Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Well Done Burnley

just back from a weekend in Blackburn wound my relations up that they would at least get a proper local derby next year when Burnley win the playoff  and they have .they hate each other like we hate the scum but well done to Burnley .how things change looking over Ewood park yesterday four years ago we were where  Burnley are now going  now look at us  away to Yeovil got no rellys  that way

I`m glad they won. They are doomed however, the first remark made by one of the comentaters was well done "LITTLE  OLE BURNLEY" . Made me cringe!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

I`m glad they won. They are doomed however, the first remark made by one of the comentaters was well done "LITTLE  OLE BURNLEY" . Made me cringe!

[/quote]

I think they can stay up if they win their mini-league in the Premiership between clubs such as Stoke, Wolves, Birmingham, Wigan, Hull etc. Those 10 games alone could yield 30 points. Their cup run this season showed that they can also beat some of the top teams.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]They sold Lafferty for £4 million and re-invested the money in the team , everytime we have sold somebody for millions the money vanishes.
[/quote]

Exactly... every penny of it was reinvested in the team... on proven Championship quality.

Yet we still have some of our fans trying to make out that we spent more than them purely because we supposedly have a higher wage bill.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

I think they can stay up if they win their mini-league in the Premiership between clubs such as Stoke, Wolves, Birmingham, Wigan, Hull etc. Those 10 games alone could yield 30 points. Their cup run this season showed that they can also beat some of the top teams.

[/quote]

I agree... [Y]

I think that Burnley will stay up also... Good manager, the basis of a very good side (especially down the spine of the team) and I am sure that they will put the majority of the money from winning promotion straight in to Coyles hands to strengthen their suqad BECAUSE THEY PUT FOOTBALL FIRST!

PS - Well done Burnley... go and show us how it should be done.

Was the Paterson playing for them yesterday the one we decided not to go for after "quibbling" about an extra £100K or so - or have I mixed the Paterson''s up?

I also say well done as it keeps Sheff Utd out of the prem.  However they will probably now sue Burnley or Southampton or someone.

Not sure why you think they have no right to be in the Prem?  Do we have no right to be in Div 3?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]it''s a shame they went up i was rooting for sheff utd, burnley like wigan, hull and stoke have no right to be in the premiership. [/quote]I don''t understand that. They clearly do have a right to be in the Premiership...because they got promoted.That''s how football works...The only teams that have no right to be in the Premiership next year are those that did not get promoted. Past history counts for nothing, and i think it''s stupid to claim that teams like Burnley, hull or wigan don''t deserve to be in the Premiership.

Burnley should be proud of their acheivements. they have always been in or aroudn the playoff places the last few seasons and finally made it. they won''t come straight back down im willing to bet either, Coyle is shrewd, can fnd a bargain and get the best out of them.... Good mates with Wee Gordon at Celtic too.. so expect the odd loan.

jas :)

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]it''s a shame they went up i was rooting for sheff utd, burnley like wigan, hull and stoke have no right to be in the premiership.
[/quote]

i suppose we have no right to be in league 1 either?

Wigan, Hull, stoke, and Burnley are proof that with an ambitious board, the right mix of players and a good manager just what can be done.

food for thought for you, all of these sides were in the bottom 2 divisions 10 years ago when leeds were in the semi finals of the champions league... who has the right to be in the prem now then?

It''s just a shame that our top flight has to be littered by these northern monkey towns with half full stadiums and teams that play a style that barely resembles football. I would seriously be interested in seeing a change to the rules that encourage teams to play a passing game. It is an absolute travesty that west brom are going down yet stoke survive another year. The premiership is a worse league for it.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]It''s just a shame that our top flight has to be littered by these northern monkey towns with half full stadiums and teams that play a style that barely resembles football.

I would seriously be interested in seeing a change to the rules that encourage teams to play a passing game. It is an absolute travesty that west brom are going down yet stoke survive another year. The premiership is a worse league for it.

[/quote]

and yet Stoke got promoted playing the way they do and also beat Arsenal this season.. if it was norwich staying in the premiership after beating one of the best sides in europe en route i bet you wouldnt whinge... youd say "bloody spiffing lets have more of it!"

its all about success... if success is long ball then good luck to Stoke....

we on the other hand passed about playing "pretty" football and got relegated.

i''d happily play ugly every week if we ended up like stoke... or would you rather we passed our way to the conference?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]It''s just a shame that our top flight has to be littered by these northern monkey towns with half full stadiums and teams that play a style that barely resembles football.

I would seriously be interested in seeing a change to the rules that encourage teams to play a passing game. It is an absolute travesty that west brom are going down yet stoke survive another year. The premiership is a worse league for it.

[/quote]

and yet Stoke got promoted playing the way they do and also beat Arsenal this season.. if it was norwich staying in the premiership after beating one of the best sides in europe en route i bet you wouldnt whinge... youd say "bloody spiffing lets have more of it!"

i''d happily play ugly every week if we ended up like stoke... or would you rather we passed our way to the conference?

[/quote]

lol very well said Jas... [Y]

Stoke remind me of the very successful Wimbledon team of the 80''s and early 90''s.

I am sure we would of heard thousands of City fans complain if long ball won us an FA Cup.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]it''s a shame they went up i was rooting for sheff utd, burnley like wigan, hull and stoke have no right to be in the premiership.
[/quote]
I don''t understand that. They clearly do have a right to be in the Premiership...because they got promoted.
That''s how football works...
The only teams that have no right to be in the Premiership next year are those that did not get promoted. Past history counts for nothing, and i think it''s stupid to claim that teams like Burnley, hull or wigan don''t deserve to be in the Premiership.
[/quote]

Unlike us Burnley have also actually won the top flight (all be it 50yrs ago).

They have every right to take their well deserved place in the Premiership and ''Say Hello To The Angels'' is talking out of his backside!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]It''s just a shame that our top flight has to be littered by these northern monkey towns with half full stadiums and teams that play a style that barely resembles football. I would seriously be interested in seeing a change to the rules that encourage teams to play a passing game. It is an absolute travesty that west brom are going down yet stoke survive another year. The premiership is a worse league for it.

[/quote]

[/quote]I admire Tony Mowbray because he stuck to the passing game right to the end because it''s what he believed in, i''m the same i would rather we were relegated playing a passing game than promoted playing ugly long ball. The way teams like stoke & bolton play football almost seems like cheating to me, they have found a way to exploit the game a method that allows them to compete at an unaturally high level. But ultimatly they are selfish because they deprive the neutral fan/opposistion fan and probably even their own fans of any entertainment. Football was not intended to be played that way and it would be a sad day when ncfc resorted to such tactics. As a neutral fan in all honesty which would you rather have as a premiership match to watch one sunday afternoon next season Middlsboro v West Brom or Stoke v Hull?

[quote user="shefcanary"]Was the Paterson playing for them yesterday the one we decided not to go for after "quibbling" about an extra £100K or so - or have I mixed the Paterson''s up?[/quote]

He is the one YES... signed for approx £1.2million and contributed 20 goals this season.

Because of we "quibbled" about and additional £100 to £200k we are now playing in the 3rd tier while they are playing in the Premiership.

This is exactly the reason why we have lost out on a number of players we could of built a decent side around over the last few years, but still we have fans trying to claim that we have a whole host of other reasons for our failure, wehn it is clear that the main reason is lack of investment when it comes to paying transfer fees for quality young talent.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I admire Tony Mowbray because he stuck to the passing game right to the end because it''s what he believed in, i''m the same i would rather we were relegated playing a passing game than promoted playing ugly long ball.

The way teams like stoke & bolton play football almost seems like cheating to me, they have found a way to exploit the game a method that allows them to compete at an unaturally high level. But ultimatly they are selfish because they deprive the neutral fan/opposistion fan and probably even their own fans of any entertainment.

Football was not intended to be played that way and it would be a sad day when ncfc resorted to such tactics.

As a neutral fan in all honesty which would you rather have as a premiership match to watch one sunday afternoon next season Middlsboro v West Brom or Stoke v Hull?
[/quote]

I thought that we already had... but we failed at that too didn''t we???

I would rather watch Stoke v Hull

You obviously do not remember that Boro were a bit route one in their early Premiership days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjq5WQtAvM and no doub''t West Brom were too?

Ok looking at the youtube clips it may well of been Old School Div 1 days (but still).

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]Was the Paterson playing for them yesterday the one we decided not to go for after "quibbling" about an extra £100K or so - or have I mixed the Paterson''s up?[/quote]

He is the one YES... signed for approx £1.2million and contributed 20 goals this season.

Because of we "quibbled" about and additional £100 to £200k we are now playing in the 3rd tier while they are playing in the Premiership.

This is exactly the reason why we have lost out on a number of players we could of built a decent side around over the last few years, but still we have fans trying to claim that we have a whole host of other reasons for our failure, wehn it is clear that the main reason is lack of investment when it comes to paying transfer fees for quality young talent.

[/quote]

Agree totally. How many times have we done this and it has turned out to be false economy? Lots. Think back to Taylor too. I don''t think that we should ever be held to ranson by any club or player, but we should learn that if a manager wants a player for 500k and they want 700k for him, then the question of is he worth it, can we afford it, does the manager really want and need him?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]It''s just a shame that our top flight has to be littered by these northern monkey towns with half full stadiums and teams that play a style that barely resembles football. I would seriously be interested in seeing a change to the rules that encourage teams to play a passing game. It is an absolute travesty that west brom are going down yet stoke survive another year. The premiership is a worse league for it.

[/quote]

[/quote]I admire Tony Mowbray because he stuck to the passing game right to the end because it''s what he believed in, i''m the same i would rather we were relegated playing a passing game than promoted playing ugly long ball. The way teams like stoke & bolton play football almost seems like cheating to me, they have found a way to exploit the game a method that allows them to compete at an unaturally high level. But ultimatly they are selfish because they deprive the neutral fan/opposistion fan and probably even their own fans of any entertainment. Football was not intended to be played that way and it would be a sad day when ncfc resorted to such tactics. As a neutral fan in all honesty which would you rather have as a premiership match to watch one sunday afternoon next season Middlsboro v West Brom or Stoke v Hull?[/quote]

I thought that we already had... but we failed at that too didn''t we???

I would rather watch Stoke v Hull

You obviously do not remember that Boro were a bit route one in their early Premiership days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjq5WQtAvM and no doub''t West Brom were too?

Ok looking at the youtube clips it may well of been Old School Div 1 days (but still).

[/quote]West Brom passed their way to the premiership and out of it. Also there isn''t  a method of football in existence that we wouldn''t have failed at in the recent past so all i''m saying is if we''re gonna be sh*t lets at least be sh*t playing a passing game. Stoke v Hull 50% football 50% rugby you are joking that you''d rather watch that are you not? does watching the likes of arsenal & barcelona bore you?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]it''s a shame they went up i was rooting for sheff utd, burnley like wigan, hull and stoke have no right to be in the premiership.
[/quote]
I don''t understand that. They clearly do have a right to be in the Premiership...because they got promoted.
That''s how football works...
The only teams that have no right to be in the Premiership next year are those that did not get promoted. Past history counts for nothing, and i think it''s stupid to claim that teams like Burnley, hull or wigan don''t deserve to be in the Premiership.
[/quote]

Completley agree, no one has ''the right'' to be in the prem, its pruley based on the football. Hull, wigan, burnley etc... are there because they have played well and been run correctly. Teams like Newcastle belive they deserve to be in europe because of their history and their size, thats absolute b****x. They have been run badly and played poorly, so their in the Championship next year...end of.

Burnley will do ok i reckon, traditionally the playoff winners do better than automatically promoted teams. I hope they do well, gives teams like us hope that it can be done ona small budget.  

Burnley should be proud of their acheivements. they have always been in or aroudn the playoff places the last few seasons and finally made it. they won''t come straight back down im willing to bet either, Coyle is shrewd, can fnd a bargain and get the best out of them.... Good mates with Wee Gordon at Celtic too.. so expect the odd loan.

[/quote]

Which, of course, is a typically uneducated pinkun forum myth. "In or around the play-offs" would denote a final league position higher than tenth. So jas, where exactly have Burnley finished in the last few seasons?

..and the answer is:

Burnley:

2008/9 - 6th

2007/8 - 13th

2006/7 - 15th

2005/6 - 17th

2004/5 - 13th

2003/4 - 19th

Incidentally, Coyle may struggle to get loans via his old mate "Wee Gordon" seeing as he''s not Celtic manager any more!