Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

big club!!

Shearer seems to have Newcastle playing with as much passion as Gunn did Norwich , when will Boards learn you need a manager to manage a football club not some old player with zero experience .

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Just sums it up, go on tell me 37000 makes you a big club!  why dont boards learn!  passion means nothing, after your relegated!  [/quote]Be interesting to see what kind of attendances Newcastle get in the Football League. Their crowds used to average around sixteen thousand to twenty-five thousand before their Premier League promotion season.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Just sums it up, go on tell me 37000 makes you a big club!  why dont boards learn!  passion means nothing, after your relegated!  [/quote]Be interesting to see what kind of attendances Newcastle get in the Football League. Their crowds used to average around sixteen thousand to twenty-five thousand before their Premier League promotion season.[/quote]to be fair shearer is different to gunn. 1 shearer didnt bring any off them players in. i would have shearer every day of the week compared to gunn!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Shearer seems to have Newcastle playing with as much passion as Gunn did Norwich , when will Boards learn you need a manager to manage a football club not some old player with zero experience .
[/quote]

To be fair though, Shearer only had what was in the squad already when he joined to keep the club up. And as he said tonight in the interview, sometimes workrate, effort and determination aren''t enough. They simply weren''t good enough. So many parallels between Newcastle and us at the moment. Both of us, based on the number of fans we get at home games, are big clubs at our repsective levels. But mammoth mismanagement at board level, resulting in terrible managerial appointments, and subsequently the disasterous recruitment of talentless over the hill passionateless players on huge contracts mean that these errors will haunt both of our clubs for years to come.

And Gunn was in very much a similar position to Shearer. At the end of the transfer window Gunn knew he had to bring players in as what we had wasn''t good enough. But we were so desperate we were reduced to picking up players from the reject bin as they were the only one''s available. It will be how Gunn performs over this summer in recruiting new players (so so important he gets it right) that will in a large part determine whether we''ll have a decent chance of going straight back up.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Shearer seems to have Newcastle playing with as much passion as Gunn did Norwich , when will Boards learn you need a manager to manage a football club not some old player with zero experience .[/quote]

To be fair though, Shearer only had what was in the squad already when he joined to keep the club up. And as he said tonight in the interview, sometimes workrate, effort and determination aren''t enough. They simply weren''t good enough. So many parallels between Newcastle and us at the moment. Both of us, based on the number of fans we get at home games, are big clubs at our repsective levels. But mammoth mismanagement at board level, resulting in terrible managerial appointments, and subsequently the disasterous recruitment of talentless over the hill passionateless players on huge contracts mean that these errors will haunt both of our clubs for years to come.

And Gunn was in very much a similar position to Shearer. At the end of the transfer window Gunn knew he had to bring players in as what we had wasn''t good enough. But we were so desperate we were reduced to picking up players from the reject bin as they were the only one''s available. It will be how Gunn performs over this summer in recruiting new players (so so important he gets it right) that will in a large part determine whether we''ll have a decent chance of going straight back up.

[/quote]Your making excuses for Gunn, the fact is Gunn was chief scout for roeader, so he had a hand in bringing in what we have!

Apparently they have 10 players earning over £50,000 a week and no relegation clauses in contracts. Based on what I have seen of them I wouldn''t give thenm £50k between them.

Big club my ass, when did they win something ?   I think when we won the championship that gives us one more thing than they have won.Sick to death of the hype and bleating over poor old Newcastle,   but they ain''t no different to any other club that gets relegated, the table doesn''t lie. They had far more at their disposal than we did, all those so called star players.   I haven''t done any research or anything but I would say head for area catchment we almost match their crowds.  The only difference was their crap was more expensive than our crap.here''s the best thing I have seen on the whole subject.[img]http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/may2009/7/2/newcastle-fans-image-4-323641229.jpg[/img]