Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Neil Doncaster still at club?

I take note of all press releases / press reports with relation to the dismissal / mutual termination of Neil Doncaster as Chief Executive Office of Norwich City.

However no reference has been made to the termination of his directorship in EventGuard Ltd, a company that I believe Norwich City still own a majority equity stake in?I assume therefore that Neil Doncaster will remain at Carrow Road in some capacity? Advising on matchday issues and stewarding, particularly the legal aspect?

And I trust that the board will not consult Doncaster on any issues that relate to the running of Norwich City football club? because I am certainly not easy about him having any association with the club at all.

It has already been confirmed that he is technically still a board member until replaced, how much influence and involvement does Doncaster still hold?The announcement of Munby and Doncasters departure is one that I was happy about, but I wont personally be closing that book until alternative directors have been appointed, especially considering I myself know of two individuals that have offered to acquire equity in return for a place on the board.

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]Didn''t we sell our stake in eventguard, I stand to be corrected though?
[/quote]

I was under the impression that we sold around 30% of our stake, but the club retained the majority stake? The club set up the company rather than acquiring it in the first place.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I thought it had been said he was still a director anyway???[/quote]

Yes, which I have already stated in my original post, clearly.

There is little choice but for him to remain at present.

IF any board decisions are to be made then they need four members.

DS/MWJ,  Foulger plus 1 other. With Munby incapacitated for a time he is the only one left.

[quote user="singing canary"]

so nothing has changed then .

[/quote]

Nothing will change until Delia and MWJ leave the club, since they get the final say on all board room issues irrespective.

I believe the club has only ever announced that Doncaster and Munby have stood down from their positions as chief executive and chairman. I do not recall reading that they had resigned as directors. Maybe LQ or Cameldung can clarify this?

[quote user="soothsayer"]I believe the club has only ever announced that Doncaster and Munby have stood down from their positions as chief executive and chairman. I do not recall reading that they had resigned as directors. Maybe LQ or Cameldung can clarify this?[/quote]

They sound like an old married couple but then again they do have plenty in common as they both know everything there is to know about our club, but then again one loves the board and one hates the board so perhaps not. [:)]

[quote user="ryan85k"]

I take note of all press releases / press reports with relation to the dismissal / mutual termination of Neil Doncaster as Chief Executive Office of Norwich City.

However no reference has been made to the termination of his directorship in EventGuard Ltd, a company that I believe Norwich City still own a majority equity stake in?I assume therefore that Neil Doncaster will remain at Carrow Road in some capacity? Advising on matchday issues and stewarding, particularly the legal aspect?

And I trust that the board will not consult Doncaster on any issues that relate to the running of Norwich City football club? because I am certainly not easy about him having any association with the club at all.

It has already been confirmed that he is technically still a board member until replaced, how much influence and involvement does Doncaster still hold?The announcement of Munby and Doncasters departure is one that I was happy about, but I wont personally be closing that book until alternative directors have been appointed, especially considering I myself know of two individuals that have offered to acquire equity in return for a place on the board.

[/quote]

He is not at the club so far as I know and I''m not aware of him being in the building since the day it was announced he was "stepping down".  If he has any sense he will have gone on a lengthy holiday.  Munby remains on the board until a replacement chairman is found at which point, as I understand, he will leave.

Unless they find a new chief executive very quickly I suspect you will be left in difficulties because he played an important part in the signing of players from the contract and negotiation point of view.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

He is not at the club so far as I know and I''m not aware of him being in the building since the day it was announced he was "stepping down".  If he has any sense he will have gone on a lengthy holiday.  Munby remains on the board until a replacement chairman is found at which point, as I understand, he will leave.

Unless they find a new chief executive very quickly I suspect you will be left in difficulties because he played an important part in the signing of players from the contract and negotiation point of view.

[/quote]

Phew, thank god for that.

Thats why the wage bill was so high, signing crap players and resulting in us being relegated twice consequently him losing his job

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats why the wage bill was so high, signing crap players and resulting in us being relegated twice consequently him losing his job

[/quote]

Unless you decide to try and get a cheap and cheerful option you won''t get a chief executive on much less than he was earning.  Many earn far more than he got.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you decide to try and get a cheap and cheerful option you won''t get a chief executive on much less than he was earning.  Many earn far more than he got.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Cam. Speculate to accomulate.

I for one wouldn''t mind spending 200k plus on somebody with a proven track record at being a CEO especially if they has the necessary skills and damands required to negotiate contracts correctly. Neil Doncaster clearly did not meet these requirements.

"Unless they find a new chief executive very quickly I suspect you will be left in difficulties because he played an important part in the signing of players from the contract and negotiation point of view."

I think that''s the most important aspect of this thread

I assume Doncaster only ever signed players the manager identified as targets and who the Board agreed to fund so not his fault if they then turned out to be a Brellier, Hartson or a Carl Robinson.

The trouble is that Gunn can identify all the targets he wants, there''s no-one around with the experience to do the deal at the moment.

The words ''Marie'' and ''Celeste'' spring to mind!

[quote user="Metatron"]"Unless they find a new chief executive very quickly I suspect you will be left in difficulties because he played an important part in the signing of players from the contract and negotiation point of view." I think that''s the most important aspect of this thread I assume Doncaster only ever signed players the manager identified as targets and who the Board agreed to fund so not his fault if they then turned out to be a Brellier, Hartson or a Carl Robinson. The trouble is that Gunn can identify all the targets he wants, there''s no-one around with the experience to do the deal at the moment. The words ''Marie'' and ''Celeste'' spring to mind![/quote]

I suspect that the work on contracts will now be put out to a firm of Norwich solicitors ..... doubt that will mean a speedy signing of any target!

The club will continue to use Doncaster on a contract basis until he is replaced. Either Doncaster or Mumby are still being retained on the board to enable the club to legally operate with 4 directors.

I know actually checking facts is regarded as wussy, but a quick look at the official site would confirm that:1. Munby is still listed as a director (until a replacement turns up) but is described as the former chairman.2. Doncaster is not listed as a director.3. Neither is now listed as a member of the SCG, which they were before.4. Doncaster is not listed in the "key personnel" section.