intelligent aren`t they......

[/quote]Bit of a sweeping statement innit ?.........Some are....some aren''t.... The point is, dim or brilliant, they dont blame the board. Even Bell who was apoplectic at Roeders dismissal was complimentary about our great leaders.Remember when we got relegated and this board was full of idiots pointing at Saints and Charlton citing THATS how our club should be run....ROFL

[quote user="IBA"]Remember when we got relegated and this board was full of idiots pointing at Saints and Charlton citing THATS how our club should be run....[/quote]Call me Mr Pernickity but it was actually when we were promoted that the board first started citing the ''follow the Charlton model'' mantra, but I guess in your world that still doesn''t make them idiots, just the people who posted about it on here get that title not those who initiated and then implemented the starategy.[:|]

The buck always ends with the players because they are at the very sharp end.

But the real problem is the continous appointment of crap managers, the ones who choose the players in the first place.

Yes, but who picks the players? That''s right, the manager. And remind me, who picks the manager? As most sensible, sane people could see the folly, at the outset, of selecting Grant, then Rodent and then Uncle Fester as manager, I think we can clearly deduce that there is something wrong  with the board''s powers of decision-making.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]Yes, but who picks the players? That''s right, the manager. And remind me, who picks the manager? As most sensible, sane people could see the folly, at the outset, of selecting Grant, then Rodent and then Uncle Fester as manager, I think we can clearly deduce that there is something wrong  with the board''s powers of decision-making.[/quote]Yeah great train of thought.... lets blame their parents for ever giving birth shall we... burn every Smith in the country.....lynch mob mentality will never die

Rubbish. grants appointment was cited as a coup throughout football, he continues to be a good coach, he just isn''t (yet) a manager. Nobody was to know that at the time. He was indeed a disasterroeder was a great choice (and of the options available at the time, the only viable choice) to do a specific job. He did it too. Remember the great escape euphoria? Didn''t see protests then.but now, with all the hindsight in the world at your disposal you blame the board..... coolWhy have none of the supposedly disgruntled and ''forced out'' players never stung the Board? I wonder.The players didn''t turn up often enough. Terminate more contracts .....send the loans back (as was done)  make them earn the obscene money they get......

Of course the ex players will blame the players! They still come back to the club and want to be welcomed!

I think barham still does something around the place. Would you pi$$ off the people that paid you?

Try to keep up BA, I know it''s difficult, but the whole point is that a lot of City fans, myself included, thought that Rodent and Grant were wrong at the time of their appointments, and we said so, and we didn''t need the benefits of hindsight to make that judgment, it was just common sense. I would have been delighted to have been proved wrong by your far-sighted, inspirational board, but sadly history records a different story.

Yeah like the players are going to come out and have a go at the board who pay their wages. Footballers might not be the most intelligent but they aren''t stupid."Grants appointment was cited as coup throughout football" - not sure where you got that from, maybe it was from the NCFC board. Most other clubs would have been relieved that their potential rivals had gambled on a complete rookie instead of an experienced manager who may have instilled some ambition into the club.For what its worth I think the main mistake the board made was the sacking of Roeder. Particularly with no back up plan in place to appointed somebody better. For that they deserve to take a large proportion of the blame.

IBA you say no ex players have blamed the board but -

No ex players ever came out and blamed Robert Chase either though did they.

Players and ex managers etc will rarely, rarely speak out about a clubs board, look at all the clubs over the years, how often has it happened.

Matt Le Tisser loves Southampton to bits yet never spoke out against the board.

They dont want to piss on the bonfire as they know they probably wont be welcome back at Carrow Road or whatever club they were linked to.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]Try to keep up BA, I know it''s difficult, but the whole point is that a lot of City fans, myself included, thought that Rodent and Grant were wrong at the time of their appointments, and we said so, and we didn''t need the benefits of hindsight to make that judgment, it was just common sense. I would have been delighted to have been proved wrong by your far-sighted, inspirational board, but sadly history records a different story.[/quote]

I think a lot of people thought Grant was right at the time of his appointment. However he was totally wrong. Nice guy and good coach by all accounts but within a year he took the team back 7 years. Which I''m afraid made Roeder the right appointment, because he came in and did his job, he got us safe. That was a massive achievement but he was incapable of building on it. So he was obviously the wrong man to take the club forward last season. It''s Gunns appointment this time around that beggars belief for me. He failed to turn it around and keep us up so nobody could say he deserved a chance next season like they could Roeder. Strange thing is I''d have been happy to give Butterworth and Crook a go, Butterworth knows the league and Crook was a popular choice with the fans although I''ve yet to see much evidence that his coaching has imporoved our play.