Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

New signing

[quote user="Normal for Norfolk"]

Medy Elito will be announced signing for norwich within the next week he is due for a medical on tuesday.

[/quote]

where did you hear that or was it in your head

Medy Elito will be announced signing for norwich within the next week he is due for a medical on tuesday.

[/quote]

where did you hear that or was it in your head

Great, some 18 year old kid? We have enough half decent kids, its the experience that we need. Give me Huckerby, Edworthy, Dickov and company over more kids. Time to put our faith into our OWN kids. Smith, Daley, Martin, Spillane, Rudd, Adeyemi etc.

Sounds like a decent prospect and possibly a Croft replacement. I''m all for us going out and trying to pick up the best young players about in the lower divisions. Whether there is any truth in this I have no idea but it seems rather a random name for someone to pluck from thin air. No doubt our Colchester based media guru will be able to confirm if there is any chance of this being true!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sounds like a decent prospect and possibly a Croft replacement. I''m all for us going out and trying to pick up the best young players about in the lower divisions. Whether there is any truth in this I have no idea but it seems rather a random name for someone to pluck from thin air. No doubt our Colchester based media guru will be able to confirm if there is any chance of this being true![/quote]

Nothing this end but we don''t expect him to stay.  Signed by Williams who gave him half a dozen starts or so.  Did all right - just a kid, of course, but not monstered and some nice touches.

Out of favour this end after Lambert came in.  Previous rumours have been Orient (because of Williams).  Likes to go forward, reminds me of Elokobi. (Williams could not cope with him, funny old game).

If it is true the change of club may do him good.  He has made it to 19 by the way.  Stuck in our reserves after Williams went. Yes, I would give him a chance.

Lovely lad.  We should get a few quid off you but it won''t be much.

The writing was on the wall this end, I think, when we played some of our last matches with only four subs and he still didn''t make it. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sounds like a decent prospect and possibly a Croft replacement. I''m all for us going out and trying to pick up the best young players about in the lower divisions. Whether there is any truth in this I have no idea but it seems rather a random name for someone to pluck from thin air. No doubt our Colchester based media guru will be able to confirm if there is any chance of this being true![/quote]

Nothing this end but we don''t expect him to stay.  Signed by Williams who gave him half a dozen starts or so.  Did all right - just a kid, of course, but not monstered and some nice touches.

Out of favour this end after Lambert came in.  Previous rumours have been Orient (because of Williams).  Likes to go forward, reminds me of Elokobi. (Williams could not cope with him, funny old game).

If it is true the change of club may do him good.  He has made it to 19 by the way.  Stuck in our reserves after Williams went. Yes, I would give him a chance.

The writing was on the wall this end, I think, when we played some of our last matches with only four subs and he still didn''t make it. 

[/quote]

Have to say that myspace page is a bit cringeworthy but maybe i''m just a grumpy old man!

Is he a right winger? Do you think he has what it takes to perform at League1 level or higher?

Myspace page made me laugh! [:P] Seems like a bit of a G this lad! Quite like to see him here tbh, I''ve seen him play a few times and he looked pretty lively. Lets just hope if he does become a City player he can actually cross a ball!

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]Just Googled him.took me to MySpace.Looks like a bit of a Hoodie .The type that join all these much vaunted gangs in Croydon.No thanks ![/quote]So we''re vetting signings based on how they look now?! For crying out loud, I won''t even go into how wrong that is.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Have to say that myspace page is a bit cringeworthy but maybe i''m just a grumpy old man!

Is he a right winger? Do you think he has what it takes to perform at League1 level or higher?

[/quote]

He has mostly played on the right for us.  He has pace, no doubt.  Jury out on whether he can do it, week in, week out because we haven''t seen enough to judge.  Williams gave him his first contract and rated him and when he came on no one stitched him up.

As to the Myspace he is just a kid isn''t he?  Full of enthusisasm. 

I am also a grumpy old man but some of you complained there was not much enthusiasm at Charlton.  Who knows?

I''d give him a chance, yes.  There is not in any place in League One (aka Division Three) for people not turning up. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Croydon Canary"]Just Googled him.took me to MySpace.Looks like a bit of a Hoodie .The type that join all these much vaunted gangs in Croydon.No thanks ![/quote]So we''re vetting signings based on how they look now?! For crying out loud, I won''t even go into how wrong that is.[/quote]We wouldnt have signed Iwan on that basis . . . . . . .

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]This suggests more than the fact than the manager didn''t rate him as a player?

About me: (from his myspace)
yea about myself what can i say well i''m a kool guy most people know me as shiftos coz of my previous years when i use to mc with bad mans like skippy, snippy, knasherz, trebla, madalion, menece and dem man but now iam sticking to footabll because my future is looking bright i have just been called up to play for england u17s.check me out on www.thefa.com i am a profesional football player i play for colchester united and england so u can holla at me if u want

sign him up

[/quote]Who?

If he''s quick and can cross a ball then I couldn''t care less if he had an IQ below 70, Wayne Rooney doesn''t exactly come across as a candidate for MENSA but if in some crazy paralell universe we were on the verge of signing him then I don''t think any of us would turn our noses up. Not that this kid is the new great white hope of the club or that there is even any truth in us signing him, but to start digging around his myspace or vetting him on the way he looks is utterly ridiculous, all we need to worry about is how he plays his football, the rest is irrelevent. If he''s a decent player and is commited to the cause then great, if not then we''ll ship him out, his myspace will not make a difference in any way.

[quote user="NXCanary"]If he''s quick and can cross a ball then I couldn''t care less if he had an IQ below 70, Wayne Rooney doesn''t exactly come across as a candidate for MENSA but if in some crazy paralell universe we were on the verge of signing him then I don''t think any of us would turn our noses up. Not that this kid is the new great white hope of the club or that there is even any truth in us signing him, but to start digging around his myspace or vetting him on the way he looks is utterly ridiculous, all we need to worry about is how he plays his football, the rest is irrelevent. If he''s a decent player and is commited to the cause then great, if not then we''ll ship him out, his myspace will not make a difference in any way.[/quote]

No, because...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="NXCanary"]If he''s quick and can cross a ball then I couldn''t care less if he had an IQ below 70, Wayne Rooney doesn''t exactly come across as a candidate for MENSA but if in some crazy paralell universe we were on the verge of signing him then I don''t think any of us would turn our noses up. Not that this kid is the new great white hope of the club or that there is even any truth in us signing him, but to start digging around his myspace or vetting him on the way he looks is utterly ridiculous, all we need to worry about is how he plays his football, the rest is irrelevent. If he''s a decent player and is commited to the cause then great, if not then we''ll ship him out, his myspace will not make a difference in any way.[/quote]

No, because...

[/quote]

HA!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

yea about myself what can i say well i''m a kool guy most people know me as shiftos coz of my previous years when i use to mc with bad mans like skippy, snippy, knasherz, trebla, madalion, menece and dem man but now iam sticking to footabll because my future is looking bright i have just been called up to play for england u17s.check me out on www.thefa.com i am a profesional football player i play for colchester united and england so u can holla at me if u want

sign him up

[/quote]

made me laugh now if we did sign him Shiftos can play with those bad mans like Drury, Doherty and Cureton. with MC Gunn and Chippy Holla''ing at him from the side line. Still if he''s a good player i could''nt care less what he''s like, might be funny to see him turn up in all his Bling, maybe Earnshaw might even sell him his Hummer, although a hairdryer scooter might be more to our clubs standard. Maybe our resident bad ass Chris Martin will show him around all those 68 pubs he''s been banned from in Beccles and Bungay.

[quote user="Beatle"]

Great!

We''re signing a ''ghetto hoodie''!

Wicked innit!

Dear oh dear oh dear!

[/quote]Who gives a toss where they come from, how they dress or how they speak? Stop being prejudiced as to their background and start looking at the lad''s ability - who not long ago was linked to several Championship sides and plays for England. He ticks all the boxes - young, well though of, experienced in League One.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Beatle"]

Great!

We''re signing a ''ghetto hoodie''!

Wicked innit!

Dear oh dear oh dear!

[/quote]

Who gives a toss where they come from, how they dress or how they speak? Stop being prejudiced as to their background and start looking at the lad''s ability - who not long ago was linked to several Championship sides and plays for England.

He ticks all the boxes - young, well though of, experienced in League One.
[/quote]]

So well thought of even Col Who don''t want him![:|]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/149/article.aspx

[/quote]

Looks like a bit of a lightweight but hopefully he''s put on some muscle since that photo was taken, sounds like he''s a promising young winger who we could pick up for a nominal fee and who would at least be on a permanent contract, a lot of people on this board have been posting about the need to invest in talented young players who will develop a real loyalty to the club, he appears to fit the bill, particularly as we dont exactly have Â£8million to throw around this time. We''re all getting ahead of ourselves anyway as there doesn''t appear to be any concrete evidence that we''re going to sign him anyway, maybe someone should add him as a friend on myspace and ask him???

He''s a young lad from an immigrant family in lLondon so what do people expect? that he''s going to speaking in RP and reading Austen in his spare time? His dialect appears to be no more bizarre or amusing than the Naaaarfuck one!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

[/quote]

innit

Just what i was thinking Wiz , didnt make a start for Col U last season and just 5 appearances as sub , hardly makes him well thought of in my eyes .