Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Delia Will Sell

According to the fellow charged with finding money for the club, he was given instructions to find investment rather than a buyer for her shares, so I''m not convinced that she''s looking for someone to sell to. [*-)] As she has stated before, simply changing the majority shareholder will do very little if said buyer isn''t interested in putting any money into the club, so perhaps she has the right idea in making sure that those with an interest have the future of the club at heart, however my gripe is with her ability to spend whatever money comes in wisely. [:|]

afraid i can not find a link, but she has said in the EDP many times, she will sell if the right person comes in!!

so why keep moaning at delia?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

afraid i can not find a link, but she has said in the EDP many times, she will sell if the right person comes in!!

[/quote]

Because she''s a control freak? Delia Smith on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross

[/quote]

God how naive are you?  Who is the right person?  Maybe there will never be a right person in Delia''s eyes.

[/quote]Take a look at the league table. Even if she is currently looking for investment, that doesn''t alter the fact the decisions made by her and her fellow directors have landed the club in a precarious position towards the bottom of the table. I think that is more than enough to justify supporters being rather arsed off with her.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Take a look at the league table. Even if she is currently looking for investment, that doesn''t alter the fact the decisions made by her and her fellow directors have landed the club in a precarious position towards the bottom of the table. I think that is more than enough to justify supporters being rather arsed off with her.
[/quote]

Totally agree [Y]

As far as who the ''right person'' is, it doesn''t take a die-hard City supporter to know that she''s hinting at someone who cares more about the club than the money they put into it. Thus, whoever the right person is, they need to demonstrate that they''re in it for Norwich City, not just for the fun of owning a football club. Personally I think this is quite an admirable sentiment, particularly at a time when faceless billionaires are buying up clubs without supporters knowing their true intentions. I think we need not look any further than our blue clad cousins to the south for evidence of that. However, as admirable as it may be to only entrust the future of this club to someone with only City''s interests at heart, it''s definititely not the quickest route to finding investment. After all, billionaire yellow bloods are probably few and far between, and if investment is needed as soon as possible it''s probably quicker to flog the club to a Marcus Evans or a Carson Yeung. Still, is the increased chance of success enough to ensure the safety of the club for years to come? Not if the buyer wants out. I believe this is the very thing Delia is concerned about when it comes to possible investors: They have to be 100% committed to the Norwich cause, and not just in it for the ride. [Y]

[/quote]

The woman couldn''t spell TRUTH if she tried![:|]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]As far as who the ''right person'' is, it doesn''t take a die-hard City supporter to know that she''s hinting at someone who cares more about the club than the money they put into it. Thus, whoever the right person is, they need to demonstrate that they''re in it for Norwich City, not just for the fun of owning a football club. Personally I think this is quite an admirable sentiment, particularly at a time when faceless billionaires are buying up clubs without supporters knowing their true intentions. I think we need not look any further than our blue clad cousins to the south for evidence of that. However, as admirable as it may be to only entrust the future of this club to someone with only City''s interests at heart, it''s definititely not the quickest route to finding investment. After all, billionaire yellow bloods are probably few and far between, and if investment is needed as soon as possible it''s probably quicker to flog the club to a Marcus Evans or a Carson Yeung. Still, is the increased chance of success enough to ensure the safety of the club for years to come? Not if the buyer wants out. I believe this is the very thing Delia is concerned about when it comes to possible investors: They have to be 100% committed to the Norwich cause, and not just in it for the ride. [Y]
[/quote]

I don''t give a t*ss if someone wants to buy us with a long term view to making some money out of it because that is how the world works and means there is an incentive for them to want to see us do well. The only way they will make any money out of NCFC is to get us to the premier and if that happens every one is a winner! That is also why we will not find a buyer who meets all of the "criteria" our currrent owners appear to have. They are ruling out vast numbers of potential investors if that is their stance.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]As far as who the ''right person'' is, it doesn''t take a die-hard City supporter to know that she''s hinting at someone who cares more about the club than the money they put into it. Thus, whoever the right person is, they need to demonstrate that they''re in it for Norwich City, not just for the fun of owning a football club. Personally I think this is quite an admirable sentiment, particularly at a time when faceless billionaires are buying up clubs without supporters knowing their true intentions. I think we need not look any further than our blue clad cousins to the south for evidence of that. However, as admirable as it may be to only entrust the future of this club to someone with only City''s interests at heart, it''s definititely not the quickest route to finding investment. After all, billionaire yellow bloods are probably few and far between, and if investment is needed as soon as possible it''s probably quicker to flog the club to a Marcus Evans or a Carson Yeung. Still, is the increased chance of success enough to ensure the safety of the club for years to come? Not if the buyer wants out. I believe this is the very thing Delia is concerned about when it comes to possible investors: They have to be 100% committed to the Norwich cause, and not just in it for the ride. [Y][/quote]

I don''t give a t*ss if someone wants to buy us with a long term view to making some money out of it because that is how the world works and means there is an incentive for them to want to see us do well. The only way they will make any money out of NCFC is to get us to the premier and if that happens every one is a winner! That is also why we will not find a buyer who meets all of the "criteria" our currrent owners appear to have. They are ruling out vast numbers of potential investors if that is their stance.

[/quote]I think one needs to consider why they''re ruling out a vast number of potential buyers. Could it be that Delia simply wishes the club to be in the hands of someone with as much love for it as her? If that''s the case then I''m not sure that''s such a bad thing. As I said before, this isn''t going to attract investment very quickly, and perhaps a more liberal criteria is required if her primary concern is about the finances. However, is it fair to assume that finances are her primary worry as far as the future of the club is concerned? I''m not convinced it is. [*-)]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]As far as who the ''right person'' is, it doesn''t take a die-hard City supporter to know that she''s hinting at someone who cares more about the club than the money they put into it. Thus, whoever the right person is, they need to demonstrate that they''re in it for Norwich City, not just for the fun of owning a football club. Personally I think this is quite an admirable sentiment, particularly at a time when faceless billionaires are buying up clubs without supporters knowing their true intentions. I think we need not look any further than our blue clad cousins to the south for evidence of that. However, as admirable as it may be to only entrust the future of this club to someone with only City''s interests at heart, it''s definititely not the quickest route to finding investment. After all, billionaire yellow bloods are probably few and far between, and if investment is needed as soon as possible it''s probably quicker to flog the club to a Marcus Evans or a Carson Yeung. Still, is the increased chance of success enough to ensure the safety of the club for years to come? Not if the buyer wants out. I believe this is the very thing Delia is concerned about when it comes to possible investors: They have to be 100% committed to the Norwich cause, and not just in it for the ride. [Y]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry to disagree, but whilst Premiership football sounds lovely, it is not the only way to make money from a football club.

Robert Chase is believed to have made a lot of money by selling our best players, spending it on infrastructure improvements, and having one of his firms doing some of the works on the ground or maintenence.

Other clubs have fell victim to buyers that the wish to sell the ground for property development. Others simply pay themselves large dividends irrespective of financial performance.

Its a little niave to believe that capitalism in its truist form is good for this football club, the way forward in my opinion is to regain the trust of the fans and supporters and making the club a true community hub again in my opinion.

its another excuse , she does not want to sell .

if shes that desperate to get out she would have by now .

i think we are stuck with the dragon to be honest .

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think one needs to consider why they''re ruling out a vast number of potential buyers. Could it be that Delia simply wishes the club to be in the hands of someone with as much love for it as her? If that''s the case then I''m not sure that''s such a bad thing. As I said before, this isn''t going to attract investment very quickly, and perhaps a more liberal criteria is required if her primary concern is about the finances. However, is it fair to assume that finances are her primary worry as far as the future of the club is concerned? I''m not convinced it is. [*-)]
[/quote]

It is a bad thing because it is preventing us from being taken over!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think one needs to consider why they''re ruling out a vast number of potential buyers. Could it be that Delia simply wishes the club to be in the hands of someone with as much love for it as her? If that''s the case then I''m not sure that''s such a bad thing. As I said before, this isn''t going to attract investment very quickly, and perhaps a more liberal criteria is required if her primary concern is about the finances. However, is it fair to assume that finances are her primary worry as far as the future of the club is concerned? I''m not convinced it is. [*-)]
[/quote]

If that is what love does for you then I say that we are all far better off living without it.

[quote user="John Morlar"]If Delia and Michael never sell, one thing is for certain is that they will pass on. Have they ever given any indication as to what happens then?[/quote]

The way things are going I suspect that there will be one all mighty party in Norwich... [<:o)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="John Morlar"]If Delia and Michael never sell, one thing is for certain is that they will pass on. Have they ever given any indication as to what happens then?[/quote]

The way things are going I suspect that there will be one all mighty party in Norwich... [<:o)]

[/quote]Good God. How low can you sink?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]As far as who the ''right person'' is, it doesn''t take a die-hard City supporter to know that she''s hinting at someone who cares more about the club than the money they put into it. Thus, whoever the right person is, they need to demonstrate that they''re in it for Norwich City, not just for the fun of owning a football club. Personally I think this is quite an admirable sentiment, particularly at a time when faceless billionaires are buying up clubs without supporters knowing their true intentions. I think we need not look any further than our blue clad cousins to the south for evidence of that. However, as admirable as it may be to only entrust the future of this club to someone with only City''s interests at heart, it''s definititely not the quickest route to finding investment. After all, billionaire yellow bloods are probably few and far between, and if investment is needed as soon as possible it''s probably quicker to flog the club to a Marcus Evans or a Carson Yeung. Still, is the increased chance of success enough to ensure the safety of the club for years to come? Not if the buyer wants out. I believe this is the very thing Delia is concerned about when it comes to possible investors: They have to be 100% committed to the Norwich cause, and not just in it for the ride. [Y][/quote]

[/quote]I think one needs to consider why they''re ruling out a vast number of potential buyers. Could it be that Delia simply wishes the club to be in the hands of someone with as much love for it as her? If that''s the case then I''m not sure that''s such a bad thing. As I said before, this isn''t going to attract investment very quickly, and perhaps a more liberal criteria is required if her primary concern is about the finances. However, is it fair to assume that finances are her primary worry as far as the future of the club is concerned? I''m not convinced it is. [*-)][/quote]Well, I agree with you anyway Flashheart.  One of the things I have thought about the current board is that they are much more scared of financial failure than of footballing failure.  This is not neccesarily a bad thing, but that will be shouted down of course, although it does seem to be taken too far by this lot.  If you see yourself as a guardian of the club, which given the circumstances just before they took over is understandable, then you start off regarding the club going bust as the ultimate failure.  For this reason I don''t see us going into adminsitration, but do see us selling players to avoid it.  This is not "Delia the Saviour", it holds perfectly well given that it was Wattling that saved us, she still arrived very shortly after the foreclosing incident.With this thought process in mind it is easy to see that spilling over to the process of leaving - if you appoint someone who fails in this way, you take some of the blame.  As such the right person for her to sell to will be one that convinces her that they are here for the long haul, rather than in a tilt for the top (league).  It is possible that the right person may have appeared, but taken the wrong approach, flashing offers of up front cash about but with no promise of on going investment.  That they have had their fingers burned with the Turners will just make them more convinced of this view imo

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]I think one needs to consider why they''re ruling out a vast number of potential buyers. Could it be that Delia simply wishes the club to be in the hands of someone with as much love for it as her? If that''s the case then I''m not sure that''s such a bad thing. As I said before, this isn''t going to attract investment very quickly, and perhaps a more liberal criteria is required if her primary concern is about the finances. However, is it fair to assume that finances are her primary worry as far as the future of the club is concerned? I''m not convinced it is. [*-)][/quote]Well, I agree with you anyway Flashheart.  One of the things I have thought about the current board is that they are much more scared of financial failure than of footballing failure.  This is not neccesarily a bad thing, but that will be shouted down of course, although it does seem to be taken too far by this lot.  If you see yourself as a guardian of the club, which given the circumstances just before they took over is understandable, then you start off regarding the club going bust as the ultimate failure.  For this reason I don''t see us going into adminsitration, but do see us selling players to avoid it.  This is not "Delia the Saviour", it holds perfectly well given that it was Wattling that saved us, she still arrived very shortly after the foreclosing incident.With this thought process in mind it is easy to see that spilling over to the process of leaving - if you appoint someone who fails in this way, you take some of the blame.  As such the right person for her to sell to will be one that convinces her that they are here for the long haul, rather than in a tilt for the top (league).  It is possible that the right person may have appeared, but taken the wrong approach, flashing offers of up front cash about but with no promise of on going investment.  That they have had their fingers burned with the Turners will just make them more convinced of this view imo[/quote]I think you''ve supplemented my original point rather well, 7rew. As we''ve explained, if Delia''s overriding concern is the club''s current state, then she would probably not hesistate in flogging her shares to some faceless billionaire who may or may not be that interested in NCFC. She hasn''t however, which leads me to think that whilst financial security is one factor she is concerned with, another more important one might be that the potential investor must, as you say, be in it for the long haul and not just for a bit of fun. After all, simply changing ownership of the club will do very little if the new owner doesn''t have serious plans for Norwich City''s future. I''m probably in the minority but I happen to think this is a rather noble stance to take. Whilst I''m as frustrated as the next fan by the club''s recent decline, I fear it could be much worse under the control of someone who may not have the club''s long-term interests at heart. [Y]