Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Who do you blame for Relegation?

Lets clear this up once and for all. Lets determine who people consider guilty for the demise of this football club, for me personally the anger directed at Gunn is unjustified. Particularly with people like First Wizard seemingly stating that it was Bryan Gunn that took us down.

In the format of proportioning people a percentage of blame out of 100%, I am going to go for:-

Majority Shareholders:-    50%

Glen Roeder:- 15%

Neil Doncaster:-  15%

Peter Grant:- 15%

Bryan Gunn:- 5%

[quote user="lobster catcher"]I blame the other 21 teams who didn''t go down for being better than us[/quote]

And the 100 odd strikers that were better than Jamie Cureton? and the 21 managers that were better than Roeder?

In the format of proportioning people a percentage of blame out of 100%, I am going to go for:-

Majority Shareholders:-    70 %

Glen Roeder:- 10 %

Neil Doncaster:-  5 %

Peter Grant:- 10 %

Bryan Gunn:- 5 %

Delia and Co - 25%

Grant - 20%

Roeder - 20%

Doncaster - 15%

Players - 15%

Gunn - 5%

I don''t think it is any one persons fault as it would be unfair to blame all the mistakes on one persons shoulders. its more a series of poor board room and tactical desisions that over a long period of time have caused a gradual slide in our once great club.

Also not much blame has been put on the players. I don''t feel they should be exempt from blame.

The Board 35%

Grant 25%

Roeder 20%

Players 15%

Gunn 5%

Grant and the players were given a great chance to establish themselves as winners at the club and blew it. Fair enough the players were only here because the managers employed them but what an opportunity for them! Roeder detroyed any team morale at the club which led to a very difficult task for Gunn.

Roeder for getting rid of Huckerby!!! The one player who made a difference here! Think about it! We were crap the year before and our 3 best players were Huckerby, Evans and Dublin. Evans we didn''t have much chance of keeping but Dublin said he would have stayed another year if it wouldn''t have been for Roeder and Huckerby??? Why release our best player on a free when clubs were bidding for him in January??? It doesn''t make sense! If he wanted to bring in Hoolahan and get rid of Huckerby why not sell Hucks for the 1 Million that the Yankee clubs offered and buy Hoolahan for that money??? Surely Blackpool would have sold for that sort of money as they did for half of it a few months later.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Lets clear this up once and for all. Lets determine who people consider guilty for the demise of this football club, for me personally the anger directed at Gunn is unjustified. Particularly with people like First Wizard seemingly stating that it was Bryan Gunn that took us down.

[/quote]

Where''s the ''supporters who continually finance the clubs demise'' option? The latter are 60% to blame with the majority shareholders at 40% - the supporters get the extra 20% for being as stupid as the day is long.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Where''s the ''supporters who continually finance the clubs demise'' option? The latter are 60% to blame with the majority shareholders at 40% - the supporters get the extra 20% for being as stupid as the day is long.
[/quote]

The options are limited, I just chose not to apportion any blame to the supporters.

Obviously the board are about 90% accountable for what has happened to our club.

How people can still blame Roeder more than Gunny for our demis astonishes me... Just because he upset some of you with a few home truths and crass comments doesn''t make him the worst manager that NCFC have ever had.

Don''t forget Roeder would of had Taylor and Martin Paterson playing in yella & green if it wasn''t for Delia & Co.

PETER GRANT - YOUR A FOOL TO BLAME HIM!

ROEDER HAD LONG ENOUGH TO BUILD HIS OWN TEAM BEFORE WE WENT DOWN!!

GUNN WANTED THE JOB, SHOWED NO PASION, BLAMED THE REF AFTER EVERY MATCH UNLESS WE WON, AND DIDN''T LOOK BOTHERED WHEN WE WENT DOWN- THE ONLY PERSON WHO LOOKED UPSET WHEN WE WENT DOWN WAS KOREY SMITH!!

[quote user="CT "]Some fans on here would blame the fans 100%...
[/quote]

Not me CT... they can have the other 10% that I left over after aportioning 90% to our wonderful directors... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Obviously the board are about 90% accountable for what has happened to our club.

How people can still blame Roeder more than Gunny for our demis astonishes me... Just because he upset some of you with a few home truths and crass comments doesn''t make him the worst manager that NCFC have ever had.

Don''t forget Roeder would of had Taylor and Martin Paterson playing in yella & green if it wasn''t for Delia & Co.

[/quote]

I can''t disagree with you on this Smudger.[Y]

No matter how you paint over the cracks the blame is firmly in the boardroom, they select the yesmen to play manager, they come out with all the excuses why thier yesman had to go and employ an equally inept yesman,

And Us the fan for putting up with it for far to long, And now its us who suffer, not them

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Where''s the ''supporters who continually finance the clubs demise'' option? The latter are 60% to blame with the majority shareholders at 40% - the supporters get the extra 20% for being as stupid as the day is long. [/quote]

The options are limited, I just chose not to apportion any blame to the supporters.

[/quote]

Why not?  The majority shareholders are taking sparrows, dipping them in peroxide, selling them as canaries and 18,000 ''supporters'' are buying into it..

The board 100%They appoint managers - managers everyone with an ounce of a brain questioned the widsom of (Grant, Roeder and now Gunn).Everything else feeds from that.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s because you are as stupid as Smudge. Roeder prided himself on his wheeling and dealing in the transfer market - he set the valuations of player targets, not the Board.

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

I blame money. It''s killing football.

Cough, cough. I''m off!

[/quote]

hehehe it''s like a black comedy isn''t it??? [;)]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s because you are as stupid as Smudge. Roeder prided himself on his wheeling and dealing in the transfer market - he set the valuations of player targets, not the Board.

[/quote]

The suggestion that Gunn is as much to blame as Roeder is so breathtakingly and mind-numbingly stupid that it isn''t worth challenging. I don''t know, I come on here for a few moments of light relief from the daily routine and most of you are still whingeing and moaning. It''s going to be a long summer for some of you.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stupid says, as stupid does... run along Forest!!! [:$]

Board     25% - for picking gunn. after roeder

Doncaster 0%  He sets the budget and objectives to be approved by the board;  he seems to have done that ok.  takes part of the boards responsibility for sitting on it,  but did he chose player team tactics ?  Nope. 

Grant       0% - he had long gone,  we started this season afresh with the same survival opportunities as the rest of the league.

Roeder   15%  - for a) failing to get the best from his players, b) relying too much on loan players  c) not creating a clear strategy and team spirit d) wasting resources.  We had a squad that could compete with the best teams in this league.  He could not get them to be bothered.

Gunn      25% - For overall complete tactical and managerial incompetence for such self delusion that he failed to take the Grant walk away opportunity when he had the chance.We had a squad that could compete with the best teams in this league.  He could not get them to appear in teh last two games.

Players   35% - consistent cant be ar$ed but know I will still get paid and can leave for a better club if relegated attitude  

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The suggestion that Gunn is as much to blame as Roeder is so breathtakingly and mind-numbingly stupid that it isn''t worth challenging. I don''t know, I come on here for a few moments of light relief from the daily routine and most of you are still whingeing and moaning. It''s going to be a long summer for some of you.

[/quote] Gunns more to blame Roeder would have kept us up , once the clubs oddjob man was promoted to manager we were sunk .