Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Good Luck Manchester United

Proberly a post that i''ll get slated for, if any other team in England (except the Scum) played Man Utd, i would favour the other team, however in Europe, they are an English side, and i wish them well.  I''m actually really looking forward to the match.

I am with you on this.  I will always support an English team against the rest of the world.

Having said that, would prefer a 5-4 win for Barca to the 1-0 bore-win I think Man U might get.

isn''t it funny how everyone hates Moan utd yet "supports" them in europe as they are representing britain.. its all a load of Tosh isn''t it? they will win the game and you will all go back to hating them next week.

go back to the old knockout format so we can have shock winners like Red star Belgrade and Steaue Bucharest did... but then the big teams dont liket up em do they, its not a football tournament, its a mickey mouse competition

jas :)

Don''t get me wrong Jas, i really admire the way Man Utd play football and the depth of there squad, they do have money to spend, but they seem to be responsible with there cash.  They certainly try and bring the youth acadamy into their game, and with success.  I always support the under dog, but if it was Man Utd v Chelsea tonight, i''d still favour Utd.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Don''t get me wrong Jas, i really admire the way Man Utd play football and the depth of there squad, they do have money to spend, but they seem to be responsible with there cash.  They certainly try and bring the youth acadamy into their game, and with success.  I always support the under dog, but if it was Man Utd v Chelsea tonight, i''d still favour Utd.[/quote]

Not sure you can call a club responsible with cash when they have debts of half a billion pounds....

Normally I would always support the English team, but will be backing Barca tonight. The amount of stick i''ve been getting off glory hunting United fans recently...

I have never hated Manure, I have always liked them and love watching them play, I would rather them win than Liverpool any day of the week.

Come on Utd, beat the Barca and stick it up the jealous fans in the country.

Since we went down I''ve become bitter and want everyone else in England to feel our pain.  I was in Newcastle on the weekend hoping they would go down, hoping Man U will lose so that my friends who support them won''t be TOO smug.  Let them all share a little bit in our pain!

[quote user="nickscottlachey"]Normally I would always support the English team, but will be backing Barca tonight. The amount of stick i''ve been getting off glory hunting United fans recently...[/quote]

the plastic utd fans are another reason i want Barca to win!

Well I''m stuck between not liking Barcelona and their diving but equally I cannot stomach tjhe prospect of Man Utd winning. I dislike everyone I know as Man Utd fans because they know NOTHING of football to the extent of not even knowing we were in the Championship. To me, many Man Utd ''fans'' are certainly not fans of football.

Barca are a joy to watch, are owned by the fans and are a community club in the truest sense. United are an American owned money making machine many of whose "fans" have never been to Old Trafford. Not to difficult to establish my loyalties in this one.

I think Utd will probably win it, they''re the stronger side.

Barca play some good football and they''re got plenty of threats going forward but they''re not great defensively.

I hate the glory hunting Barca fans and there are more of them than Manure fans. The ''I love the way Barca play, oh gosh there so nice, the fans are the best and we pay and spend more than most teams'' fans get on my nerves.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Will be cheering for Barcelona tonight, hate Man-ure and their arrogant purple faced manager with a passion  [:)][/quote]

Hooray!

Arrogant and purple faced manager who actually deserves to be arrogant with his talent and track record.

Surely, Rafa at Liverpool has over taken Fergie in that stakes?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I have never hated Manure, I have always liked them and love watching them play, I would rather them win than Liverpool any day of the week.

Come on Utd, beat the Barca and stick it up the jealous fans in the country.

[/quote]

im against that [N]

Liverpool, for me!!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I hate the glory hunting Barca fans and there are more of them than Manure fans. The ''I love the way Barca play, oh gosh there so nice, the fans are the best and we pay and spend more than most teams'' fans get on my nerves.[/quote]I''m with you on this, Beds... its oh-so-popular to say you hate United and their plastic fans, especially when their opponents are so fashionable (does that not make all you lot supporting Barca ''plastic''?).  God knows I''ve bashed them enough in the past, but Chelsea are the insipid ones these days.  Maybe working on Trafford Park for a whole summer and meeting the true United fans - the bread-and-butter, Manchester born, proper fan - has alleviated things somewhat?Anyways, the fact is, United have been the best team in the world these past two seasons at least and their array of attacking talent going up against Barca''s own front line is enough to make anyone''s mouth water.  But for me, United will edge it - hopefully it''ll be full of spectacle and entertainment along the way....

Dnt care at all about all that ''glory hunting fans'' b****x, english club with a fair few english players in it compared to the rest of the top england teams, i hope they do win. Everyone thinks barca are favourites and sure their attack is amazing, but defensivly they are seriously average and especially now with alves and abidal out.

Gonna be a few goals i reckon...2-1 united.....good luck to them

Would rather watch Utd than Barca any day of the week, they play the best football in the world, both offensive and defensive, unlike the gung-ho stuff Barca are only capable of.

I''m a Manc for a day!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="nickscottlachey"]Normally I would always support the English team, but will be backing Barca tonight. The amount of stick i''ve been getting off glory hunting United fans recently...[/quote]

the plastic utd fans are another reason i want Barca to win!

[/quote]

I usually think you speak a fair amount of sense Jas but I think a lot of people enjoy watching Man Utd play to be honest. They are a shining example of introducing the right mix of youth and experience rather than sides such as Chelsea who would rather spend £20m on journeymen. I am assuming the fans you are referring to are those who will rubbish teams such as Norwich rather than those like myself who enjoy watching them?

The other thing is that Barca have just as many plastic fans as Man Utd.

At the end of the day I think United''s attack will be too strong for Barca''s shoddy defence anyways.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Will be cheering for Barcelona tonight, hate Man-ure and their arrogant purple faced manager with a passion  [:)][/quote]

Agree with you 100% WAY, and to be honest I really dont know if I can be bothered to watch it, especially as it''s got cr*ppy ITV coverage.

I expect Spanish fans who don''t support Barcelona would say they hate Barcelona for being arrogant but everyone connected with Man Utd  have got the art down to a fine tee. Man Utd have far too much influence in the game both on and off the field and I''m really hoping they get beaten tonight.

And anyway let''s all admit that there''s no sweeter sight than watching Ronaldo blub..... 

I''m totally amazed at the pure hate directed at Man Utd, it seems to me that most of the hate for the team is directed at their fans, who cares about the plastic fans, they may say that they support Man Utd, but 99% of them will have never seen them play live and will never know what it is to have the adrenalin of following a club that suffers the glory (however brief) and the pain of a average domestic club.  Man Utd have this fan base because the success of the club over the last 10 years.  The actual football club can not surely be blamed for that.  They do play good football and deserve the acolades.  Barcelona are a club that buy there success and are in a far greater debt than Man Utd. 

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]I''m totally amazed at the pure hate directed at Man Utd, it seems to me that most of the hate for the team is directed at their fans, who cares about the plastic fans, they may say that they support Man Utd, but 99% of them will have never seen them play live and will never know what it is to have the adrenalin of following a club that suffers the glory (however brief) and the pain of a average domestic club.  Man Utd have this fan base because the success of the club over the last 10 years.  The actual football club can not surely be blamed for that.  They do play good football and deserve the acolades.  Barcelona are a club that buy there success and are in a far greater debt than Man Utd. [/quote]

Have to agree with that