Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Good Luck Manchester United

This is a club competiton and my club is Norwich City. If we ever got to a club final the last thing I would want is Man Utd or Ipswich fans cheering us on because we were the English club.

I really couldn''t care less who wins, just hoping for a good game but to be honest the sterile, cant be touched style of top level football leaves me cold.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Will be cheering for Barcelona tonight, hate Man-ure and their arrogant purple faced manager with a passion  [:)][/quote]

Agree with you 100% WAY, and to be honest I really dont know if I can be bothered to watch it, especially as it''s got cr*ppy ITV coverage.

I expect Spanish fans who don''t support Barcelona would say they hate Barcelona for being arrogant but everyone connected with Man Utd  have got the art down to a fine tee. Man Utd have far too much influence in the game both on and off the field and I''m really hoping they get beaten tonight.

And anyway let''s all admit that there''s no sweeter sight than watching Ronaldo blub..... 

[/quote]

Its also on Sky I believe, thank God for that............come on you red devils.[Y]

Christ that''s a tough choice: Andy Gray vs Tyldsley and Pleat.

That''s like picking a way to die.

[quote user="Danielt88"]

Christ that''s a tough choice: Andy Gray vs Tyldsley and Pleat.

That''s like picking a way to die.

you are so right

[/quote]

I would much prefer watching it on ITV. Andy Gray is just the most annoying commentator on TV. But then again, doesn''t that guy off the Championship do all the pre match and post match interviews and highlights? I also hate him with a passion...

COME ON BARCA, COME ON BARCA!!

Bloody hate Man Utd plastic fans, got them here at work, always moaning if things dont go there way, only few seasons ago, they were moaning that CHELSKI have brought the TITLE blah blah, Ferguson was doing the same years ago, with the likes of Pallister, Bruce, Wallace, Webb, etc, the list goes on!!

COME ON BARCA, COME ON BARCA!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"] I always support the under dog, but if it was Man Utd v Chelsea tonight, i''d still favour Utd.[/quote]

Is this a Paradox? A secret Chelsea fan?

I am usually a supporter of the English teams however really want Barcelona to win this one. I am sick of the top 4 in the Prem and how all the funds come their way! Boreed the death out of me lately with the Tevez affair. Fans saying we cant let him go etc... Christ they already have Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda and others. The fact they can have him if they wish shows what a ridiculous level the money in football has got to. Now if teams were wage capped and they had to choose 3 from 4 then it may be an interesting subject however it is not. They have there candy and eat it! Barcelona is a club ran by its fans and Man U by an american rich man. Man Utd still charge 56 million for shirt sponsorship while Barcelona wave theirs to allow UNICEF to sponsor for free. Man Utd own nearly every trophy in world football and are winning them again. The whole top end is becoming predictable and the fact they have about 12 international defenders, 12 International midfielders and 6 international strikers is beyond a joke! While clubs like us struggle to survive they fork out more in wages a week than we do in a year. I will bet that if the money spent by each club was put into an order from most to least the result would not come out pretty different to the table!They were on TV the other week and a chinese fan with a face mask was in the crowd (says it all)Man utd are all that is wrong in football at the moment and I hope to god they get turned over!

In Europe i''ve always supported the English clubs, and tend to lose interest when their out of the competition. Despite hating Manchester United in a domestic sense, i will always back them in an inernational sense if their playing foreign opposition.It''s just always been the case with me. I want whatever makes the English game seem like the best in the world, and doing well in competitions like this is part of that.

Does anybody else on here just want to see an exciting game of football?

I couldnt care less who wins any game unless either Ipswich or Norwich are involved either directly or indirectly.

You dont need to support a team in every game of football. For me I would just like to see lots of passion, lots of skill and hopefully lots of goals. Its the Champions League Final, both teams deserve to win it if they do.

Come on Barca. I always want the English team to win, unless that be Chelsea, Man Utd, or the scum of course. So I''ll be rooting for Barca! [:)]

[quote user="barryevans"]

man u to win 1-0

8-1

do it

[/quote]

0-0

0-1

1-0

2-1

1-2

2-2

3-2

2-3

3-3

4-3

3-4

4-4

Thats 12 very possible scorelines. Your odds are 8/1.  If the odds were 12/1 or over they would be good odds. Your odds are rubbish.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Proberly a post that i''ll get slated for, if any other team in England (except the Scum) played Man Utd, i would favour the other team, however in Europe, they are an English side, and i wish them well.  I''m actually really looking forward to the match.[/quote]i hate man utd nearly as much as the scum...COME ON BARCA

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Come on Barca. I always want the English team to win, unless that be Chelsea, Man Utd, or the scum of course. So I''ll be rooting for Barca! [:)][/quote]

So you would want Arsenal to win with no English players on the pitch, but you dont want Man Utd to win who will go out to the field tonight with half of the England team?

Always hated Man U since we took a kicking when we beat them in the cup in the 60s, 2-1, heath and bolland if i remember right, Laughed me head of when the idiot fell through the barclay roof. I hate the way the media force feed them down our throats, Andy Gray especially, i hate the way when Fergie moans, its mind games, when others do it, its a rant, i hate the way glory hunting idiots follow them, including people in Norwich and i hate theirs and their fans arrogance, so COME ON BARCA.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="barryevans"]

man u to win 1-0

8-1

do it

[/quote]

0-0

0-1

1-0

2-1

1-2

2-2

3-2

2-3

3-3

4-3

3-4

4-4

Thats 12 very possible scorelines. Your odds are 8/1.  If the odds were 12/1 or over they would be good odds. Your odds are rubbish.

[/quote]

tight game not many goals if it good odds you want have a bet on 5-5

Stuck between a rock and a hard place here, I hate manure with a passion but then I also hate Mr. Platini and Mr. Blatter with a passion who in turn hate the English game. Then enemy of my enemy becomes my friends and all that.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Come on Barca. I always want the English team to win, unless that be Chelsea, Man Utd, or the scum of course. So I''ll be rooting for Barca! [:)][/quote]

So you would want Arsenal to win with no English players on the pitch, but you dont want Man Utd to win who will go out to the field tonight with half of the England team?

[/quote]

I sure do. In Arsenals case it is the system that is wrong. The rules allow Arsenal to field all those foreign players. They are just using it to their advantage. The amount of English players on the pitch has no influence on who I want to win.

Chelsea - literally bought the title with Abramovic''s money, which went a long way to ruining football in England in my opinion. That was when all the takeovers began, turning football into a money-obsessed game. Money is all you need to win now.

Manchester United - I may not be very old, but all my life so far I''ve had to listen to complete idiots claiming to be ''die hard'' Man Utd fans, with no valid reason. It is more than annoying when Man Utd win something, and all those ''fans'' who have been to (if their lucky) 1 or 2 Man Utd games, celebrating from behind their TV screens. None of them seem to understand what being a football fan is about. So they don''t deserve the chance to celebrate ''their teams'' success.

Like you say Ryan, I''d like to see a good game more than anything althogh I am friends with two died-in the-wool Man U fans so would be pleased for their sakes if they did win. I just hope it''s not extra time and then penalties as I''ll be watching in the pub and the extra two pints will probably tip me over the edge into a hangover tomorrow!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Bingo! I want Utd to win not only because they''re an English team, but because they field English players! If Arsenal were in the final against Barca I''d be much less bothered about the outcome.

i cant support man utd i hate them almost as much as i hate the scum and i hope they get slaughtered in the final

[quote user="ricky knight"]Always hated Man U since we took a kicking when we beat them in the cup in the 60s, 2-1, heath and bolland if i remember right, Laughed me head of when the idiot fell through the barclay roof. I hate the way the media force feed them down our throats, Andy Gray especially, i hate the way when Fergie moans, its mind games, when others do it, its a rant, i hate the way glory hunting idiots follow them, including people in Norwich and i hate theirs and their fans arrogance, so COME ON BARCA.[/quote]

Not that different a reason to why I want Barca to win tonight.

Who cares.

Both have played their part in buggering up football so I''m hoping for a North Korean missile landing in the middle of them.......

Bastards.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I am usually a supporter of the English teams however really want Barcelona to win this one. I am sick of the top 4 in the Prem and how all the funds come their way! Boreed the death out of me lately with the Tevez affair. Fans saying we cant let him go etc... Christ they already have Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda and others. The fact they can have him if they wish shows what a ridiculous level the money in football has got to. Now if teams were wage capped and they had to choose 3 from 4 then it may be an interesting subject however it is not. They have there candy and eat it!

Barcelona is a club ran by its fans and Man U by an american rich man. Man Utd still charge 56 million for shirt sponsorship while Barcelona wave theirs to allow UNICEF to sponsor for free. Man Utd own nearly every trophy in world football and are winning them again. The whole top end is becoming predictable and the fact they have about 12 international defenders, 12 International midfielders and 6 international strikers is beyond a joke!

While clubs like us struggle to survive they fork out more in wages a week than we do in a year. I will bet that if the money spent by each club was put into an order from most to least the result would not come out pretty different to the table!

They were on TV the other week and a chinese fan with a face mask was in the crowd (says it all)

Man utd are all that is wrong in football at the moment and I hope to god they get turned over!
[/quote]

And Barca don''t have any internationals and are not willing to pay over the odds. Its always easy to slate Manure.

That is a really good point ''The Walking Man walking to Yeovil'' a win for Utd would certainly get up the nose of that arrogant French fat usless excuse of a human being Platini. 

Would rather watch Utd than Barca any day of the week, they play the best football in the world, both offensive and defensive, unlike the gung-ho stuff Barca are only capable of.

I''m a Manc for a day!

I couldn''t disagree more with everything you have just wrote. Barca play brilliant attacking football, no they are not very strong at the back but that''s part of the reason they are entertaining to watch. I would rather watch barca win 4-2 than utd winning 1-0.

Utd do not play th''Best'' football in the world. They may well play the most effective football i.e winning football. But teams like Arsenal and Barc when they pass the ball like they can is much better football in my opinion.

I also think Fergie winning Premier manager of the year is a disgrace when people like Roy Hodgson have achieved much more when you compare the resources availble to them.

OTBC

ryan85k, gambling is obviously not your forte.8-1 for a 1-0 win is decent odds considering the frequency of the scoreline. All of the 12 scorelines you mention aren''t equally likely to occur are they? Would you for example be more confident of winning if you had 10 quid on 1-0 rather than on 4-4?As for who I want to win, normally I''d want Barça to win, but I think it''s in the best long-term interests of football for Man Utd to win and for they or any other English clubs to win the CL consistently until UEFA finally does something about the financial power they wield. Once there are some limits on our domestic football, then perhaps the English can start reclaiming their own game and have a more competitive league than the current boring tosh.