Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Alan Shearer the Gordie Brian Gunn

Former players/heros/legends can''t keep their teams from relegation. What you need is experince in the role. Wonder if Newcastle will learn from our mistake??

Unlike Gunn, Shearer has other career options.  Back to the BBC, for example.Oh, and Shearer is also adored by the fans.  Unlike Gunn.

They got what they deserved. Newcastle are worse than Norwich believing that the only people who can do any good there are Shearer and Keegan.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]But isn''t Mike Ashley the Cockney Delia Smith?[/quote]He''s certainly had a few of her pies, I reckon.  I think Delia''s more popular and he''s much more wealthy, perhaps we could swap owners for a season.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]He only had 8 games there was not much more he could have done[/quote]I think he could have done more than take 4 points from 24...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Unlike Gunn, Shearer has other career options.  Back to the BBC, for example.
Oh, and Shearer is also adored by the fans.  Unlike Gunn.

[/quote]

Shearer was adored by the fans as a player.. LIKE gunn....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Unlike Gunn, Shearer has other career options.  Back to the BBC, for example.Oh, and Shearer is also adored by the fans.  Unlike Gunn.[/quote]

[/quote] Newcastle fans also love him as a manager and wanted him in the job to start with , a lot Norwich fans did not want Gunn from day one and hardly anybody wanted him reappointed.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Unlike Gunn, Shearer has other career options.  Back to the BBC, for example.Oh, and Shearer is also adored by the fans.  Unlike Gunn.[/quote]

[/quote]Yes, Jas.  I was pointing out the differences between them.  This is why I did not bother to point out the similarities between them.  I trust you understand this.

Another difference is that Shearer had to work with the players that were there - Gunny had a chance to bring in new players at the end of January and using the loan window.

On the similarity front, both appointments seemed to be motivated by an emotional response rather than rational thinking. Just because someone loves the Club, wants the job and bleeds yellow/green (or black/white) doesn''t automatically make them the best person for the job. Sure it could help but it shouldn''t be the only criteria.