Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Today's playoff final

Any thoughts on who gets to be next year''s whipping boys in the Premiership?We beat Sheffield United with a last minute Croft goal , but we were lucky as they spurned at least three excellent chances including a James Beattie cross-field through ball which hit the corner flag.  Useless donk.We made Burnley look pretty average too, but they were knackered and didn''t really show up.Burnley away was a tragic no-show, I didn''t go to Sheff Utd away but recall we got muscled out of it.  I expect a tight rough game without much flair, and Burnley to nick it by a goal.  Good luck to them, and I hope they don''t squander the parachute payments.

I hope Burnley go up.  Its been a long long time for them, and to me they are one of the ''traditional'' top flight teams (but that''s age talking).

Think I''d fancy either of them to do better than Hull next time.  Phil Brown will be gone by Christmas.

I know all goalkeepers are barking mad but today there are two of the maddest in Jensen and Kenny. A guess would be that at least one of them will have a crucial effect on the outcome.

I think Burnley will win it, simply on the basis that they are going to be better prepared for the ''big occasion'' after their Cup games this season.

Anyone know how many Sheffield and Burnley fans have made the trip? I heard both clubs were given an allocation of 36,000 each., why aren''t clubs given bigger allocations for such a big game?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="MCWILL"]

BURNLEY 1-0 WADE ELLIOT

[/quote]

a player we were strongly linked with last year, d''oh!
[/quote]

do''h indeed!

sorry if i missed anything i was playing badminton :P

The way Wembley has been funded means that a large chunk of tickets are kept for sponsors etc.The ''Prawn Sandwich'' brigade.

[quote user="Herman "]The way Wembley has been funded means that a large chunk of tickets are kept for sponsors etc.The ''Prawn Sandwich'' brigade.[/quote]

I guess that explains why there are quite a few empty seats inside wembley, load of bollocks if you ask me! Both clubs should be given atleast 40,000 each for such a big game.

However I did hear that Millwall took nearly 50,000 fans to wembley yesterday, so perhaps those ticket rights don''t apply to the league 1 play off final games, only the bigger ones.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user="Herman "]The way Wembley has been funded means that a large chunk of tickets are kept for sponsors etc.The ''Prawn Sandwich'' brigade.[/quote]

I guess that explains why there are quite a few empty seats inside wembley, load of bollocks if you ask me! Both clubs should be given atleast 40,000 each for such a big game.

However I did hear that Millwall took nearly 50,000 fans to wembley yesterday, so perhaps those ticket rights don''t apply to the league 1 play off final games, only the bigger ones.

[/quote]I doubt many corporate spectators would have been that interested in Millwall against Scunthorpe!They''re suggesting on Sky that Utd might put Lupoli on - that would really round the season nicely if a player we rejected swung the playoff. [:(]

[quote user="barryevans"]hope sheff utd don''t win and see who they will blame this time.[/quote]

The referee, it would seem. Blackwell claims he has some sort of grudge against him. He was complaining about the choice of referee before the game even started!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I expect a tight rough game without much flair, and Burnley to nick it by a goal. 
[/quote]

Who''s your inside source [:O][:-*]

Not a bad prediction. Not bad at all ...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I expect a tight rough game without much flair, and Burnley to nick it by a goal.  [/quote]

Who''s your inside source [:O][:-*]

Not a bad prediction. Not bad at all ...

[/quote]I backed them to win, and a side bet to win 1-0.  Not big money, but a round of drinks... which I will spend on my father in law, who''s a Burnley fan and will be - to use a great footballing cliché - over the moon.  The right team won, Sheff Utd were lacklustre.  Like Newcastle yesterday, they just plodded around without looking really up for it.