Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Good Luck Manchester United

I''m hoping for a really open competitive game to round off a truly dreadul season watching c**p (most of the time) at Carrow Road. Would prefer Barca to win, have always had a soft spot for them after years of unfair treatment under Franco.

Then I am going to take two months off from my obsession, and will report back for duty at end of July, to see if we have a team yet.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Who cares.

Both have played their part in buggering up football so I''m hoping for a North Korean missile landing in the middle of them.......

Bastards.

[/quote]For the first time ever I am in complete agreement with cluck.There is one caveat - I live in manchester, near Maine Road and from the experience of last year the area will be full of people driving round leaning on their car horns.  Since I would quite live to get some sleep tonight - C''mon Barca.

Who cares , years ago it was a proper competition the champions of each country in a two legged knockout , now you can finish fourth in your league and still end up champions of europe , pathetic . Also it was an us against Johnny foreigner and you got behind the English team but nowadays the English teams are more foreign than the  foreigners.

Only a few years ago this would have been seen as " Englands best club side versus Spains ,and I would be right behind Man Utd to win but sadly i feel no great passion to care if they win or lose. Maybe if the opposition wasn''t Barcelona, say Bayern Munich or Inter Milan  instead then I would prefer Man Utd to win. How many Spanish football fans even Real Madrid fans would prefer a Man Utd win.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Who cares , years ago it was a proper competition the champions of each country in a two legged knockout , now you can finish fourth in your league and still end up champions of europe , pathetic . Also it was an us against Johnny foreigner and you got behind the English team but nowadays the English teams are more foreign than the  foreigners.
[/quote]

Spot on about the way the competition is now organised, LCFc.

How can it be called the Champions League when most of the clubs involved are anything but ? The preliminary rounds used to be two-legged affairs contested by the actual champions of each participating country. Now it''s all '' league tables '' purely to extract as much money out of the competition as possible.

Safe in the knowledge that unless I live to be as old as a giant tortoise it aint gonna bother me or my team as we''ll never be involved and I couldn''t really care less who wins tonight ( as long as it''s not Man Utd of course )

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

Who cares.

Both have played their part in buggering up football so I''m hoping for a North Korean missile landing in the middle of them.......

Bastards.

[/quote]For the first time ever I am in complete agreement with cluck.There is one caveat - I live in manchester, near Maine Road and from the experience of last year the area will be full of people driving round leaning on their car horns.  Since I would quite live to get some sleep tonight - C''mon Barca.[/quote]Haha, good point 7Rew... I''m way out Didsbury way this year, but last year living in Rusholme was mental! Tried to get into town after the game and the bus just had to give up half way down Oxford Road... some fat, shirtless chap decided he''d rub his man-boobs up against the window, at which point I think most of us decided walking would be a better option.....

Barca have made the red scum look very ordinary since they scored, manure have been chasing shadows for long periods and Barca look far more likely to score again.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But surley you want man utd to win due to them being english??[/quote]why does that matter? support the team with the better football, and the team that would be better to watch every week, Barcelona all the way !!!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Barcelona is a club ran by its fans and Man U by an american rich man. Man Utd still charge 56 million for shirt sponsorship while Barcelona wave theirs to allow UNICEF to sponsor for free.

[/quote]

It''s even better than that. They actually make a huge donation to Unicef every year in return for having the name on their shirts, and whenever they win a trophy the victory parade goes down the Avenue Diagonal in the opposite direction to that taken by Franco''s fascists when they marched into Barcelona at the start of the repression of Catalonia. As the motto says, this is "mes que un club".

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Barcelona is a club ran by its fans and Man U by an american rich man. Man Utd still charge 56 million for shirt sponsorship while Barcelona wave theirs to allow UNICEF to sponsor for free.

[/quote]

It''s even better than that. They actually make a huge donation to Unicef every year in return for having the name on their shirts, and whenever they win a trophy the victory parade goes down the Avenue Diagonal in the opposite direction to that taken by Franco''s fascists when they marched into Barcelona at the start of the repression of Catalonia. As the motto says, this is "mes que un club".

[/quote]

Blimey didn''t know that Beauseant, cheers for the info.  Glad Im cheering for Barcelona now [Y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But surley you want man utd to win due to them being english??[/quote]

Hate them and Chelscum with a vengeance, any other English team I would want to win.

Hate em'' always have and always win...arrogant manager, arrogant players and arrogant fans versus a team owned by the fans and sponsored by a charity...............COME ON BARCA

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But surley you want man utd to win due to them being english??[/quote]

Hate them and Chelscum with a vengeance, any other English team I would want to win.

[/quote]

Same here.  I just can''t bring myself to cheer for Man U, less than 5 minutes left.

All i care about is winning my bets,

F*ck man u hate them with a passion, would prefer Barca to win all day long.

I woldnt be surprised if half the people on here support Man u anyway. Norwich as a city has a great number of plastic fans for the top 4 sides.

Come on u Barca!!!!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Will be cheering for Barcelona tonight, hate Man-ure and their arrogant purple faced manager with a passion  [:)][/quote]

Agree with you 100% WAY, and to be honest I really dont know if I can be bothered to watch it, especially as it''s got cr*ppy ITV coverage.

I expect Spanish fans who don''t support Barcelona would say they hate Barcelona for being arrogant but everyone connected with Man Utd  have got the art down to a fine tee. Man Utd have far too much influence in the game both on and off the field and I''m really hoping they get beaten tonight.

And anyway let''s all admit that there''s no sweeter sight than watching Ronaldo blub..... 

[/quote]

Did watch it in the end..........it was men against boys for the most part. They''ve got some class players and not many managers do a treble in their first season in charge. Must mention the Swiss referee. I thought he was superb although the match was played in good spirit with very few poor challenges.

To be fair to Sir Alex he admitted that Barcelona were the better team as did Rio Ferdinand so they''ll just have to console themselves with the Premiership title, League Cup and yet another appearance at Wembley in the FA Cup Semi-Final. It''s tough at the top.....

Only downside to tonight was Ronaldo not crying his eyes out. None of the Man Utd players did........it was the Barcelona players doing all the blubbing !!

What a great performance from Barca. With the exception of the first ten minutes they totally dominated and made United look extremely ordinary. The pre-match talk was all about who out of Ronaldo and Messi was the best in the world but for me Iniesta is better than the pair of them. In tandem with Xavi he is an absolute joy to watch.

Good result for English football, a Man U win would have made them richer and worsened all that is wrong with the English game

Well, a skin full of beer, a lovely curry (Roti in Norwich for you city dwellers) and a good evening, met lots of City supporters out for the occassion and except from a shite performance from Utd, a very pleasurable evening.  I expect alot of you previous posters are very happy.  Man Utd were very poor though.. granted.  best team won.

United were poor - little invention, sluggish, fearful... too many long, diagonal balls out to an increasingly isolated Rooney and unable to match Barca''s short, quick passing game.  They deserved to lose and they knew it, it could be seen on their faces at the end.Agree with Shack, Iniesta showed his class, he was the best player on the pitch by miles and the United players spent so much time trying to shackle Messi that by the time they''d realised that it was Iniesta running the show it was too late and they were too scared to do anything about it.To be fair, we didn''t see United at their best last night, and it was nowhere near the classic final it was being billed as, since it was too one-sided.  Barca were simply on top form, psyched and on top of their game whilst United were still in the hotel soaking up the atmosphere...........

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Good result for English football, a Man U win would have made them richer and worsened all that is wrong with the English game
[/quote]

Fully agree. An astute observation.

Ipswich are English, am I supposed to support them if they get to a European final?

Seriously you need to realise this is a club competition and my club is NCFC. You clearly have a second club, most people on here dont.

I have to say that Sir Alex seemed to have failed to motivate his team - they didn''t seem up for it.He also seemed tactically inept. [;)]

i am so chuffed that Barca won , they play football the right way and were by far the better team . Can you imagine the UK media had Manure won it ? thye would have been unbearable

I want all English clubs to lose in Europe , they give no benefit to NCFC if they are there   

Well... it was just as good as a North Korean missile.......

I''m sure our Carlisle clash in Division Three will make much better viewing........