Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Which one player would you like to see City sign for next season?

MODS shouldn''t this by under the transfer rumour section!? (insert wink and smiley face!) seriously though I wouldn''t mind given someone like Gary Speed a retirement at Carrow rd. Something we''ve been missing for a long time, a wise head!

I cant believe im reading in the local Ipswich paper tonite that Notts county are coming in for Billy Clarke,how the hell can the Norwich board even consider not making sure they offer enough to get this guy to carrow road ?? I know he has reprtedly turned you down, but as we all know money talks with footballers and surely even with your problems you must be on a par with clubs like County when it comes to spending power. Clarke would no doubt score you the goals to at least put you in with a chance of competing at the top of the table next season. Come off it Delia and stop shafting the City fans, havent they suffered enough as it is ?? Twice the player Alan Lee trust me, if it wasnt for the fact magilton was such a goon he would still be at portman road for sure, to many bridges burned now im afraid.

[quote user="motley7"]Danny Kelly? this season is getting exciting already...[;)][/quote]Its not the danny kelly that used to work with the legend that is DANNY BAKER is it. Fork me, he''s lying about his age if it is. Seriously, lets not re-sign players again. If anyone cares to remember, ROBERT FLECK was never the same player second time round. New division, new challenge, new blood!!

[quote user="bluemike"]I cant believe im reading in the local Ipswich paper tonite that Notts county are coming in for Billy Clarke,
how the hell can the Norwich board even consider not making sure they offer enough to get this guy to carrow road ?? I know he has reprtedly turned you down, but as we all know money talks with footballers and surely even with your problems you must be on a par with clubs like County when it comes to spending power. Clarke would no doubt score you the goals to at least put you in with a chance of competing at the top of the table next season. Come off it Delia and stop shafting the City fans, havent they suffered enough as it is ?? Twice the player Alan Lee trust me, if it wasnt for the fact magilton was such a goon he would still be at portman road for sure, to many bridges burned now im afraid.
[/quote]

whats so good about him

[quote user="barryevans"]

[quote user="bluemike"]I cant believe im reading in the local Ipswich paper tonite that Notts county are coming in for Billy Clarke,
how the hell can the Norwich board even consider not making sure they offer enough to get this guy to carrow road ?? I know he has reprtedly turned you down, but as we all know money talks with footballers and surely even with your problems you must be on a par with clubs like County when it comes to spending power. Clarke would no doubt score you the goals to at least put you in with a chance of competing at the top of the table next season. Come off it Delia and stop shafting the City fans, havent they suffered enough as it is ?? Twice the player Alan Lee trust me, if it wasnt for the fact magilton was such a goon he would still be at portman road for sure, to many bridges burned now im afraid.
[/quote]

whats so good about him

[/quote]

I can tell you that, he has scored 18 goals this year on loan at 3 different clubs, which is more than any of our current strikers have scored. He also has the pace of Cody McDonald and lives down the road.

Would be an excellent signing, but Bryan Gunn has been made aware courtesy of an email that I sent to the club a while back. I would have Matt Richards off them lot as well.

[quote user="james norwich"]Darren Huckerby...................[/quote]Someone tell Gunn to get his backside up to Dundee Utd and look at a young striker called johnny Russell, you could get him for next to nowt and he has bags of potential, would do a job at that level for sure. Why am I helping the enemy ??? LOL.

i would resign an absolute city legend. i dont mean hucks, i mean..............................................TROY ARCHEBALD HENVILLE!!!!!! he done the job @ exeter

I''m with Pete, Rickie Lambert would be quality and as Smudger said we really should have got him onboard in January

I think we need some experienced players. I''ve already said in a previous post that I''m believing in the Academy team at the moment. And Bertrand excluded I don''t really think many of the loanee youngsters made too much of an impression.Realistically - I can see us picking up some lower league players. I''d love to see a couple of the Burton Albion players come to us. Aaron Webster or Shaun Harrad especially... Not sure if Keith Gilroy could take the step up - but he''s always looked like a special player. It seems like Clough is creaming off the best of that talent for himself though......

[quote user="Joey Deacan"]Here you go Gunny

BARNSLEY

Out of Contract:
Rob Kozluk,
Luke Steele,
Michael Coulson,
Jonathan Macken,
Luke Potter

Released:
Dennis Souza,
Marciano Van Homoet,
Diego Leon,
Kyle Letheren

Birmingham - Released:

Radhi Jaidi,
Médhi Nafti,
Martin Taylor

Blackpool:

Out of Contract:

Claus Jørgensen,
Danny Coid,
Francesco Carratta,
David Fox,
Stuart Green,
Brett Ormerod,
Jermaine Wright,
Marlon Broomes,

Bristol City Out of Contract:

Dele Adebola,
Louis Carey,
Liam Fontaine,
Izzy Iriekpen,
Lee Johnson,
Jamie McAllister,
Jamie McCombe,
Scott Murray,
Cole Skuse,
Chris Weale,
Jennison Myrie-Williams,
David Noble

Burnley Out of Contract:

Graham Alexander,
Steve Jones,
Alex MacDonald,
Gabor Király,
Alan Mahon

Cardiff Out of Contract:

Miguel Comminges,
Mark Kennedy,
Darren Purse,
Riccardo Scimeca,

Charlton out of contract:
Darren Ambrose,
Deon Burton,
Rob Elliott,
Jonathan Fortune,
Matt Holland,
Svetoslav Todorov,
Zheng Zhi

Coventry Out of Contract:
Marcus Hall,
Andy Marshall,
Leon McKenzie,

Palace OOC:

Scott Flinders,
Clint Hill,
Paul Ifill,
Shefki Kuqi,
John Oster,
James Scowcroft,

Derby:
Mile Sterjovski,
Andy Todd

Doncaster:

Sean McDaid,
Ben Smith,
Neil Sullivan
Gareth Taylor

Ipswich Town:

Dean Bowditch,
Ivan Campo,
Chris Casement,
Tommy Miller,
Matt Richards,
Dan Harding,
Liam Trotter,

Forest:
Ian Breckin,
Paddy Gamble,
Garath McCleary,
Emile Sinclair,
Adam Newbold

Plymouth:

Rodolphe Douala,
Emile Mpenza,
Luke Summerfield,

QPR:

Jake Cole,
Jordi Lopez,
Liam Miller,
Damion Stewart,
Gareth Ainsworth
Zesh Rehman,
Danny Maguire

Reading:
Michael Duberry,
Brynjar Gunnarsson,
Marcus Hahnemann,
Leroy Lita,
Graeme Murty,
Sam Sodje,
Scott Golbourne

Sheff Utd:

Ian Bennett,
Ugo Ehiogu,
Gary Speed,
Danny Webber,
Mamadou Seck,
Ben Starosta,
Aymen Tahar

Sheff Weds:

Wade Small,
Steve Watson,
Kenny Lunt

Southampyon:

Kelvin Davis,
Jason Euell,
LLoyd James,
Chris Perry,
Rudi Skacel,
Ryan Smith,
Michael Svensson,
Jake Thomson,
Bradley Wright-Phillips,
Stern John,

Swansea City:

Matty Collins,
Dorus de Vries,
Kristian O''Leary,
Andrea Orlandi,
Dennis Lawrence,
Chris Jones

Watford:

Steve Kabba,
Mart Poom,
Theo Robinson,
Andrei Stepanov,
Gareth Williams,

Wolves:

Jody Craddock [/quote]

Very good homework, interesting list of players here, no doubt one or two may end up at Carrow Rd.

I think if were gonna spend money on players the most wel be looking at is 200-500k total, so itl have to be players from L2 or lower L1. The likes of Rickie Lambert, Simon Cox etc...are being looked at by clubs alot higher so theyl all be in the region of £1mill+, way out of our league.

I think Andy Bishop at Bury is a great shout. Hes had three excellent seasons at Bury in terms of goals, hes 25yrs old, has experience of the lower leagues, i reckon we could get him for 200-500k.

Other L2 players worth a look- Ben Davies (Midfield - Shrewsbury), Omar Daily (Winger- Bradford), Grant Holt (Striker- Shrewbury) Dave McCraken (CentreHalf - Wycombe) Scott Shearer (Goalkeeper - Wycombe)

Also Leigh Griffiths at Livingstonem, 18yrs old, 22goals in 40 games in Scot Div 1, Scotland B international.

[quote user="Willmeister"]I''m with Pete, Rickie Lambert would be quality and as Smudger said we really should have got him onboard in January
[/quote]

Maybe, but why would Bristol Rovers allow him to go a competitor and why would Lambert want to join us anyway ?

[quote user="Willmeister"]Its too late now, he will undoubtedly go to a champiosnhip team, which is why we should have gone for him in Jan.
[/quote]

Agreed, but interestingly many people expected a Championship club to make a move for him in the January transfer window but it didn''t happen.

[quote user="Joey Deacan"]Here you go GunnyBARNSLEYOut of Contract:Rob Kozluk,Luke Steele,Michael Coulson,Jonathan Macken,Luke PotterReleased:Dennis Souza,Marciano Van Homoet,Diego Leon,Kyle LetherenBirmingham - Released:Radhi Jaidi,Médhi Nafti,Martin TaylorBlackpool:Out of Contract:Claus Jørgensen,Danny Coid,Francesco Carratta,David Fox,Stuart Green,Brett Ormerod,Jermaine Wright,Marlon Broomes,

Bristol City Out of Contract:Dele Adebola,Louis Carey,Liam Fontaine,Izzy Iriekpen,Lee Johnson,Jamie McAllister,Jamie McCombe,Scott Murray,Cole Skuse,Chris Weale,Jennison Myrie-Williams,David Noble

Burnley Out of Contract:Graham Alexander - signed a new dealSteve Jones,Alex MacDonald,Gabor Király,Alan MahonCardiff Out of Contract:Miguel Comminges,Mark Kennedy,Darren Purse - missed out onRiccardo Scimeca,

Charlton out of contract:Darren Ambrose,Deon Burton,Rob Elliott,Jonathan Fortune,Matt Holland,Svetoslav Todorov,Zheng ZhiCoventry Out of Contract:Marcus Hall,Andy Marshall,Leon McKenzie- unless he''s got bad injuries now

Palace OOC:Scott Flinders,Clint Hill,Paul Ifill,Shefki Kuqi,John Oster,James Scowcroft,

Derby:Mile Sterjovski,Andy ToddDoncaster:Sean McDaid- went to school with him!Ben Smith,Neil SullivanGareth TaylorIpswich Town:Dean Bowditch,Ivan Campo,Chris Casement,Tommy Miller,Matt Richards,Dan Harding,Liam Trotter,

Forest:Ian Breckin,Paddy Gamble,Garath McCleary,Emile Sinclair,Adam NewboldPlymouth:Rodolphe Douala,Emile Mpenza,Luke Summerfield,QPR:Jake Cole,Jordi Lopez,Liam Miller,Damion Stewart,Gareth AinsworthZesh Rehman,Danny Maguire

Reading:Michael Duberry,Brynjar Gunnarsson- staying thereMarcus Hahnemann,Leroy Lita,Graeme Murty,Sam Sodje,Scott GolbourneSheff Utd:Ian Bennett,Ugo Ehiogu,Gary Speed,Danny Webber,Mamadou Seck,Ben Starosta,Aymen TaharSheff Weds:Wade Small,Steve Watson,Kenny LuntSouthampyon:Kelvin Davis,Jason Euell,LLoyd James,Chris Perry,Rudi Skacel,Ryan Smith,Michael Svensson,Jake Thomson,Bradley Wright-Phillips,Stern John,

Swansea City:Matty Collins,Dorus de Vries,Kristian O''Leary,Andrea Orlandi,Dennis Lawrence,Chris JonesWatford:Steve Kabba,Mart Poom,Theo Robinson,Andrei Stepanov,Gareth Williams,Wolves:Jody Craddock

[/quote]

Get Matt Holland to replace Clinghan. Yes maybe be an ex ipswich but don''t care. Was long time ago and is a terrific player. Another player is Mahon who id like to see...

Jon Oster is an ambitious player id like to see us try and sign but doubt he would drop down a division :(

Just seen that list. Mart Poom from watford??? Was he a regular or not?? Would be OUTSTANDING keeper to sign experience wise. Learnt his trade at a whole host of top clubs. Would be brilliant to train with Russ and Steer! Wages might be a problem with him being a big clubs before..

Kelvin Davis has just had a brilliant season for the Saints and would be the perfect buy to fill the keeper spot and bring on the young keepers

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="Willmeister"]I''m with Pete, Rickie Lambert would be quality and as Smudger said we really should have got him onboard in January
[/quote]

Maybe, but why would Bristol Rovers allow him to go a competitor and why would Lambert want to join us anyway ?

[/quote]

It depends upon who makes him the best contract offer and meets any minimum release fee that might be in his contract. He is rumoured to be on half the wages Cureton is on and willing to consider another league one club.