Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Greeno Alert ! ! !

Extract from Daily Mirror report on Panathingumy V Arsenal  by  Martin Lipton:-

"...Lehmann must fear that his Arsenal days are numbered, with Wenger already looking hard and long at Norwich keeper Robert Green....."

Goes some way to endorsing the common belief of this forum !  

I sat in the pub after football training last night and saw both of Lehman''s cock ups.  I turned to a couple of my mates and said Greeno will be playing for them soon.  One is an Arsenal fan and nodded his agreement with a wry smile.  The other is a Spurs fan and just said Robinson is better

I hope it doesn''t happen, but fear it will 

Must admit my heart sank a bit when i saw Lehmanns mistakes on tv. The first thing you think as a Norwich fan is it could be sooner rather than later that Greeno goes.The other thing that worries me is with Greeno spending all this time with the England squad how many of the players will be telling Greeno to go to a higher profile team?

[quote]Must admit my heart sank a bit when i saw Lehmanns mistakes on tv. The first thing you think as a Norwich fan is it could be sooner rather than later that Greeno goes.The other thing that worries me i...[/quote]

Very good point GC, and there are one or two Arsenal players there to tell him so,aren''t there ? 

hmmmm.........

Yeah I know what you are saying Gloucester Canary but unfortunately that is life and if we want our players to progress to international level then we have to accept that they will also be mixing with the best as well as also hearing from those players how well their clubs are and for Greeno to keep his options open.  To be honest I thought that it was a foregone conclusion that Greeno would either go in Jan or hang around till the end of the season but that he would go either way and for that reason I thought this Greeno talk had ceased on here.  However every week somebody seems to resurect the subject.  Why dont we just wait and see and if he did go then who could blame.  Like all players he wants to win things and compete in Europe he has more chance of that with a bigger club than he ever would here.  

Just had another thought, if Green doesn''t go, for what ever reason, would the other two want to stay ?

I can''t see two international goalies wanting to stay to play reserve footie for the season !

If so we could get £££££££''s towards our new-forward-fund by selling one/both of them?

I know this doesn''t appear to be the likely scenario but it could be a win win situation !

[quote]Just had another thought, if Green doesn''t go, for what ever reason, would the other two want to stay ? I can''t see two international goalies wanting to stay to play reserve footie for the season ! ...[/quote]

Worthy said today that he would consider letting Gallacher join another club on loan - on 24hr recall.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED21%20Oct%202004%2017%3A17%3A58%3A397

“A loan is something we might consider so long as there was a 24 hour recall,” said Worthington, who snapped up Gallacher on a free transfer from Dundee United in June.

“The need to have three keepers is still very much to the forefront of my mind – but providing we could get him back quickly in an emergency it might be beneficial. ”

24 hour recall for when he sells Greeno 

To be honest I''ve kind of accepted that Greeno is going sooner or later.  We can''t really begrudge him either.  He''s an extremely talented player and a club like Arsenal can offer him so much more than us.