Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Pre-Season Friendly - Crystal Palace v Norwich City, Tuesday 28th July 2009

I think it''s great that one of the CHAMPIONSHIP clubs will play us.

Big honour for a first division club. Will be like a cup final for us![:''(]

I think there''s a good possibility that the friendly may have something to do with a contract clause when/if Hoolahan joins them!

It does sound pretty odd but I''m never gonna rule it out!

I went to a reserve match at Selhurst Park a few years ago, and the robbing baskets tried to charge me £5 to get in. I managed to blag my way in for free and sat in the main stand (it’s the one opposite where we have sat), and it’s as run down and nasty as the away end.

There are very few benefits of League One football, but not going to Selhurst Park is definitely one of them.

They have given us the newer Croydon Advertiser Stand, the small one behind the supermarket end of the ground, not the usual woodern seated Arthur Wait.

If it is the newer stand at least I wont need me wellies to have a leak!Possibly been set up as a pre season friendly to prepare our players for the sh***y grounds we visit next season.

Personally I find this embaressing that we are playing these lot in a pre season friendly. How about Peterborough or Scunthorpe aswell?

[quote user="Soldier on"]hmm bet this has soething to do with the Lee/Hoolahan situation.. all will be revealed im guessing[/quote]Thats exactly what I thought when I heard this news.[8] ALAN LEE IS ONE OF US [8]I loved singing that song as we walked through Scum land [:)][Y]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1666924,00.html

Tickets for this match will be priced at £15 for adults and £5 for under-16s and senior citizens. There will also be a family ticket priced at £32 (two adults and two juniors with the ability to add further under-16 concessions at £1 each).

WTf £15 for adults :S

it wont have anything to do with a possible hoolie transfer, if it was it would have been at carrow road. it would be like giving them a incentive to sign wes........(hang on........)

maybe it was part of the alan lee loan deal...

It wasn''t that long ago that this was a premiership fixture :''(How the mighty have fallen.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i bet palace fans are salivating at the thought.... will they even attract a crowd?

jas :)

[/quote]

almost certainly not. I shall go I suspect, can''t possibly survive without a trip to Smelhurt Park...