Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Do us a favour Archant....

Please please spare us a summer break of speculation and trivia; do we really care about Gunn''s thoughts on his players or that Fotheringham might be going to Spain??? A significant number of us don''t think Gunn should be manager so don''t rub salt in the wounds by allowing him to fill pages of newsprint expounding the virtues and potential generosity of the board in fully supporting his team building plans. We''ve heard it all before and have had enough. Until we make concrete signings or sell players just spare us the rubbish. If you''re short of column coverage give the fans a voice and we''ll continue to try and explain the rudiments of running a football club to Delia, prudence and her puppets.

I was just about to post the same sort of thing,who gives an Ipswich about former players!!! Please can we have some good news on our players and new signings...oh wait a minute we don''t have any money and the board have sucked the life out of the club,we don''t get good news,silly me. 

The only thing more depressing than going to the pinkun to see there are no new stories is seeing that there is more of the non-news writing!

The problem is they should not be short of column space.We should be linked with an endless number of players right now, and should have signed, or een close to signing at least one.  However, worryingly, nothing seems to be happening.

[quote user="Spartan"]Please please spare us a summer break of speculation and trivia; do we really care about Gunn''s thoughts on his players or that Fotheringham might be going to Spain??? A significant number of us don''t think Gunn should be manager so don''t rub salt in the wounds by allowing him to fill pages of newsprint expounding the virtues and potential generosity of the board in fully supporting his team building plans. We''ve heard it all before and have had enough. Until we make concrete signings or sell players just spare us the rubbish. If you''re short of column coverage give the fans a voice and we''ll continue to try and explain the rudiments of running a football club to Delia, prudence and her puppets.[/quote]

Well said or for Lappinitup: BOARD OUT!

Sorry, boys and girls, but I disagree. Even if only a minority want to read the non-news, Archant have a duty to publish it.Surely you are all masters enough of your own keyboards and eyeballs to avoid reading anything you think is pointless twaddle?Then again, perhaps censorship of discussion and opinion IS the way forward...

...BRING BACK PRE-MODERATION. That way we might be spared some of the mindless speculation and endless whinging which we are all FORCED to read every day on this forum.[:P]Do you get my point?[*-)]

I get really jarred off when the local press continue to report on players that have left to join other clubs. For me, it stems from as far back as Kevin Reeves, when they''re gone, they''re gone. I don''t give a toss about their new clubs/injuries/what went wrong at Carrow Road/what the canaries need to do to get back up/Wembley appearances. The coverage Croft and Marshall AFTER jumping ship and even worse, the reporting of Lupoli''s trip to the play-off final this week was shockingly  cheap journalism and very irritating. I''d rather see a blank back page.

[quote user="Shyster"]Fat Barman - who''s that gay looking chap in your avatar there?
[/quote]Shyster''s in love.........again! [:S]

They could always do something radical - ask some questions of the directors. Something along the lines of why is it taking so long to attract a viable investor? Is the price too high? What next if Gunn doesn''t work out? Where''s the rebate letter? Are Doncaster and Munby still ''working'' at Carrow Road? Will Delia spill the beans again at the RNS?

But good to know Fozzy is heading for Spain after his pleasant stay at Costa Colney.

until they print the article we all want them to re the club and the board then i wont be buying it.. im sure others wont either.

jas :)

And right now they have the SAME story on the front page under two different headlines!