Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Which Englishman applied for the job when Worthy left?

English manager, applied for the job after Worthy left, didnt even get a reply until after the appointment of Peter Grant.

As many guesses as you want but only one per post...... first person wins..... err...... kudos.

Mike Newell? I thought of Steve Tilson first, but it can''t be him - because we had an official approach rejected by Southend IIRC?

No to all.

Of course, there were probably hundreds of Englishmen that applied for the job, but this one really shocked me.

I cant be bothered to keep checking this, so it was........................

Roy Hodgson.

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Oh dear!! That has actually shocked me....what a manager he has been last few seasons!![/quote]

What a manager he has been for 20+ years!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Oh dear!! That has actually shocked me....what a manager he has been last few seasons!![/quote]

[/quote]

Any proof of this?

All very good in hindsight but I think a lot of people would have been upset with the decision at the time although probably a lot less upset than by the appointment of Grant.

OTBC

[quote user="Shyster"]Yep, Roy Hodgson. Best English manager in the game.[/quote]Love this quote"Fulham fans are partial to the highly complicated chant; ''Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy...'' "At least our chants are still a bit more creative than some....

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Any proof of this?

[/quote]

His CV?

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Any proof of this?

[/quote]

His CV?

[/quote]

I mean proof he actually applied!

Or are you saying you have it? If so, be a darling and scan it in.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Shyster"]Yep, Roy Hodgson. Best English manager in the game.[/quote]Love this quote"Fulham fans are partial to the highly complicated chant; ''Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy...'' "At least our chants are still a bit more creative than some....[/quote]"Earnie, Earnie, Earnie..""Dion, Dion, Dion..."

Jose mourinho also threw his hat in the ring, he wanted a bigger club than chelski....

If its true we missed out on Hogdson then i feel sick... genuinely! the guys record across the continent is excellent! he''s taken Fulham from relegation favourites to genuine european contenders in just a few seasons too.

jas :)

I notice the original poster hasn''t actually provided a link to this and you''re all assuming his rumour is true..

[quote user="Larry David"]I notice the original poster hasn''t actually provided a link to this and you''re all assuming his rumour is true..[/quote]

If there was a ''link'' to this then I wouldnt need to tell anybody and nobody would be suprised. Its always a case of ''if theres an article its true, if theres no article its not''....... considering I myself am on a payroll as a journalist, not your standard red top stuff and not football, why do I have to quote my source when they dont? Consider that. Or would it make you feel better if I wrote an article on the incredibly open source and collaborative internet? Because that wouldnt make my claim any more true or any more false, at least in the eyes of the intelligent.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Shyster"]Yep, Roy Hodgson. Best English manager in the game.
[/quote]

Love this quote

"Fulham fans are partial to the highly complicated chant; ''Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy...'' "

At least our chants are still a bit more creative than some....
[/quote]

"Earnie, Earnie, Earnie.."

"Dion, Dion, Dion..."

[/quote]

"Deano, Deano, Deano"
"Mooney, Mooney, Mooney"
"Arturo Lupoli, Arturo Lupoli"
"Leroy, Leroy, Leroy"

Personally I think most of our chants these days are awful...

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Larry David"]I notice the original poster hasn''t actually provided a link to this and you''re all assuming his rumour is true..[/quote]

If there was a ''link'' to this then I wouldnt need to tell anybody and nobody would be suprised. Its always a case of ''if theres an article its true, if theres no article its not''....... considering I myself am on a payroll as a journalist, not your standard red top stuff and not football, why do I have to quote my source when they dont? Consider that. Or would it make you feel better if I wrote an article on the incredibly open source and collaborative internet? Because that wouldnt make my claim any more true or any more false, at least in the eyes of the intelligent.

[/quote]

No but your claims might have a bit more substance if you backed them up. I don''t know who you are or who you write for; you''re just another name on a message board.

In this instance, I find the story somewhat unbelievable, so backing it up with some facts would improve matters somewhat.

Hope this helps.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

No but your claims might have a bit more substance if you backed them up. I don''t know who you are or who you write for; you''re just another name on a message board.

In this instance, I find the story somewhat unbelievable, so backing it up with some facts would improve matters somewhat.

Hope this helps.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Hope this helps.

Hi, This may well be true, but I have spoken to someone very close to the board about who applied and this name didn''t come up... there were one or two strange names that did come up but roy wasn''t one of them... he was manager of Finland at the time wasn''t he? Interesting either way... Out of interest, who do you write for?