Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Well Done Burnley

Amazing what you can do on a tiny budget a very small squad and when you don''t have complete idiots running your club, they invested the money they got from lafferty on a few players, i tell you they''re a crazy lot up there spending money on team building crazy i say!!!

my other half is over the moon ...

i think they will spend wisely and stay up .

makes you sick when you think ,we are a bigger club , bigger gates , better ground .

just idiots running this club , i always had my thoughts burnley would do it .

[quote user="singing canary"]shes a big burnley fan ..[/quote]My father in law''s a huge fan, he''s there today and has been to most of the games this year.  He was kind enough to drive me to Burnley this year to watch the away game when they twatted us 2-0.  The journey there was good.  The journey back was painful.

Yes, well done Burnley.

I''m pleased Sheff Utd didn''t quite make it. Nothing against them particularly but out of the two teams they''re the ones who''ll be trousering all the money from theTevez affair so they''re hardly skint.

It''s been 33 years since Burnley were last in the top flight. An exciting journey for them in strark contrast with our fate in having tp plumb the murky depths of the third tier after nearly 50 years outside it.

Likewise I''m pleased for teams like Hull  - why couldn''t we have done that ? - and Scunthorpe and Peterborough but to whom we are now officially underdogs !!

God, these are truly depressing times to be a Norwich City supporter.....

4th smallest playing budget in the Championship according to the commentator today.

Money doesn''t seem to have spoiled their game, does it?

Just shows what can be achieved when you make the right decisions and appointments!

I said Burnley would go up this season the moment they signed Chris Eagles, i picked two of the 3 teams that went up correctly though this season, i said to my friend''s it''d be Wolves Cardiff and Burnley.

To be fair you could have said the same about us the season we won the title - hardly splashed the cash big-time, did we.  It does prove what a good mix of management and players who will fight for the cause can do, and gives heart to those who are competing against the recently relegated/wealthier sides in the Champs....just pees me off that we won''t be one of them next season due largely to mismanagement and lazy tossers on the field.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]To be fair you could have said the same about us the season we won the title - hardly splashed the cash big-time, did we.  It does prove what a good mix of management and players who will fight for the cause can do, and gives heart to those who are competing against the recently relegated/wealthier sides in the Champs....just pees me off that we won''t be one of them next season due largely to mismanagement and lazy tossers on the field.[/quote]How much was Hucks?

I have to say I thought Burnley were superb today. Considering they have tiny gates and a therefore a small budget to build a squad, they have a first rate set of players. Far superior to ours this last season. Just goes to show what good management can do for you. We''ve pissed so much money up a wall on poor players it''s untrue.

£750,000, then i don''t think Svensson or McKenzie came cheap either.

But i think we probably spent less than Burnley did this season IMHO.

Wasn''t Huckerby £750,000  - Svensson was only a small fee like £100K rising to £250k depending upon promotion and McKenzie was £400k. Not a lot really considering we didn''t buy Svensson or Huckerby until January. Oh and we signed Edworthy for free.

[quote user="Lambo"]

£750,000, then i don''t think Svensson or McKenzie came cheap either.

But i think we probably spent less than Burnley did this season IMHO.

[/quote][Y]Cheers guys. I thought it was about 750k but wasnt sure

I think Huck''s deal had a clause in it that brought it to a million if we ended up getting promoted though, not certain with that however. Just seem to remember reading it somewhere.