Sign in to follow this  
HappyhammerAndy

Freddy Sears is your man, big time.

This talented centre forward, said to be the next Tony Cottee at UP is being put out on loan by Zola. He can''t get a regular guaranteed place in the WHU side and it is a joint decision that he gets game time elsewhere. What is he, 19 ish? In the reserves and all the way through his academy days, the boy could not stop scoring goals. Sell a few players and take him on a year loan period, he''ll get a hatfull of goals for you, guaranteed. At the moment he''s strongly linked with Crystal Palace but I''d hate to see us do any favours to Howard Wilkinson.

I suggested some loan players from whu to you last year but I got slagged off for trying to offload our rejects off onto you, one was Jack Collison who is now a first team regular, a Welsh internatinal and a "tip for the top".

Better move fast though, interested clubs are alrady gathering to take him!

Andy.

[quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]

This talented centre forward, said to be the next Tony Cottee at UP is being put out on loan by Zola. He can''t get a regular guaranteed place in the WHU side and it is a joint decision that he gets game time elsewhere. What is he, 19 ish? In the reserves and all the way through his academy days, the boy could not stop scoring goals. Sell a few players and take him on a year loan period, he''ll get a hatfull of goals for you, guaranteed. At the moment he''s strongly linked with Crystal Palace but I''d hate to see us do any favours to Howard Wilkinson.

I suggested some loan players from whu to you last year but I got slagged off for trying to offload our rejects off onto you, one was Jack Collison who is now a first team regular, a Welsh internatinal and a "tip for the top".

Andy.

[/quote]I''d love Freddy Sears to be here

Have heard Warnock is sniffing around him too and think a move to the champ and a local club will have more appeal than coming to Norfolk.

Shame as think he is quality.

no. i think we already have enough small strikers in our team. Freddie is not known for his strength and i think league 1 wouldnt do him any favours. better suited to the championship. we have very little money and with cureton, mcdonald, martin and daley here its at least one big man we require to play though the middle.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Good shout, but for me we need to be spending our limited resources not on loans but getting contracted players.
[/quote]

Spot on.  And the need for a target man for our smaller strikers to play off is far more pressing.

Warnock has expressed an intrest in young Freddy, and one Paper mentioned Wolves are being linked with a seasons loan with him (although were being linked to everyone)

So doubt he be going to any League One Side

most likely go to Championship Side - which makes more sense

Whenever I''ve seen Freddie Sears play he has looked weak, knocked off every ball, pretty slow with the pass, not the greatest first touch, and nowhere near the pace of Cody McDonald.

I wouldnt rule out he becoming a good striker, but only if he can follow the Earnshaw or Fowler mould. e.g. does nothing but takes his chance when it presents itself, then I cant see him being the player that you lot think he will.

We cant spend another season blooding everybody elses youngsters, would rather us stick with Luke Daley and Korey Smith so that we get the long term rewards for our efforts.

[quote user="we8wba"]

Warnock has expressed an intrest in young Freddy, and one Paper mentioned Wolves are being linked with a seasons loan with him (although were being linked to everyone)

So doubt he be going to any League One Side

most likely go to Championship Side - which makes more sense

[/quote]

Maybe but apparently the Shammers want to toughen him up and are delighted with the way in which Saaafrend developed Stanislas.

The boys got potential but he''s not for us because we need to keep our loan signings down to a minimum, when Roeder was in charge I was left with the impression that he was more interested in developing other clubs young players rather than our OWN. If we are to get the odd loan signing next season, which is likely, I would rather the club opt for experienced players instead of kids who will only use this club as a stepping stone.

No No No

He is very very average, unproven, lighweight for L1 and will prob want to got to a championship team anyway

Why have we gone from having tons of loan players to now people wanting NO loan players.We can have one or two!! We might need it on our damn budget.

[quote user="HappyhammerAndy"]

Andy.

[/quote]

Unless Bryan Gunn reads this forum you are wasting your time. This is just a Forum for people to talk about NCFC.

Hello mates

Mustachio - I know that it''s a NCFC messageboard, thats why the topic is Freddy Sears and Norwich City, or am I missing something here?

Bumpy -Good decision but you better move fast.

Marshmallow - If you can buy contracted players who will come with all the add ons too, great, but can you?

Rob - If you can''t catch him, you can''t hack him. The last thing that a thick brick div 1 centre half would want is someone whose pace is electric. What you can''t see on the telly is the great runs that he makes. He''s been unlucky because alot of his games have been those where he comes off the bench for the final 15 mins or so. When he has played from the start, he has not had anybody decent to play off of. Di Michelle and Tristan are small and Carlto cole is ......

Zemas - Word is that WHU will look to offload Ashton as soon as he''s fit?

Ryan - He''s only a teenager but in years to come he will be far better than Earnshaw. Can''t comment on Daley or Smith because I''ve never heard of them, any good? Your position is a similar one to ourselves, if players that we bring through are any good, the bigger clubs will snap them up, so can you afford to be patient with them? 

canusitdownplease - Yes, they probably did a good job, I''m well impressed by him. I''ve seen him play this year and I think that he will go far, possibly even next season.

cockers85 - Average? What you don''t see on television is the runs that he makes for balls through the channels or down the side. Are you aware of the number of goals that this kid has scored in the reserves and before?

What he needs is a family club that try and play their football on the ground, that''s you ''aint it?

Andy.

Hello mates

Mustachio - I know that it''s a NCFC messageboard, thats why the topic is Freddy Sears and Norwich City, or am I missing something here?

Marshmallow - If you can buy contracted players who will come with all the add ons too, great, but can you?

Rob - If you can''t catch him, you can''t hack him. The last thing that a thick brick div 1 centre half would want is someone whose pace is electric. What you can''t see on the telly is the great runs that he makes. He''s been unlucky because alot of his games have been those where he comes off the bench for the final 15 mins or so. When he has played from the start, he has not had anybody decent to play off of. Di Michelle and Tristan are small and Carlto cole is ......

Ryan - He''s only a teenager but in years to come he will be far better than Earnshaw. Can''t comment on Daley or Smith because I''ve never heard of them, any good? Your position is a similar one to ourselves, if players that we bring through are any good, the bigger clubs will snap them up, so can you afford to be patient with them? 

canusitdownplease - Yes, they probably did a good job, I''m well impressed by him. I''ve seen him play this year and I think that he will go far, possibly even next season.

cockers85 - Average? What you don''t see on television is the runs that he makes for balls through the channels or down the side. Are you aware of the number of goals that this kid has scored in the reserves and before?

What he needs is a family club that try and play their football on the ground, that''s you ''aint it?

Andy.

[/quote]The points in bold is EXACTLY why we need Hucks back.

Hello mates

Andy.

[/quote]

Musatachio was referring to the bit were you said you had come on here and suggested some players. His point is that you can suggest all you want, none of us can sign them, simple as. I can suggest 100 players right now that would be better than our current crock of sh*t but that doesnt mean that Gunn is going to go and sign any of them.

As for Freddie Sears being far better than Earnshaw, how can you be so certain? 1 goal in 23 appearances for West Ham. Forgive me if I am wrong, but people like Francis Jeffers have come into teams at 17 and done better and ended up as nobodies. I know he is your kid, but we get this all the time. E.g. Ryan Jarvis scoring a few goals, playing for England Under 19s etc. Does that mean he is going to be world class? 0 goals in 30 games for Leyton Orient last season suggest that an amazing goal against Liverpool counts for nothing.#

I cant see much difference between your Freddie Sears and our Chrissy Martin. Only that Martin is our own player with a resale value, and Sears is your player who wouldnt give much of a sh*t were Norwich were to finish if we had him on loan - Just like the last bunch of London based kids that we had. Bertrand, Omnuszi, Henville-Archibald, Gibbs. None of those were any better than our own kids, and look where they got us last year. I proportion a huge amount of blame on our relegation on Roeders decision to rate other clubs youngsters over our own. Spillane and Martin went to Luton last year, but I would have taken them over any of our young London loanees last year. Why? because they were just as good and because they came through the club, meaning that they actually CARE and can show a little PASSION.

The last thing we need is some jumped up premiership kid on 8k a week who cant wait to get back to the cushy world of the premiership reserves and couldnt care less if he leaves Carrow Road on a Saturday with no goals and no points.