Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Was Croft ACTUALLY player of the season...or was it rigged...?

The more I think about this, the more I cant help but think that our player of the season vote was rigged.

Making Croft player of the season may, just may, have made him want to stay. Adulation of the fans and all that jazz may have made him sign a new contract. I think that Gunn, the board, whoever; realised this and rigged the votes.

After Croft left Gunn even made an announcement to this effect (I forget the exact quote, but along the lines of  " I had hoped that being player of the season may have made him want to stay..")

I cant believe Croft won over Clingan. A travesty and certainly an outcome that raised a LOT of eyebrows when he was announced. So who in the hell actually voted for Croft?

Don''t underestimate how low the club will stoop to save their necks.

I would have voted for Croft had I voted. Actually no, I was going to vote Lappin. But if I was doing it seriously it would have been Croft. Clingan was our player of the season for the first half of the season. Croft was consistently hard working throughout. Everybody else was consistently lazy throughout.

I conducted the Capital Canaries vote. Clingan won ours, but it was fairly close between Clingan and Croft until the last week when Clingan pulled away a little.

For the record I voted for Croft. We all know he''s not the greatest, but he still put in 100% whenever he played, and for a player out of contract and most likely to leave (at the time) you don''t often see that.

I voted for the Doc.

But for me it was between him and Croft. They always played like it meant something to them.

Sammy was the only other real candidate but his form dipped.

Well everybody that i know voted for Clingan and everybody couldn''t believe Croft got it! I thought it was fixed too, so the board was hoping he would stay!

What did Croft actually do to deserve it? Run around like a headless chicken because he can''t cross a ball and had 3 assists all season and he gets player of the season! Shocking!!!!!

I would have voted for Croft also but also thought that Hoolahan had been one of the better players until his injury.  

I opted for Clingan in the NCFC and the Capital Canaries Player of the Season votes. If I could have cast a “second placed” vote, Croft would have got it.

That''s right, it was fixed! And the moon landings were staged, the world is ruled by a secret Jewish-industrialist cabal and CurlyWurlys used to be longer!

[quote user="colneycanary"]What did Croft actually do to deserve it? [/quote]

Ran his nuts off trying to help Norwich City win games of football.

His work rate can''t be underestimated but is by many.

Fortunately there are people out there who appreciate it.

Votes for player of the months counted.

Croft won because he recieved 2 player of the month awards,

compared to Clingans 1,

and Doc''s 0,

Croft

Clingan

Doc

that order sound familiar?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]That''s right, it was fixed! And the moon landings were staged, the world is ruled by a secret Jewish-industrialist cabal and CurlyWurlys used to be longer! [/quote]You forgot that Wagon Wheels used to be bigger, and lets not even mention the grassy knoll.........

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Nuff Said"]That''s right, it was fixed! And the moon landings were staged, the world is ruled by a secret Jewish-industrialist cabal and CurlyWurlys used to be longer!
[/quote]

You forgot that Wagon Wheels used to be bigger, and lets not even mention the grassy knoll.........
[/quote]

What the hell, Curly Wurlys used to be longer? When did this gross shortening take place!?!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]What did Croft actually do to deserve it? [/quote]

Ran his nuts off trying to help Norwich City win games of football.

His work rate can''t be underestimated but is by many.

Fortunately there are people out there who appreciate it.

[/quote]

I voted for Lita and frankly can''t imagine why the rest of you didn''t as he was clearly the best player to wear the shirt last season. Plus it would have embarsased everyone at the club if he had won it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]That''s right, it was fixed! And the moon landings were staged, the world is ruled by a secret Jewish-industrialist cabal and CurlyWurlys used to be longer!
[/quote]

Well they were definitely thicker!!  Curly Wurlies that is, not those who suggest they vote was rigged.

I expect enough people voted for Croft in the hope that he would sign on again.

Hard worker but he never learnt to cross the ball. A bit of a problem for a winger as his next club will find.

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Nuff Said"]That''s right, it was fixed! And the moon landings were staged, the world is ruled by a secret Jewish-industrialist cabal and CurlyWurlys used to be longer!
[/quote]

You forgot that Wagon Wheels used to be bigger, and lets not even mention the grassy knoll.........
[/quote] 

That''s what I was thinking the original post was wondering about, if some hidden voters behind the fence on the grassy knoll cast some ballets from the front and blew the Player of the Season crown off of D''OHerty''s head.