Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

No more football

As if the agonising demise of Norwich City wasn''t enough, we now have to put up with the sight of grown men crying in public because their precious team has been relegated from the Premiership.

This in a country which sends its'' young men to the frontline to risk their lives saving us from a world where little girls have acid thrown in their faces for going to school.

I now intend ostacising the game for at least two months and devoting my attention to all the wonderful cricket this summer.

No more Pink Un notice board for me. No more getting exited about prospective signings, no more post mortems in the pub and no more reading Bryan Gunn''s pessimistic utterances about our prospects for next season.

Bill Shankley --- you were wrong.

Oh Delia, what have you done to me?

Oh, after the Champions League final (and maybe a couple of England games) that is.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Cricket is a marvelous Sport.
[/quote]

Seconded.Hated it for years until my brother explained it properly to me.And not that long for the Ashes!! And a little bit more optimistic,sort of! Shame Sky has got it,but thank God it is still on BBC radio.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]No more Pink Un notice board for me.[/quote]I think traditionally it''s referred to as a "message" board, a notice board is something quite different. Not that I want to be pedantic (OK then, I do).And cricket and football are both excellent sports.

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

Seconded.Hated it for years until my brother explained it properly to me.And not that long for the Ashes!! And a little bit more optimistic,sort of! Shame Sky has got it,but thank God it is still on BBC radio.

[/quote]

like the ashes but thats about it because cricket is shit

[/quote]

Cricket is, at best, a borderline sport. It''s not REALLY a sport, is ít? One measure I use to asertain how good a sport is, is to estimate the amount of redundant time to competition time there is in anyone game/match. now, football has probably about 10% redundant time, cricket must be about 90% and as for golf!!!

Get your arses down to Snetterton, they have some great racing all through the summer right up until the end of October.[;)]

Crickets a great Summer sport.  I''ve got tickets for the world Twenty Twenty and can''t wait.

While it will never replace football the fact that you can watch a match while getting completely pissed in full view of the action is great.  No better way to spend a hot summers day!

not a fan of cricket myself but the world would be crap if we all shared the same passions wouldn''t it? I intend to take a welcome break away from football.........I''ve had a gutfull of it this year.............