Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Debt, or, Transfers,

IF ( big if), we were given £18m what would you do with it?

Clear all our debts or put it all in the transfer funds??

or half and half??

£12m in debt

and £5m on transfers??

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

IF ( big if), we were given £18m what would you do with it?

Clear all our debts or put it all in the transfer funds??

or half and half??

£12m in debt

and £5m on transfers??

[/quote]

leave the debt! you have to speculate to accumulate, the debt has a plan, just a shame deilas managing it!!!

As a fan you would obviously love it all to go on transfers, however, if i owned the club this season i would get 16mil to clear debt and 2mil on players.

Assuming we kept current squad, i think we would only need a couple of mil to consolidate and speculate a little. Okish players at this level don''t cost a fortune and there will be several on a free too.

The interest we pay on the £18m is roughly £1.3m per year I believe our rate is 7.5%, that''s big saving per year.

I hope it''s not theoretical. Do you have £18m?? Thought not.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]The interest we pay on the £18m is roughly £1.3m per year I believe our rate is 7.5%, that''s big saving per year.

I hope it''s not theoretical. Do you have £18m?? Thought not.[/quote]you just had to spoil the moment didn''t you

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]The interest we pay on the £18m is roughly £1.3m per year I believe our rate is 7.5%, that''s big saving per year.

I hope it''s not theoretical. Do you have £18m?? Thought not.[/quote]Spot on. Supposedly this club makes a profit but that the profit is used to ''manage'' the loans and debt. Get rid of the loans and debt and anything that the club turnsover as profit coulth theoreticaly be given as a transfer budget if the club decided to be, erm, whats that word they used once in 1998? Oh yes, ambitious. The sell out stadiums would actually mean something then.

[quote user="Downloads"]

As a fan you would obviously love it all to go on transfers, however, if i owned the club this season i would get 16mil to clear debt and 2mil on players.

Assuming we kept current squad, i think we would only need a couple of mil to consolidate and speculate a little. Okish players at this level don''t cost a fortune and there will be several on a free too.

[/quote]like you said, but i''d have a £5m budget, and then run along trying my utmost to get new investment in the club now the debt was smaller.