Sign in to follow this  
Kings Canary

Why do we hate wolves?

My mates a WBA fan, who was asking why on Saturday we were chanting ''we hate Wolves & Ipswich'' - and couldn''t understand why we''d single out Wolves. I can''t remember why, but I''m sure you lot can! I did know...Cheers

Fans from a lot of clubs dislike Wolves for their arrogance, the fact that they think they''re too big for the lower divisions and deserve to be in the top-flight by right, they''re a sleeping giant don''t you know...

With Norwich you also have the Bellamy v Muscat incident and the playoffs where Wolves players came out saying they''d win the tie after the first leg.

I''m sure there are other examples.

Three words Muscat, Muscat and Muscat!

When he dished out that foul on Bellers that club tried to vindicate him even though it was obvious to all it was deliberate and malicious.

I think Pete has hit the nail on the head.  Wolves have always been cocky, arragant fans and the Muscat tackle just accentuated the issue.  We hated them before the most evil player in football almost ended Bellers'' career and it just made it us hate them more 

Hate Wolves and Ipswich, we only hate Wolves and Ipswich

I think the fact that our supporters, families, kids and grown ups alike, were repeatedly spat on from the Top tier at Molineux on the night of that Play off semi may have something to do with it.

It seems to go back to a game where Matt Jackson got sent off because their player pretended he''d stamped on him. It wasn''t true, and everyone in green and yellow was so outraged that the fans urged our 10 men to what seemed like a victorious draw that night.

That was the season before the Mustcat - Bellamy incident, and so it has escalated from there... the play-offs, a couple of ex-Ipswich players playing for them. Iwan moving to us... you put the whole lot into a pot and boil it up and it makes a pretty foul smell.

for me it is the their voilent tendencies more than anything else, i have seen people kicked, thumped and threatened with knives, some low lives actually attacked a man with two small kids walking across the road, leaving them stranded and the kids hysterical, i have been threatened myself, a knife at my throat after we won there under M O''Neill - the play off semi was awful, got things thrown on us from the upper tier, spat on, and afterwards, too many fights and aggro to mention

i hope they rot in hell and i hate them more than ipswich to be honest, i am sure they do have some nice fans, but i have never met one

Wow! I didn''t realise they were violent fans, sounds pretty bad. I thought it was just because of Muscat and there assumption that they should be in the top league.I hate ''em but not quite as much as Ipswich.

Yep, Weston Super Mare is full of them. I watched the play-off semi-finals in the pub and the place was packed full of them.  I was the only Norwich fan in there and to be fair, most of them said well done & shook my hand but there were about 10 of them who wanted to do me and my car over.

Living where I do they are the nearest team - so that adds to the spice of local rivalry! that said there are a few nice fans (but most of them are not regulars) but most of them are the biggest bunch of moaners I''ve come across.

Would absolutely endorse the earlier comments re their violence - always been amongst the worst even when I travelled to the Molineux from other parts of the country over the years: the ring road underpass was never a safe place.

Comparing this to the Baggies of whom at least 3 quite unprompted came and congratulated my son and I on the teams performance on saturday as we walked back to our car. Not all the Black Country''s bad - we only hate wolves and Ipswich!!

They are all fat louts who support a team of dirty soon to become fat louts who believe they are better than everyone else and because they''re not try to cheat and maime their way to victory. Glad to see him them struggling at the bottom of the fizzy pop league!

The reason for all the hatred towards Wolves is mainly because of the Muscat/Bellamy thing. I also remember the Matt Jackson incident the season before where he stepped over a Wolves player who fell infront of him. Despite not even touching him in the video replays, the player held his back rolling around on the floor in agony pretending Jacko had stamped on him, and he got sent off. Then there was all the coin throwing and spitting during the second leg of the Play Offs.

When comparing the wolves rivalry to the Ipswich one, if Ipswich weren''t our local rivals we wouldn''t really have anything against them. Wolves have earnt their rivalry. They really are scum.

And anyone who has read Iwan''s book will know what he thinks of them, too!

Living in Lincoln in the mid-eighties, I went to Sincil Bank to watch the "Red Imps" against the not so mighty "Wolves" in a League Division 3 encounter. Lincoln spanked the ''How the mighty had fallen'' Wolves 3-0 I think. Making my way home after the match on the outskirts of the ground, 3 "Gentlemen" with broad black-country accents, approached me and verbally abused me. I was immediately on the offensive, ( calling them a bunch of scoffers, who''s ''past it'' team, weren''t fit to play non-league footy, and that their underachieving squad were in worse shape physically, than the trio of portly pie consuming "illegitimates" that they were!)

WRONG!....for some particular reason, these chaps took considerable offence, to my both visual & verbal description of them and their deteriorating has-been club. These fellah''s weren''t exactly of small stature, and I then realised, that I should have kept my ''fat'' upper & lower mandibles firmly shut! Too late, it was time for damage limitation, and off I sprinted. (I was in my mid-twenties, playing local football twice a week, and a regular half marathon participant)  These ''pavemakers'' gave tepid pursuit. I was laughing with nervous energy and adrenalin, as one by one, these ''chubsters'' gave up the chase, as I increased the distance between them and the threat of my arms being pulled off. It was the first altercation with any opposition fans I had encountered whilst regularly attending  matches there.

So, I suppose the dislike of their fans and club in general, manifested itself from that point. Sad really, as I have a few friends who are Wolves fans, and I suppose youthful exuberance at that time, could have earned me a good kicking. Still, we live and learn, but thats why I dislike Wolves, (coupled with other examples previous posters have mentioned.) You have to agree though, they do think that they are something else, but reality is certainly hitting home, as they are struggling a bit aren''t they...

Having said all the horrible things about Wolves I still think the best banner I have seen was the one at the second leg of the semi-final -

"You''ve let us down again"

-there it was, held aloft by a couple of proud Wolves fans, says it all really doesn''t it - crappy Club, crappy players, crappy fans  

[quote]I love wolves they gifted us edworthy who in my opinion is one of our best players this season[/quote]

rainbow

quit smoking the funny stuff and go up to molineux for a game

if you return alive, you will know what i mean!