Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

This is what Gunn should have said.

" I do feel the club needs a bigger name i took over in a difficult situation, i was asked to keep the club up and i achieved that .I could have been selfish and stayed on but i felt it was best for the club for me to step down" Well said Ricky Sbragia , if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]" I do feel the club needs a bigger name i took over in a difficult situation, i was asked to keep the club up and i achieved that .I could have been selfish and stayed on but i felt it was best for the club for me to step down"
Well said Ricky Sbragia , if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]" I do feel the club needs a bigger name i took over in a difficult situation, i was asked to keep the club up and i achieved that .I could have been selfish and stayed on but i felt it was best for the club for me to step down"
[/quote]

Here is one for you.  Mr Roeder (Tuesday night of this week): "I kept them up once and I think I would have done a second time but they decided otherwise."

Discuss.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]" I do feel the club needs a bigger name i took over in a difficult situation, i was asked to keep the club up and i achieved that .I could have been selfish and stayed on but i felt it was best for the club for me to step down" Well said Ricky Sbragia , if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.[/quote]

Here is one for you.  Mr Roeder (Tuesday night of this week): "I kept them up once and I think I would have done a second time but they decided otherwise."

Discuss.

[/quote] Yes i believe he would .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.[/quote]If only you weren''t such a prat......................

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.[/quote]If only you weren''t such a prat......................[/quote] Or you such a cunt ................

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]" I do feel the club needs a bigger name i took over in a difficult situation, i was asked to keep the club up and i achieved that .I could have been selfish and stayed on but i felt it was best for the club for me to step down" Well said Ricky Sbragia , if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.[/quote]

Discuss.

[/quote]I think he would have to be honest. All he needed in January was a striker to replace Lita and I think he would have been able to find one. Instead Gunn got the job and immediately went about upsetting the whole squad by releasing Lupoli, Bell and Omosuzi.The football played under Roeder was by and large superior to the crap Gunn had us playing by the end. Kick and rush crap that ultimately relegated us. At least Roeder believed in playing the game in the right way i.e. trying to pass the ball. I don''t know Gunns football philosophy but as a goalkeeper I would say its pretty limited.

"My time at Norwich City has been bittersweet, I''ve experienced the highs and lows of management, and loved a lot of it. However, I failed to keep this club in the Championship and I think I am out of my depth, thanks for the oppurtunity, it is time for someone else to have a go"

[quote user="Lupo Loop"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Discuss.

[/quote]I think he would have to be honest. All he needed in January was a striker to replace Lita and I think he would have been able to find one. Instead Gunn got the job and immediately went about upsetting the whole squad by releasing Lupoli, Bell and Omosuzi.The football played under Roeder was by and large superior to the crap Gunn had us playing by the end. Kick and rush crap that ultimately relegated us. At least Roeder believed in playing the game in the right way i.e. trying to pass the ball. I don''t know Gunns football philosophy but as a goalkeeper I would say its pretty limited.

[/quote]Hang on a minute - Lupoli, Bell and Omosuzi weren''t getting in the starting lineup when Roeder was here - how did getting shot of them disrupt the team.As for the standard of football under Roeder - it was abysmal. Gunn''s was no better, but your post it delusion in its purest form

[/quote]

Discuss.

[/quote]

I said at the time that we would go down after getting rid of Roeder and that the last chance of survival lay with him as manager, I seem to remember that I was almost a lone voice on a huge thread about this at the time. Unlike some on this board I take no pleasure in being proved right but the truth is that Roeder had us at least trying to play good football and had a good eye for a player.  It was a shame that the board lacked the bootle to stick with him and it''s a shame that he lacked the tact with the suporters that he should have had - although faced with the stupidity of a small but vocal minority at this club I have some sympathy with him!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.[/quote]
If only you weren''t such a prat......................
[/quote]

you to!

[/quote]

Discuss.

[/quote]

Roeder may well have been able to keep us up a second time but boy would he have let us know about it! Athough his football philosophy was proved to be seriously flawed his demise was far more to do with his attitude to football''s paying public which, for what it''s worth, I believe was as direct result of his disgusting treatment by West Ham supporters.

[/quote]

Discuss.

[/quote]Unfortunately he put us in that precarious position the second time the first time somebody else did it. Perhaps not so easy to clean up your own mess.

[quote user="Beds Canary"][quote user="Lupo Loop"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Discuss.

[/quote]Hang on a minute - Lupoli, Bell and Omosuzi weren''t getting in the starting lineup when Roeder was here - how did getting shot of them disrupt the team.As for the standard of football under Roeder - it was abysmal. Gunn''s was no better, but your post it delusion in its purest form[/quote]Bell played 19 games and was better than any crap Gunn could bring in (Carney).Omosuzi played 21 games and was better than Otsemobor and Leijer.As for the football played I''d agree that both were of a poor standard but Roeder had us playing better stuff than Gunn.

[quote]" I do feel the club needs a bigger name i took over in a difficult situation, i was asked to keep the club up and i achieved that .I could have been selfish and stayed on but i felt it was best for the club for me to step down" Well said Ricky Sbragia , if only Mr Gunn wasnt so selfish.[/quote]With rumours of Ellis Short injecting £200 million into Sunderland, he jumped before he was pushed. Even if the investment rumours aren''t true, managing a Premiership club is an attractive prospect and the club still has some saleable assets in Kenwye Jones, Keiron Richardson, Anton Ferdinand etc.Conversely, we''re a poor League One side facing a mammoth rebuilding task, with most of our current players looking for work elsewhere. I''d be surprised if many managers wanted the job.

I think we''d have been religated under Roeder too, Aidy Bothroyd was the way to go.

We would have stayed up if Roeder was allowed to complete the season. It was a sad day when we got rid of him as it was them we put the last nail in the coffin of relagation.

I did not like the man but he would have kept us up. We need to let a manager have a couple of seasons and not let a cuople of hundred extremist fans hound out every manger.

Gunn has been appointed... GET OVER IT!!! This has really... REALLY been done to death on here! You can''t change what has happened, Roeder can say what he likes now... We all know he was dire. Our team had barely any signed players! Crazy! I totally mean this, I would rather go down to league 1, sort out the house and get back in to the Championship with our own players THAN have stayed up using a team full of Roeders loanees...

[quote user="Beds Canary"]

As for the standard of football under Roeder - it was abysmal. [/quote]I only saw Scum home, Watford and Reading away.....but I was well impressed

For me he''d drained the players of any sort of spirit, Wes Hoolahan being the prime example. He looked a different player under Gunn whilst Roeder dumped him on the bench every other game and we never saw even a glimpse of the wes that tore us apart for Blackpool.

Gunn whatever his flaws might be allowed Wes to play with the freedom that type of player needs.

I firmly beleive that the final nail in our coffin this season was the injury to Hoolahan for the last 5 games, he had the spark and invention that may well have saved us.

[quote user="Beds Canary"][quote user="Lupo Loop"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Discuss.

[/quote]Hang on a minute - Lupoli, Bell and Omosuzi weren''t getting in the starting lineup when Roeder was here - how did getting shot of them disrupt the team.As for the standard of football under Roeder - it was abysmal. Gunn''s was no better, but your post it delusion in its purest form[/quote]Spot on Beds Canary. Have no idea what games Lupo Loop watched but we

were going nowhere but down under Roeder. It wasn''t perfect but Barnsley at home, QPR away, Cardiff at

home, Wolves away - all were light years better than Roeder''s rule. Bell was a key and talented player - holds more assists than anyone else despite playing so little (under Roeder especially) - but he was nursing an injury and I think Gunn needed to sell in order to bring in new players. (People moaned about Bell for lack of effort but IMO he was far more effective than Croft). Apart from Killen - and perhaps Carney - Gunn brought in some very good players, not least Shackell, McDonald and Lee.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Gunn has been appointed... GET OVER IT!!! This has really... REALLY been done to death on here! You can''t change what has happened, Roeder can say what he likes now... We all know he was dire. Our team had barely any signed players! Crazy! I totally mean this, I would rather go down to league 1, sort out the house and get back in to the Championship with our own players THAN have stayed up using a team full of Roeders loanees... [/quote] People can demonstrate their disapproval of Gunn as manager just the same as they did Worthy ,Grant and Roeder you dont just have to sit back and accept every crap deceision Smith makes .As for rebuilding and getting back to the Championship with our own players , dont expect anything like that to happen untill Smith is gone and Gunn replaced with somebody who knows what they are doing. At a rough guess i would say we will be in league one for the best part of 10 years.

I have a lot of respect for Ricky Sbragia after stepping down. Even after keeping Sunderland up. I was thinking exactly the same thing, that I wish Gunn had done the same and taken a back seat. He didn''t even manage to keep us up and still stayed on.

[quote user="Boot"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Discuss.

[/quote]

I said at the time that we would go down after getting rid of Roeder and that the last chance of survival lay with him as manager, I seem to remember that I was almost a lone voice on a huge thread about this at the time. Unlike some on this board I take no pleasure in being proved right but the truth is that Roeder had us at least trying to play good football and had a good eye for a player.  It was a shame that the board lacked the bootle to stick with him and it''s a shame that he lacked the tact with the suporters that he should have had - although faced with the stupidity of a small but vocal minority at this club I have some sympathy with him!

[/quote]With all due respect you''ve only been proved half right - Gunn didn''t keep us up, but we''ll never know if Roeder would have done. Personally I think things would only have got worse if he''d stayed but we''ll never know.

I said on the day he was sacked we''d be relegated. THE decision by the board that relegated NCFC this year. Yes, Roeder lacked tact, its true, and maybe as brought up earlier in this thread it was something to do with his prior treatment by the fans. He shouldnt have brought that attitude to this club - fair enough. But he is a football manager. Gunn isn''t and is unlikely to ever be one.

The opposite side of the coin is this quote from Gareth Southgate...

"I have to accept there will be a large percentage of fans that

would want a change of manager and this is a tough time for this

football club but I am determined to see this fight through," he

stated.

"As far as I''m concerned, you don''t walk away in difficult times."

So who''s right, Southgate or Sbragia? Something tells me the same people would have been complaining either way and that Gunn would instead now be getting abuse for lacking bottle.........

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The opposite side of the coin is this quote from Gareth Southgate...

"I have to accept there will be a large percentage of fans that

would want a change of manager and this is a tough time for this

football club but I am determined to see this fight through," he

stated.

"As far as I''m concerned, you don''t walk away in difficult times."

So who''s right, Southgate or Sbragia? Something tells me the same people would have been complaining either way and that Gunn would instead now be getting abuse for lacking bottle.........[/quote]I don''t think anyone would abuse Gunn for lacking bottle if he stepped down. Despite how bad things turned out for Peter Grant, he got a lot of kudos for admitting he was out of his depth and stepping down.