Sign in to follow this  
LQ

A few simple facts about shares

No it''s not TFA, it''s a completely ridiculous question which I answered likewise.I have no interest in taking anything out of this Club - only in contributing because I prefer to be constructive as opposed to destructive.I take it that both the original question and you dragging it up are designed to undermine the views and opinions of someone you happen to disagree with? Discredit away - I''ll take my fill of it because it''s total bollox at the end of the day.Perhaps you could put your mind to something positive every now and again rather than continually slating me and besmirching my character?Then again...

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Ankles50"]

Thing is are any of you actually confident of our current Board with any additional money?? Track record would dictate getting it wrong in off field spend & backing the wrong manager (which they''ve done again) to spend on the field.

Throwing more money at incompetants will not solve the dilema NCFC find themselves in

[/quote]

Good point well made.  However the club is on its knees and help is needed.  After cooling down (a little) post relegation I would wave my rebate, if I got something back in return.  NCFC are not a charity and as I have said earlier I am not paying D2 prices for D3 football. Maybe I should just take the money and go buy a load of stuff in the club shop!  Might be easier!

[/quote]

Or keep the cash until there are changes at Carrow Rd that you are happy with and then spend it on whatever you like, be it at NCFC or elsewhere. The choice is yours!

[quote user="Ankles50"]blahblahblah - you asked what i desired not what i expect.[/quote]Fair doos Ankles - all I will say is that some snowballs melt, others become avalanches.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Credit to you LQ for giving some thought but I am with Ankles50 as are all my Bury Yella mates.

If I had a million quid that i wanted to put into my beloved club it would stay firmly in my wallet until this board had gone.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]BUT will the money get spent on the team?[/quote]Apart from taking blankets round in 1957 Tangy, I can remember the old supporters club handing over several sizeable cheques towards buying players in the following years. Can you remember how they went about raising this money?

For any PLC listed on a Stock Exchange, the market demand dictates the price of shares. Why doesn''t that apply to football clubs?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Credit to you LQ for giving some thought but I am with Ankles50 as are all my Bury Yella mates. If I had a million quid that i wanted to put into my beloved club it would stay firmly in my wallet until this board had gone. Who in their right mind would give this lot any more money. I am a shareholder and have small monies invested (!). Sorry but it gets back to the nitty gritty - do they want to sell the club at market value or are they looking for idiots to invest. It''s a no-brainer I''m afraid. My mate Andy Larkin has apparently got into some trouble from the boards Gestapo, so I too will not go into specifics.[/quote]

No-one is suggesting that you use your million Bury [;)]

As it stands £120 will do! And it''s not about giving this lot more money, it''s about giving our team a decent player budget.

[/quote]

They will have a decent player budget, IF they cut the overheads by a couple of million (and they have probably achieved £600k on annualised basis so far last season and that doesn''t  include Doncasters departure)

You have answered your own question there.  NCFC is not listed on the stock exchange, therefore there is no market as such.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]For any PLC listed on a Stock Exchange, the market demand dictates the price of shares. Why doesn''t that apply to football clubs?
[/quote]

It does if the club is floated.  For example Spurs shares are currently valued at about 89p.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]For any PLC listed on a Stock Exchange, the market demand dictates the price of shares. Why doesn''t that apply to football clubs? [/quote]It does. For those football clubs that are listed on a stock market.

[quote user="Ren"]

[quote user="LQ"]With all due respect buying stuff in the Club shop isn''t going to help to the same degree because of the actual cost to the Club of whatever you buy.

We need money to get Norwich City out of this stupid league, that is the basic fact. I think some people may think more about who ''owns'' the Club than the Club itself. Until someone comes in with multi-millions to throw away we''re stuck with what we''ve got but we don''t have to be down and out.

[/quote]

Well I guess we will just have to wait and see what the club come up with when the rebate letters are sent out.  I have a feeling it will be promises to put the money into the transfer kitty and maybe they will match it.  However we have heard promises to invest in the team before, and I doubt its going to wash with me.

[/quote]

Earnshaw and Etuhu come to mind.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="LQ"]Rather than ''recommending'' that they take money out of it you mean?[;)]

[/quote]

But they are not taking money out of the club are they? They are just paying a realistic price for division 3 (old money) football.

[/quote]Surely fans that aspire to championship status don''t mind paying championship prices ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]BUT will the money get spent on the team?[/quote]Apart from taking blankets round in 1957 Tangy, I can remember the old supporters club handing over several sizeable cheques towards buying players in the following years. Can you remember how they went about raising this money?[/quote]

But it depends on the regime that is running the club. In those days they didn''t have a majority shareholder(s) and I think the late Geoffrey Watling R.I.P. would be disappointed to see what has happened to this club. 

Its up to each individual to decide what they do with their money, however I am suggesting that people hold their rebate until they see the changes that they are satisified with before deciding what to do with their money.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="LQ"]No it''s not TFA, it''s a completely ridiculous question which I answered likewise.[/quote]

You are getting touchy! Calm down and relax or have you got something to hide that the public should know about?

[/quote]Ah - Tangy has told you to calm down - I do believe you''ve won the argument !  It was either that or he''ll mention North Korea...

[quote user="Nuff Said"]For any PLC listed on a Stock Exchange, the market demand dictates the price of shares. Why doesn''t that apply to football clubs?
[/quote]

Because NCFC Plc is not quoted on the Stock Exchange.

However there are some quoted  and their price does vary in the market.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

It does if the club is floated.  For example Spurs shares are currently valued at about 89p.

[/quote]

There is a sort of market via Barratt & Cooke but probably on a matched trade basis. To float on the stock exchange is expensive and probably not worth NCFC Plc. spending that sort of money.

[quote user="LQ"]They''re paying me in hopes and dreams CA - although they don''t know that of course!! [A]

To buy them try phoning the Club. They should put a share application form in the post. Fill it in, write your cheque, send it back and hey presto, you get a new piece of art for the lounge wall!

[;)]

[/quote]

I''ve already got 4 shares Lisa, all I want is my rebate back now [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="LQ"]Rather than ''recommending'' that they take money out of it you mean?

[;)]

[/quote]

But they are not taking money out of the club are they? They are just paying a realistic price for division 3 (old money) football.

[/quote]

Surely fans that aspire to championship status don''t mind paying championship prices ?
[/quote]

Yes, when we are in The Championship.

Hi Blah. Ref your question way back on this thread, I am, once again, with Ankles on this, so ''d'' would be my answer.

Pedantic i know but i just can''t see anyway out of this mess until the board has gone.

I''ll tell you a way of getting a sudden uptake on the last 33,000 shares.The Club announces they''ll let a fan on the Board with a few strings attached but ultimately to be eligible to get voted on, you must own a least 12 shares or something.

Delia and Foulger have millions why dont you go badger them to throw money at THEIR club instead of trying to make ordinary people feel guilty for the mess they have made of things .

[quote user="LQ"]I''ll answer what I can - for any more info I suggest you email Neil Donca...oh...hang on...

Anyway, I don''t know why 4 is the minimum purchase. No they can''t give them away - what would be the point? There''s no money in giving them away. The price is the price. If you''re dead set on taking your rebate (and how could you after all my wonderful points???) perhaps look at putting money back like this if you want to and if you can afford to? You can argue till you''re blue in the face (god forbid) about what who paid for what but that doesn''t change things. We''re not talking about someone offering takeover type deals here (in which case the ''price'' of anyones shares is negotiable) we''re talking about small investors (fans) wanting to put funds into their team if they so choose. In return you get to stick your hand up at the AGM and pop a certificate on your wall.

Sorry for trying to come up with something constructive and legal to push this Club forwards. I won''t be whinging and slagging off people who have kept putting money in over the years, I''ll just be looking for constructive ways to bring more in if that''s ok?

[/quote]

Are you on commision from what''s left of the NCFC board at Carra?

So, that for every season-ticket holding fan that you manage to convince that it''s imperative that they waive their rebate......you get a free meal in Delia''s or a party in the ''Top o'' the Terrace?''....(no floodlights though, times is hard).

If you are that passionate, organise a meeting at the club (I''m sure they would allow you to do so and probably for free - as it''s in the board''s best financial interest) and publicise an invite to those supporters that are willing to listen to your proposals and ideas.....You may get enough people to fill the away team bench.

You''re really pulling out all the stops, aren''t you....C''mon, what''s the agenda? Business interest is it?

You''ll be wanting us to show some sympathy to the poor truffle snufflin'' Most Honourable Members of Parliament next....

The board got us into this pile o'' pap...they can dig us out of it....and they can pay for their own bleedin'' shovels....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]I''ll answer what I can - for any more info I suggest you email Neil Donca...oh...hang on...

Anyway, I don''t know why 4 is the minimum purchase. No they can''t give them away - what would be the point? There''s no money in giving them away. The price is the price. If you''re dead set on taking your rebate (and how could you after all my wonderful points???) perhaps look at putting money back like this if you want to and if you can afford to? You can argue till you''re blue in the face (god forbid) about what who paid for what but that doesn''t change things. We''re not talking about someone offering takeover type deals here (in which case the ''price'' of anyones shares is negotiable) we''re talking about small investors (fans) wanting to put funds into their team if they so choose. In return you get to stick your hand up at the AGM and pop a certificate on your wall.

Sorry for trying to come up with something constructive and legal to push this Club forwards. I won''t be whinging and slagging off people who have kept putting money in over the years, I''ll just be looking for constructive ways to bring more in if that''s ok?

[/quote]

Are you on commision from what''s left of the NCFC board at Carra?

So, that for every season-ticket holding fan that you manage to convince that it''s imperative that they waive their rebate......you get a free meal in Delia''s or a party in the ''Top o'' the Terrace?''....(no floodlights though, times is hard).

If you are that passionate, organise a meeting at the club (I''m sure they would allow you to do so and probably for free - as it''s in the board''s best financial interest) and publicise an invite to those supporters that are willing to listen to your proposals and ideas.....You may get enough people to fill the away team bench.

You''re really pulling out all the stops, aren''t you....C''mon, what''s the agenda? Business interest is it?

You''ll be wanting us to show some sympathy to the poor truffle snufflin'' Most Honourable Members of Parliament next....

The board got us into this pile o'' pap...they can dig us out of it....and they can pay for their own bleedin'' shovels....

[/quote]

Hear hear Mello, I can''t believe this, first I''m accused of taking over your spat with Nutty, NOW I agree totally with the above post.

Each to their own but having accused NCISA of "talking" people into asking for their legitimate money back we then get a full frontal attack "to help" our totally inadequate board, Ye gods what is the agenda here?

We all want the best for the club but is that supporting this current board?

[quote user="Tangy"]

[/quote]What about if it meant bringing in a couple of championship standard players ?  Our fans raised 2 million or so in a share issue not so long ago - how do we get back to that ? Do you know what worries me ?  Being stuck in league 1 forever, and having no financial momentum to build a squad that can get us out.  While we have 18k Season Ticket holders, while we have income in transfers from championship standard players, we have the best chance to get out.I agree that it is "their hole".  But what if they can''t dig us out on their own ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Tangy"]

[/quote]

What about if it meant bringing in a couple of championship standard players ?  Our fans raised 2 million or so in a share issue not so long ago - how do we get back to that ?

Do you know what worries me ?  Being stuck in league 1 forever, and having no financial momentum to build a squad that can get us out.  While we have 18k Season Ticket holders, while we have income in transfers from championship standard players, we have the best chance to get out.

I agree that it is "their hole".  But what if they can''t dig us out on their own ?
[/quote]

If they are in the hole then quickly fill it hole in  and Whistle on the ball city as you walk away!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Delia and Foulger have millions why dont you go badger them to throw money at THEIR club instead of trying to make ordinary people feel guilty for the mess they have made of things .
[/quote]

Thats a good point Loan City FC [:)]

Not sure who LQ really is, but is she something to do with the board as she seems to be their PR person or is she something to do with Archant as her blogs and threads get stickied??