Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

World XI

cech    alves         vidic        hangeland       evra          xabi alonso  diarra   diaby  walcott                                         ronaldo                               anelkasubs: van der sar, terry, young, ibrahimovic, torres                        

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

thats current form im guessing??

[/quote]you asked who some of the best players are...these lads have offered a lot and are consistant...whereas. eboue???????

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

thats current form im guessing??

[/quote]

Eboue is on good form?!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]CROFT WAS IN THE RESERVE TEAM....JUST[/quote]Stupid boy! How can you have a world eleven without THE DOC! [:@]

Missing in action?

cech

alves         vidic        hangeland       evra

xabi alonso  diarra   diaby 
walcott                                         ronaldo       

anelka

subs: van der sar, terry, young, ibrahimovic, torres

Please justify Hangeland, Diarra and Diaby in a World XI! They wouldn''t even make a Premiership XI!

What makes you think that Messi, Rooney & Gerrard can''t make your bench?

I''m not jumping down your throat I''m just interested in your thoughts. 

Cech

Alves    Ferdinand   Puyol   Evra

Essien

Gerrard           Fabregas

Kaka                                    Messi

Ronaldo

van der sar 

alves      ferdinand      vidic      cole

messi        xavi      ronaldo

gerrard

torres         villa

GK Casillas

LB Evra

CB  Rio Ferdinand

CB Vidic

RB Dani Alves

DM Xavi

LM Messi

RM  Cristiano Ronaldo

AM Steven Gerrard

SS Arshavin

CF Fernando Torres

Wayne Rooney Just misses out so he''s on the bench along with

Van Der Sar

Iniesta

Puyol

Scholes

Giggs

David Villa

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]

Missing in action?

cech    alves         vidic        hangeland       evra          xabi alonso  diarra   diaby  walcott                                         ronaldo                               anelkasubs: van der sar, terry, young, ibrahimovic, torres

Please justify Hangeland, Diarra and Diaby in a World XI! They wouldn''t even make a Premiership XI!

What makes you think that Messi, Rooney & Gerrard can''t make your bench?

I''m not jumping down your throat I''m just interested in your thoughts. 

[/quote]i was thinking about a particular style of play and also how well the team would work together, thats why some flare players didnt make it.For example, 2 wide boys are flare players whilst diarra and diaby are real anchors that break the game up (seeing diarra at real, he is superb) and alonso often sets the attacking play up. i chose anelka for his movement off the ball as well as his physicality and skill. at the back, hangeland gets a nod for me as he is a steady player who hasnt got the plaudits he deserves and is improving constantly, im surprised that the big 4 arent in for him yet. He is sublime in the air whilst strong in the tackle, the same as vidic really.full backs are pretty self explanitory.on the bench terry is a super CB but not my faveourite in mould. Rooney would be in my team but he isnt a striker in my book and the way ive always liked football seen from a wing approach would mean he is pushing out an anchor or a winger, both of whome deserve their place in my book. gerrard again is worthy but not for the style i was assuming to play. the 2 strikers just have great records.

-----------------Rudd--------------------Murty--Doherty--Stefanovic--Drury----Smith---Clingan--Spillane---Hoolahan-----------Lee----McDonald-----------That would be the best team in the world

----------------  Cech  -------------------------  Terry ---- Vidic -----------                                              -- Lahm ----------------------   Evra ----------------  Gerrard   -------------- Messi  -----------------  Kaka  ---------------  Ronaldo -------------------   ----------------    Torres  -------------Subs - Iker Casillas, Frank Ribery, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rio Ferdinand, Carles Puyol. (I''m goin'' by the Premiership rules here... )

.... It may sound harsh, but any ''World XI'' that doesn''t have Ronaldo, Messi, and Kaka must lose all credibilty.

Missing in action?

i was thinking about a particular style of play and also how well the team would work together, thats why some flare players didnt make it.
For example, 2 wide boys are flare players whilst diarra and diaby are real anchors that break the game up (seeing diarra at real, he is superb) and alonso often sets the attacking play up. i chose anelka for his movement off the ball as well as his physicality and skill.
at the back, hangeland gets a nod for me as he is a steady player who hasnt got the plaudits he deserves and is improving constantly, im surprised that the big 4 arent in for him yet. He is sublime in the air whilst strong in the tackle, the same as vidic really.
full backs are pretty self explanitory.
on the bench terry is a super CB but not my faveourite in mould. Rooney would be in my team but he isnt a striker in my book and the way ive always liked football seen from a wing approach would mean he is pushing out an anchor or a winger, both of whome deserve their place in my book. gerrard again is worthy but not for the style i was assuming to play. the 2 strikers just have great records.

Thanks, that makes more sense to me now. Very interesting views.

Casillas

Puyol Terry Chivu

Alves Evra

Alonso

Fabregas Xavi

Messi

Drogba

Subs: Chec, Doc :P (i don''t like any other decent CB), A.Cole, Essien, Iniesta, Torres, Villa

Surprising how many Spanish players/ players who play in Spain i have in there (well i don''t suppose it is too much, they are technically the best in the worldsh at the moment)

Fair enough MIA.My approach is generally for the most capable

and talented bunch in the world as the best 11 players, rather than the

best 11 that would presumably function most efficiently and effectively

together.If i''m going by those standards, this would probably be my team of 11 :--------------------- Cech ------------------------------- Ferdinand --- Vidic ----------------- Lahm ---------------------------- Evra ---------------- Essien ---------------------------------------------------- Xavi -------------------------- Lampard ------------- Ribery ----- Ronaldo ----------------------------------------------------------- Drogba ---------------

Diaby, Walcott, Eboue, Lloris is this some kind of joke ?????????????????

Casillas

Ramos      Ferdinand      Vidic      Evra

Gerrard        Xavi        Fabregas

Ronaldo                                       Messi

Torres                                                                                                      

Bench: Cech, Terry, Iniesta, Essien, Kaka, Villa

That team doesn''t include Ribery, Lampard, Alonso etc so where people get the likes of Diaby from i have no idea.

Casillas

Ramos  Rio   Vidic   Evra

Essien

Gerrard   Fabregas

Ronaldo                            Rooney

Torres

[quote user="John"]----------------  Cech  -------------------------  Terry ---- Vidic -----------                                              -- Lahm ----------------------   Evra ----------------  Gerrard   -------------- Messi  -----------------  Kaka  ---------------  Ronaldo -------------------   ----------------    Torres  -------------Subs - Iker Casillas, Frank Ribery, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rio Ferdinand, Carles Puyol. (I''m goin'' by the Premiership rules here... )

.... It may sound harsh, but any ''World XI'' that doesn''t have Ronaldo, Messi, and Kaka must lose all credibilty.[/quote]To be fair a world 11 that only had 10 players is hardly the most credible thing I''ve ever seen.