Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Ronnie O'Brien

A right midfielder with pace and crossing ability and would be a more than adequate replacement for Croft- especially in League 1.I''ve watched over 15 SJE matches and the games that I saw ROB left me thinking ''why dont we try and get him?'' I''m of course aware that MLS is different to League 1 but I figure hes worth a go.More than good enough for us and is a free agent. Take a look Gunny[Y]

[quote user="CT "]A right midfielder with pace and crossing ability and would be a more than adequate replacement for Croft- especially in League 1.

I''ve watched over 15 SJE matches and the games that I saw ROB left me thinking ''why dont we try and get him?'' I''m of course aware that MLS is different to League 1 but I figure hes worth a go.

More than good enough for us and is a free agent. Take a look Gunny[Y]
[/quote]

mention all of the names in the world, but without any money, what chance do we have?

I rate him, and would certainly welcome him as a replacement for Croft....Go get him Gunn![:D]

[quote user="Mushroom"]No.

Why would you make up being from Brighton?[/quote]Indeed.I''m not "CT"''s second account, and certainly wasn''t aware that in agreeing with him (or her? [;)]) that i''d be branded as such. Should that be the case, i therefore retract my statement so that others don''t begin to slander me and CT on this basis.However should that not be the case, i would like to say that the only reason i rate O''Brien is because i''ve been following San Jose this season (for obvious reasons of course), and from the highlights i''ve seen, he seemed decent. The fans at San Jose certainly seem to think as much as well from what i''ve read briefly on their message boards...And just to reiterate, "I''m not CTs second account".

On the subject of MLS players Connor Casey of the Colorado Rapids would make an excellent target man! Not sure how much he would cost already joint top scorer in the MLS this year.

What about that right winger at LA Galaxy?  Getting on a bit but could still do a job....

Cannot see us bringing anyone across the pond unless it is Hucks.  If he were to come then he might encourage NCFC to look at a few others.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

What about that right winger at LA Galaxy?  Getting on a bit but could still do a job....

[/quote]

na hes just got back from a temp job playing in the milan sunday league....

[quote user="Willmeister"]John''s posts in the Atheist thread are far too mature for him to be CT.[/quote]Much appreciated Willmeister. And in that, ''hopefully'', this whole debacle has been settled.[Y][;)]

I''m sure he was the player that whilst at Juve, the fans, friends and family etc, tried to get him as the person of the century.

"already joint top scorer in the MLS this year"The clue to the cost is in your own statement.

[quote user="Colorado Canary"]On the subject of MLS players Connor Casey of the Colorado Rapids would make an excellent target man! Not sure how much he would cost already joint top scorer in the MLS this year.[/quote]

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="CT "]Hes also Irish so may wanna come ''home''?[/quote]Correct me if im wrong but im sure Norwich isnt in Ireland![/quote]Norwich is a lot closer to Ireland than the United StatesBlimey [:O] I was wandering what sort of recpetion this would get- seems quite good

He''s also going to become a poster boy for the FA''s respect campaign apparently. ;o)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=navnOIvXn8o

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''m sure he was the player that whilst at Juve, the fans, friends and family etc, tried to get him as the person of the century.[/quote]

I cant digest this at all, can you reword?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="CT "]Hes also Irish so may wanna come ''home''?[/quote]Correct me if im wrong but im sure Norwich isnt in Ireland![/quote]Norwich is a lot closer to Ireland than the United StatesBlimey [:O] I was wandering what sort of recpetion this would get- seems quite good[/quote]It isn''t part of Britain,  I guess that''s why ''home'' got the negative response.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''m sure he was the player that whilst at Juve, the fans, friends and family etc, tried to get him as the person of the century.[/quote]

I cant digest this at all, can you reword?

[/quote]

Century, the of person the as him get to tried, etc family and friends, fans the, Juve at whilst that player the was he sure I''m.

Or:

Time Magazine stunt

Excerpted: In August 1999, Time Magazine in the United States conducted an internet poll to find the Person of the Century. Mischievous friends in Bray sent an e-mail urging Irish people to vote for Ronnie O''Brien. O''Brien vaulted his way to the top of the standings, beating out such notables as Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King and Bill Clinton. Then there was a computer crash, which Time said was a result of too many people voting online at once. Instead of being named Person of the Century, O''Brien was taken out of the running, because Time officials said not enough people had heard of him. The official rules stated, "whimsical candidates will not be counted."[3]

Similarly, O''Brien was also voted Juventus''s most promising newcomer, even though he only played one game for the club when he came on as substitute in the intertoto cup. An email was sent around between Irish students who propelled O''Brien to the number one position in the poll. He received 32% of the vote