Sign in to follow this  
Turbot

Are there any teams in Britain

that are in a worse plight than us, I fear we are are in a worse position than we thought.

Newcastle have the money to make a realistic challenge for a play off place, we on the other hand I believe will be out of our depth in league 1, as we were muscled out in the Championship and we are now going into an even more division where a physical approach will be needed, hardly the Norwich way is it?

Leave my local team out of this there''s talk they have a buyer so might play a season without getting points taken away lol.

Charlton must be in a worse position than us as they had until recently only sold 1000 season tickets to our 18000, so let''s just see who speands more in the transfer market then.....

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Charlton must be in a worse position than us as they had until recently only sold 1000 season tickets to our 18000, so let''s just see who speands more in the transfer market then.....[/quote]Big attendances mean JACK ALL!

apart from Newcastle by average attendance we must be underachieving more than most. The boasting of attendance figures works both ways.

[quote user="missing in action?"]clydeeast stirlingmiddlesbroughnewcastlecrawleychesterdarlingatonnorthwich victoria

What a line up!!! Thanks delia!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Charlton must be in a worse position than us as they had until recently only sold 1000 season tickets to our 18000, so let''s just see who speands more in the transfer market then.....[/quote]

get a grip! we have sold 18000, how much to you reckon we will get for transfers! As we have discovered gates receipts dont make a club!

Middlesbrough & Newcastle must have v high wage bills & debt, I suppose they have saleable assets.

Rotherham, not even stadium in own town, play at an athletics stadium in sheffield, no money. Recently in admin, probably lose all saleable assets this summer.....but they do have Mark Robins.

Bradford, Luton, Darlington... There are many worse off or in as bad a position to us.

But success is relative.

[quote user="Turbot"]Newcastle have the money to make a realistic challenge for a play off place, we on the other hand I believe will be out of our depth in league 1, as we were muscled out in the Championship and we are now going into an even more division where a physical approach will be needed, hardly the Norwich way is it?[/quote]Personally, I think too much is made of this ''physical'' malarkey. I think what is more worrying is our complete inability to score, coupled with our complete inability to prevent them going in the other end.

Agree completely, been completely toothless up front since Earnie left, our attacks were all a bit too planned and intricate under Roeder and Grant, time for some sheer instinct to take over, it''s football, not chess. For effing hecks sake Gunn! get a bloody goalscorer in, please and give him the players around him to allow him to do his job. Lita was wasted at us, i think, Lee and him would have been immense! I''d love Martin to turn the boosters on this year and blitz league 1 like his potential shows he can.

[quote user="Turbot"]Newcastle have the money to make a realistic challenge for a play off place, we on the other hand I believe will be out of our depth in league 1, as we were muscled out in the Championship and we are now going into an even more division where a physical approach will be needed, hardly the Norwich way is it?[/quote]Don''t bank on it. I''ve heard that relegation will put them into catastrophic financial difficulties. Middlesbrough are in big trouble too. At the very least those two clubs need to get back into the Premiership straight away otherwise they could be the next big clubs to slip even further down the leagues.