Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Peter Thorne

Should we buy Peter Thorne back from Bradford, before everyone ridicules this as a daft and pointless thread there are some reasons why, firstly he has done well everywhere he''s been (apart from City) therefore maybe he would want to come and have another go at a lower level- he would probably jump at the chance to prove people were wrong to say he was useless. After he''s left City he''s scored a lot of goals at Bradford (albeit one division below).

He was unlucky with injuries at City and maybe owed another chance.........................discuss. 

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

Should we buy Peter Thorne back from Bradford, before everyone ridicules this as a daft and pointless thread there are some reasons why, firstly he has done well everywhere he''s been (apart from City) therefore maybe he would want to come and have another go at a lower level- he would probably jump at the chance to prove people were wrong to say he was useless. After he''s left City he''s scored a lot of goals at Bradford (albeit one division below).

He was unlucky with injuries at City and maybe owed another chance.........................discuss. 

[/quote]

That would be much worse than bringing Cureton back cause at least Cureton did show some potential for us in his 1st spell!

We''ve been there done that and got the T shirt as regards to Peter Thorne and it didn''t work so why go back to him now especially since hes now firmly in the veteran stage now and is certainly not a Dion Dublin in terms of being able to cover for flagging fitness with pure quality!

I''ve spoke to Cardiff fans who absolutely worship Peter Thorne but he didn''t work for us and its too late now!

[/quote]

He was probably Worthy''s most unlucky signing. We saw glimpses of what he could do but he ws forever injured. One game under Grant, against Hull I think, he combined really well with Hucks and I thought maybe there was something to come after all. But he was just never fit. He was apparently a good guy to have around the dressing room too.

But Norfolk, you know what they say, never go back!

Would never have him back in a million years.  Looked rubbish even when he was fit to play.

[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha......you''re joking right?! Right?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

He was probably Worthy''s most unlucky signing. We saw glimpses of what he could do but he ws forever injured. One game under Grant, against Hull I think, he combined really well with Hucks and I thought maybe there was something to come after all. But he was just never fit. He was apparently a good guy to have around the dressing room too.

[/quote]

Worthy''s most unluckiest signing!!!!!   Please Nutty has the sun got to your head? How about the unlucky Matthew Louis Jean(or was it John?) I think you need to change  unluckiest to most injury prone. 

8/10 for your attempt to turn this into a Worthy thread.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worthy''s most unluckiest signing!!!!!   Please Nutty has the sun got to your head? How about the unlucky Matthew Louis Jean(or was it John?) I think you need to change  unluckiest to most injury prone. 

[/quote]

There''s a queue for Worthy''s most injury prone, Thorne''s in it with MLJ and Emblen. Worthy consistently managed to bring quality into the club despite the restraints he worked under. He was unlucky with Thorne. But that doesn''t sit well with your "unlucky protesting past"[:O]

Now Tilly my friend, further down the board there''s another thread far more "Worthy" of your attention[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s a queue for Worthy''s most injury prone, Thorne''s in it with MLJ and Emblen. Worthy consistently managed to bring quality into the club despite the restraints he worked under. He was unlucky with Thorne. But that doesn''t sit well with your "unlucky protesting past"[:O]

Now Tilly my friend, further down the board there''s another thread far more "Worthy" of your attention[;)]

[/quote]

Yes so i have seen Nutty and i have answered it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Consistently managed to bring quality into the club despite the restraints he worked under ?????????????????????????????

That man had more money to play around with under his reign as manager than anyone else and don''t try and tell me otherwise.

The last share issue and parachute payments just for starters.Granted he used the share issue to buy Huckerby but please surely your claim is made firmly with tongue in cheek?

Unlucky protesting past........................You sound like a fence sitting ,happy clapper Delia lover Oh sorry i forgot you are !

Didn''t Thorne accuse us of wasting two years of his career?

Yes Tilly, I believe he did consistently manage to bring quality into the club despite the restraints he worked under. That''s why we ended up with Dion Dublin when he wasn''t given the funds to buy anyone else. And while you were a singing Delia and Peter Grants praises I was pointing this out. So people in glass houses shouldn''t really be throwing fences about. The only thing I have ever sat on the fence over is "Cullumgate". Are you on the fence over that or would you like to share what you know that I don''t[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes Tilly, I believe he did consistently manage to bring quality into the club despite the restraints he worked under. That''s why we ended up with Dion Dublin when he wasn''t given the funds to buy anyone else. And while you were a singing Delia and Peter Grants praises I was pointing this out. So people in glass houses shouldn''t really be throwing fences about. The only thing I have ever sat on the fence over is "Cullumgate". Are you on the fence over that or would you like to share what you know that I don''t[:^)]

[/quote]

I do not know anything about "Cullumgate" that you do not know and i take your remark to be a liitle dig at the SCG.I suggest you look at the SCG minutes on the Club website and my views are recorded for you to read.

Interested to see that i am perceived as a Delia fan by you.

O.K. i got it wrong with Grant but of all the last three managers he ticked the most boxes.

By the way have you read the other thread you were anxious for me to respond to?

[quote user="crafty canary"]And I suppose Gerry Howshall was a Lol Morgan super signing? Ye Gods, even the battered trout isn''t that stupid. Is she?  [/quote]

Was a good player Crafty. But again injury prone. Signed with money raised by the supporters club before Tilly''s independent one. He played in a very good WBA team with a certain Kenny Foggo before we signed him.

Were we just "unlucky" with him or did we sign a crock?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I do not know anything about "Cullumgate" that you do not know and i take your remark to be a liitle dig at the SCG.I suggest you look at the SCG minutes on the Club website and my views are recorded for you to read.

O.K. i got it wrong with Grant but of all the last three managers he ticked the most boxes.

By the way have you read the other thread you were anxious for me to respond to?

[/quote]

I see you as a Norwich fan just like me Tilly. But I''m happy to play wherever posters want to play. You have no more reason to call me a fence sitting deliarite than I have you. I make my points and am prepared to debate them. I have seen nothing since Worthy was sacked to suggest we are better off.

I believe that you got it wrong about Worthy. We all got it wrong about Grant to a degree.

I will look at the other thread after I''ve had this shepherds pie that has appeared in front of me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see you as a Norwich fan just like me Tilly. But I''m happy to play wherever posters want to play. You have no more reason to call me a fence sitting deliarite than I have you. I make my points and am prepared to debate them. I have seen nothing since Worthy was sacked to suggest we are better off.

I believe that you got it wrong about Worthy. We all got it wrong about Grant to a degree.

I will look at the other thread after I''ve had this shepherds pie that has appeared in front of me.

[/quote]

Looks like the fairy that visits my house also visits you but have you got a magic box you put your dirty shirts in and 24 hours later they turn up in your wardrobe washed,ironed and on hangers?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][

Thorne''s in it with MLJ and Emblen.

[/quote]HooooozeRather have Chris Brown back than Thorne

To be fair Peter Thorne scored a lot of goals before joining Norwich and has been banging plenty in since leaving , Chris Brown also seemed to have an upturn in form after leaving City , whereas Jamie Cureton had his best season ever then came back to Norwich and has been crap ever since.  Maybe just maybe playing for the rubbish that has been Norwich City for the last few seasons is bad for your career .

[quote user="Grif"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha......you''re joking right?! Right?

[/quote]

100% serious, in light of what we have had up front last season Killen Koroma etc would you rather have someone with Thornes record or onproven loan rubbish. Norwich is about the only blip in his career I''m sure he''d want to rectify that if he came back.

At League 1 level Thorne would probably score a lot of goals.