Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Time to get behind Gunn?

I was not at all happy at the appointment of Mr Gunn, however I think it would be naive to hope for his removal as manager until the board are gone, and even then I think he will be given time depending on how he has done and the personality of the new board- it wouldn''t look good to sack a club legend if we were top of League One.

So perhaps we should actually back Gunn and co. to see where they take us for the first 8 games at least, as our main problem is not the manager it is the board. Managers can change quickly, but the board have been in place for a decade or so, would it not make us a more attractive proposition if we continued to back the players and management.

Of course this qualifies as supporting my team, which some on this message board believe equates to giving the board my blessing and all of my savings (it does not). I also have to disagree with some of the vitriol slung in the direction of Gunn, he does not deserve the personal abuse that he gets on here, and I fail to see how it is in any way constructive. You might say he took that risk when he became manager, but wouldn''t it say more about us as fans if we could concentrate on his capacity to manage rather than other unimportant personal issues, which do not affect his ability to manage.

I appreciate that he has not inspired confidence with the start to his managerial career, but I don''t think we have seen the best of  him or his team yet. Just to let you know I was very much in favour of going for Jim Gannon as manager, but as I have said I don''t think we have much choice right now.

[quote user="chicken"]Debate already underway here: http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1700216/ShowPost.aspx
[/quote]The OP has been copied from that thread chicken. I don''t get it!

Perhaps a case of one blowing their own trumpet then. Why post your own post from another thread as a new thread otherwise?