Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

All Bad News

It is now a few weeks since relegation and with  still no news about a new Board, couple that with Bryan Gunn''s very downbeat statements  it shows we are no better off than we were at the Valley.

The lack of any signings too is very worrying, Darren Huckerby is spot on we need 7-10 players minimum. And we need to be in there now. Not next month or the month after. NOW.

These comments from Bryan no matter how true will just antagonise the fans even more, I know we want  the club to be more  honest & upfront with the supporters but we will have gates of around 20,000 next year so lets compete with the might of Exeter, Yeovil etc not keep moaning about lack of income.

We know it is bad, but worse than most of the other 3rd division clubs ? not on your life.    

I now think it is time to think the unthinkable and accept administration. True we would have the 10 point penalty to contend with but it would allow a new owner to come and to start afresh.

My only worry is that we could lose Colney if we went into administarion, could anyone tell me if this likely ?

If you go into administration then the Administrators will sell off all assets to meet the debts - so yes, Colney would very likely be sold off.And hundreds of local businesses would be paid about 5p in the pound as they''d be at the back of the queue for payment, as the big corporate interests and securitisations would come first.It would NOT be a good thing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you go into administration then the Administrators will sell off all assets to meet the debts - so yes, Colney would very likely be sold off.And hundreds of local businesses would be paid about 5p in the pound as they''d be at the back of the queue for payment, as the big corporate interests and securitisations would come first.It would NOT be a good thing.[/quote]They sell the team first.... hang on yeah Colney it is then.

Canarytim, Sorry to bring out that old cliche that, ''''that I have heard from a good source'''', but something  I have heard regarding,  the Colney situation. A well known ex chief scout who still has contact with the club lives next door to my Dad, they are good mates and often talk about City. He told my Dad Delia actually owns Colney and not the football club, I don''t know how it works or all the details, but if the football club was sold Colney is a completely separate and not in the same package as Norwich City, as the land & training facility is actually in Delias name. So my understanding is if the Club went into administration Delia would still own Colney, or if she so wished and wanted to cash in on that very valuable asset she could sell Colney at any time & the Club would not see a penny of it.

[quote user="canarytim"]

It is now a few weeks since relegation and with  still no news about a new Board, couple that with Bryan Gunn''s very downbeat statements  it shows we are no better off than we were at the Valley.

The lack of any signings too is very worrying, Darren Huckerby is spot on we need 7-10 players minimum. And we need to be in there now. Not next month or the month after. NOW.

These comments from Bryan no matter how true will just antagonise the fans even more, I know we want  the club to be more  honest & upfront with the supporters but we will have gates of around 20,000 next year so lets compete with the might of Exeter, Yeovil etc not keep moaning about lack of income.

We know it is bad, but worse than most of the other 3rd division clubs ? not on your life.    

I now think it is time to think the unthinkable and accept administration. True we would have the 10 point penalty to contend with but it would allow a new owner to come and to start afresh.

My only worry is that we could lose Colney if we went into administarion, could anyone tell me if this likely ?

[/quote]

Which new owner would that be then?

As things stand I would be amazed if any  "prospective new owners " came to the club, for a start they would have to buy out Delia & probrably clear the debt. 

But a club with no debt  and with 20,000 season ticket holders would surely be a completeley different proposition.

I do agree with Mr Chops though, administration would hurt local business and that is a very good reason for avoiding it if we can.

As for the banks involved... tough.   

What is more worrying is the Message on here regarding the club''s supposed inability to cover this  months wages, we need the club to comment on this now.

Too many things have been discredited one day to be the absolute truth the next.

[quote user="canarytim"]

As things stand I would be amazed if any  "prospective new owners " came to the club, for a start they would have to buy out Delia & probrably clear the debt. 

But a club with no debt  and with 20,000 season ticket holders would surely be a completeley different proposition.

I do agree with Mr Chops though, administration would hurt local business and that is a very good reason for avoiding it if we can.

What is more worrying is the Message on here regarding the club''s supposed inability to cover this  months wages, we need the club to comment on this now.

Too many things have been discredited one day to be the absolute truth the next.

[/quote]

And no assets and no hope of getting out of league one...

I don''t believe we do need 7-10 players necessarily, just 4 or 5 to help galvanise the good players we have and replace the rubbish ones. The standard of football next year, whilst fully respecting it, will be worse and some of our team will surprise you. We need, as things stand, a back up/ experienced ''keeper, a big strong striker, a fast striker, a right winger and another more creative and imposing option in centre mid, perhaps chuck in another suprise signing to brighten the place up or a right back, although i''d like to see Semmi given a chance at this level despite how crap he is at Championship level and if he''s not up to it, give spillane a go.If Stefanovic leaves we need a centre back, same applys with all our team.I''d be happy as anything if our team to start on august the 1st was:RuddSemmiDruryDohertyStefanovicNew right midHoolahanClinganRusty or new centre midnew target manmcdonaldBench of: Nelson, Spillane, Lappin, Smith, Russell, Cureton, MartinWould leave us a prove fast goalscorer like Nathan Tyson short i think.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

And no assets and no hope of getting out of league one...

[/quote]

You''ve every hope of getting out of League one - - - - - - into league two.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Canarytim, Sorry to bring out that old cliche that, ''''that I have heard from a good source'''', but something  I have heard regarding,  the Colney situation. A well known ex chief scout who still has contact with the club lives next door to my Dad, they are good mates and often talk about City. He told my Dad Delia actually owns Colney and not the football club, I don''t know how it works or all the details, but if the football club was sold Colney is a completely separate and not in the same package as Norwich City, as the land & training facility is actually in Delias name. So my understanding is if the Club went into administration Delia would still own Colney, or if she so wished and wanted to cash in on that very valuable asset she could sell Colney at any time & the Club would not see a penny of it.[/quote]Wow, that IS interesting. Or, rather, it would be if it were true. If you had bothered to check, by reading the accounts, for example, or asking the club, you would have found Colney is owned by the plc, just as Carrow Road is.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

Which new owner would that be then?

[/quote]

the one the administratos find... someone could technically buy the club for £1 for example.. remember when Woolies went into administration? Delia would have no sa in the matter and would get what she was given....

I suppose when we were protesting about chase 15 years qago you sat there and thought "oh no, he cant leave.. there isnt a buyer lined up...."? no.. i didnt think so... the board just tell us there is no buyer.. and expect fools to believe it.

jas :)