Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

More rumours from the transfer rumours site....

These i can believe:

Norwich City are set to announce fresh investment in the form of two local businessmen. These businessmen are not multi–millionaires, but will provide City with a small transfer budget.

Manager Gunn will use this budget to build a team based around youth. Gunn was at St Mirren vs Hamilton game on Saturday, watching Brian Easton and James McArthur. Ebbsfleet Utd''s Darius Charles is reported to be a target and forum rumours are linking the club to Colchester''s out of favour England U18 international Medy Elito.

On the way out is winger Lee Croft, with Sammy Clingan and Darrel Russell both rumoured to have instructed agents to look for new clubs. Jon Otsemobor, Dejan Stefanovic, Adam Drury, Jamie Cureton and Matty Pattison have all been told they''re free to leave the club – either because they''re on high wages or simply not wanted. Simon Lappin and Stuart Nelson have both been offered new deals, with Nelson and Rudd expected to battle it out for the no. 1 shirt vacated by David Marshall.

[quote user="The Chirp"]only thing that would suprise me is drury going... the rest i can see happening though.
[/quote]

Why? He''s constantly injured and is the highest earning player on the books

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]only thing that would suprise me is drury going... the rest i can see happening though.[/quote]

Why? He''s constantly injured and is the highest earning player on the books

[/quote]id take 2/3 million every day of the week!spot on!

Wow the tea boys found a few diamonds there , next stop league 2.

I doubt very much that many of the players have been told they can leave for free at this point in time.I could see Cureton and Pattison being told to find new clubs as both must be high earners that have not really justified it. Stefanovic I would doubt unless they are confident in getting in a new defender as he has alread stated publicly that he would rather stay than leave and hinted that he may even consider redrawing his contract. Drury I also doubt unless there is more to his injuries than we know about. Otsemobor is another I am curious about as at this level I am confident he would do well.Altogether if you add that lot together we are pretty much left with nothing in the way of experience other than Doherty, Lappin and Nelson. I very much doubt all of those players will be going.

[quote user="colneycanary"]These i can believe: Norwich City are set to announce fresh investment in the form of two local businessmen. These businessmen are not multi–millionaires, but will provide City with a small transfer budget. Manager Gunn will use this budget to build a team based around youth. Gunn was at St Mirren vs Hamilton game on Saturday, watching Brian Easton and James McArthur. Ebbsfleet Utd''s Darius Charles is reported to be a target and forum rumours are linking the club to Colchester''s out of favour England U18 international Medy Elito. On the way out is winger Lee Croft, with Sammy Clingan and Darrel Russell both rumoured to have instructed agents to look for new clubs. Jon Otsemobor, Dejan Stefanovic, Adam Drury, Jamie Cureton and Matty Pattison have all been told they''re free to leave the club – either because they''re on high wages or simply not wanted. Simon Lappin and Stuart Nelson have both been offered new deals, with Nelson and Rudd expected to battle it out for the no. 1 shirt vacated by David Marshall.[/quote]

...but what about these...

Due to Norwich City''s impending finacial meltdown,expect major changes in the playing department.As my nephew is neighbours with Bryan Gunn this is what his plans are:
Wes Hoolehan to be snapped up by Reading,they were interested last season before Norwich signed him,Garry Doherty to Sunderland,Niall Quinn is a big fan from his Spurs days,(Mark Hughes has an liking for him too!)and Jamie Cureton is on a free to whoever will take him(Norwich can''t afford his wages no more).
Expect to see Jose Baxter from Everton joining on a seasons loan(moyes wants him to develop and sees Norwich as an ideal place),Leeroy Lita to arrive on a free,he was very impressed with the club and coaching staff during his loan and finally Jason Shakkell to sign,he never settled at Wolves and has ageed to a huge wage cut

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]These i can believe: Norwich City are set to announce fresh investment in the form of two local businessmen. These businessmen are not multi–millionaires, but will provide City with a small transfer budget. Manager Gunn will use this budget to build a team based around youth. Gunn was at St Mirren vs Hamilton game on Saturday, watching Brian Easton and James McArthur. Ebbsfleet Utd''s Darius Charles is reported to be a target and forum rumours are linking the club to Colchester''s out of favour England U18 international Medy Elito. On the way out is winger Lee Croft, with Sammy Clingan and Darrel Russell both rumoured to have instructed agents to look for new clubs. Jon Otsemobor, Dejan Stefanovic, Adam Drury, Jamie Cureton and Matty Pattison have all been told they''re free to leave the club – either because they''re on high wages or simply not wanted. Simon Lappin and Stuart Nelson have both been offered new deals, with Nelson and Rudd expected to battle it out for the no. 1 shirt vacated by David Marshall.[/quote]

Due to Norwich City''s impending finacial meltdown,expect major changes in the playing department.As my nephew is neighbours with Bryan Gunn this is what his plans are:Wes Hoolehan to be snapped up by Reading,they were interested last season before Norwich signed him,Garry Doherty to Sunderland,Niall Quinn is a big fan from his Spurs days,(Mark Hughes has an liking for him too!)and Jamie Cureton is on a free to whoever will take him(Norwich can''t afford his wages no more).Expect to see Jose Baxter from Everton joining on a seasons loan(moyes wants him to develop and sees Norwich as an ideal place),Leeroy Lita to arrive on a free,he was very impressed with the club and coaching staff during his loan and finally Jason Shakkell to sign,he never settled at Wolves and has ageed to a huge wage cut

[/quote]That all sounds good to me.  Otsemobor''s joining Newcastle on a free transfer, I heard.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Due to Norwich City''s impending finacial meltdown,expect major changes in the playing department.As my nephew is neighbours with Bryan Gunn this is what his plans are:
Wes Hoolehan to be snapped up by Reading,they were interested last season before Norwich signed him,Garry Doherty to Sunderland,Niall Quinn is a big fan from his Spurs days,(Mark Hughes has an liking for him too!)and Jamie Cureton is on a free to whoever will take him(Norwich can''t afford his wages no more).
Expect to see Jose Baxter from Everton joining on a seasons loan(moyes wants him to develop and sees Norwich as an ideal place),Leeroy Lita to arrive on a free,he was very impressed with the club and coaching staff during his loan and finally Jason Shakkell to sign,he never settled at Wolves and has ageed to a huge wage cut

[/quote]

That all sounds good to me.  Otsemobor''s joining Newcastle on a free transfer, I heard.
[/quote]

I also couldn''t help listening in on a conversation between Alex Furgeson and Arsene Wenger as they apperared to be attempting a mutual agreement as to who would snap up free-agent Mark Fotheringham, whilst the other takes a gamble on Robert Eagle.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Due to Norwich City''s impending finacial meltdown,expect major changes in the playing department.As my nephew is neighbours with Bryan Gunn this is what his plans are:Wes Hoolehan to be snapped up by Reading,they were interested last season before Norwich signed him,Garry Doherty to Sunderland,Niall Quinn is a big fan from his Spurs days,(Mark Hughes has an liking for him too!)and Jamie Cureton is on a free to whoever will take him(Norwich can''t afford his wages no more).Expect to see Jose Baxter from Everton joining on a seasons loan(moyes wants him to develop and sees Norwich as an ideal place),Leeroy Lita to arrive on a free,he was very impressed with the club and coaching staff during his loan and finally Jason Shakkell to sign,he never settled at Wolves and has ageed to a huge wage cut

[/quote]

Doherty to Sunderland!?  [:P]

I swear I''m living in a parallel universe.

Keep it real you lot.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Doherty to Sunderland!?  [:P]

I swear I''m living in a parallel universe.

Keep it real you lot.[/quote]

Come on you lot! This is your chance to say "it was a joke, Shyster."   [:P]

oh so another scotland team! brings back memories of peter grant!

[quote user="Normal for Norfolk"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re going down again! and thats not a rumour![/quote]

nope it''s just you being melodramatic
[/quote]

What? like last season you mean?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Normal for Norfolk"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re going down again! and thats not a rumour![/quote]nope it''s just you being melodramatic[/quote]

[/quote]is there any need to be so negative. we have a fresh start, hopefully we can build a decent squad and achieve something maybe not this season but in a few years

[quote user="Normal for Norfolk"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Normal for Norfolk"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re going down again! and thats not a rumour![/quote]

nope it''s just you being melodramatic
[/quote]

[/quote]

is there any need to be so negative. we have a fresh start, hopefully we can build a decent squad and achieve something maybe not this season but in a few years
[/quote]

Jeez, you really believe and would accept that?..... [:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Normal for Norfolk"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Normal for Norfolk"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re going down again! and thats not a rumour![/quote]nope it''s just you being melodramatic[/quote]

[/quote]is there any need to be so negative. we have a fresh start, hopefully we can build a decent squad and achieve something maybe not this season but in a few years [/quote]

Jeez, you really believe and would accept that?..... [:S]

[/quote]why not? its better that constantly moaning and being negative

How do we have a fresh start ? same drink fuelled clueless old woman and her hubby running the show , same oddjob man playing at manager , same story of we cannot afford any players , everything seems just the same as always to me only worse.

we''re in a division that some of our youth players can play in. bryan gunn inherited a shell of a team and did what he could with little time and money, and unlike roeder i actually agreed with most of his team selections. feel we will not be in a relegation fight next year ( but hey that''s me being positive and i know how you all hate this) meaning we can take time to build a squad even if it is with a low budget, look what burnley achieved.

Our youth players wont be good enough for league 1 , Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history and this club will go nowhere while Smith is still breathing .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Our youth players wont be good enough for league 1 , Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history and this club will go nowhere while Smith is still breathing .[/quote]that is simply not fair or true he''s been incharge for how long? what has he done worse than peter grant. Also do u go to many youth matches?

Hamilton have turned down a large bid from Celtic for McArthur, we can''t afford him and he wouldn''t come here anyway-its as much a fantasy linking him with us, as it was Lita again at the end of the season. Non-starter and consequently halts any credence to the story. Besides, seriously, would *anyone* who had any true inside knowledge on football and football clubs and transfers post it on that site?And for any posts that say "why wouldn''t he come here?", the answer is-We''re shit, skint, in the 3rd division and have nothing to offer him and no-one here who might be able to help him better his career. Celtic want him, and he is a Celtic fan.

Gunn is without a shadow of doubt the worst manager in this clubs history and he will be sacked before xmas next season , no dont go to many youth matches but you dont need to be a genius to know kids wont cut it in a league 1 football , they just wont be up to it physically .Will Martin and Spillane even be capable of making the step up from league 2 , i doubt it .