Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

best away trip next year???

Brighton away if it falls on a weekend early in the season, they play in a car park but the city is full of great pubs and a weekend at the seaside with football thrown in sounds like fun to me! Millwall will be great because I live in SE London about a mile from the New Den and know a lot of Lions fans, and NO they''re not all they''re cracked up to be by any stretch of the imagination, we''ll probably have more fans at the game than them anyway.

Other than that they''re supposed to serve some pretty tasty curry goat and jerk chicken at Leyton Orient and I''ve never been to Elland Road so it would be cool to go away there.

Carlisle - Hopefully at the start or end of the season, an tie it in with a trip to the Lakes.Hartlepool - Never been. Small away end.Exeter - Terracing and a good night out.Stockport - My mates cousin plays for them.Yeovil - Terracing and haven''t been since 2001 with Hayes in the Conference.Southend - Never been.I was at Wycombe in 1995. Ended up on the pitch after the game. I can clearly remember a wycombe fan ending up with a bucket on his head (nothing sinister, someone threw it and it just came down right on his head!).

[quote user="shefcanary"]For me its Stockport, only one stop on the train from Sheff.  Shit ground but surely 3 points!  The Galpharm and Elland Road are the only other ones I can do with minimal fuss and drinkability![/quote]

Hey Shefcanary,

Are you going to be with the prawn sandwich brigade again?  All going well I should be at Stockport too.

They will all be utterly glum... stuffed at Yeovil, stuffed at Hartlepool, Stuffed at Carlisle, Stuffed at Exeter, Stuffed at Wycombe etc etc etc.

TFA, it might happen but not counting on it as our bank manager has changed, but well done for remembering my previous excursion, you have the memory of an elephant sir, no wonder you spout such marvels about off the pitch investment!  So if it means standing out in the rain, bring it on!  Nice pint or two of Lees around the corner and we won''t feel a thing!

[quote user="SouthendCanary"]Brighton you can''t see the opposite goal from the away end [/quote]Eh? How does that work???

Milwall : Never been to the new den, and fancy a lively game with some good banter!

Brighton: Make a good weekend of it, have loads of mates there!

Leyotn Orient: Goat curry!

O.T.B.C

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Leyton Orient is on the tube from Liverpool street so will be a great day out! i dont get to away games now but i really fancy Brisbane road!

jas :)

[/quote]

I used to live not that far from Brisbane Road, and ventured there a few times to watch The Orient go round. It’s a nice club, with generally nice fans. Brisbane Road is a nice little ground too, which unfortunately has been ruined by them selling all 4 corners of the ground to build blocks of flats.

You think a Holiday Inn in one corner is bad (and it is), wait until you see peoples hanging clothes on their airers while watching the game.

[quote user="nu_matik"]

Milwall : Never been to the new den, and fancy a lively game with some good banter!

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

You wont get much banter at Millwall, in fact apart from on the train you wont see a Millwall fan .  You get your own end and your own train station!

[quote user="nu_matik"]

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

Goat Curry....WTF?????

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="nu_matik"]

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

Goat Curry....WTF?????

[/quote]

I love curried goat as well but your breathe stinks for days.

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="nu_matik"]

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

Goat Curry....WTF?????

[/quote]

On the way to the ground near the train station is awicked takeaway that does goat curry..

Ithink they also have some similar stuff on sale at the ground?

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="nu_matik"]

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

You wont get much banter at Millwall, in fact apart from on the train you wont see a Millwall fan .  You get your own end and your own train station!

[/quote]

Im a bit gutted about that..is it a whole seperate stand for the away fans? Bummer if so... how close are the away fans then?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Exeter away
[/quote]

exeter away, totally agree, proper old school stand no cover, hopefully itl be -10, raining and windy. Proper football support that is... 

[quote user="cockers85"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Exeter away
[/quote]

exeter away, totally agree, proper old school stand no cover, hopefully itl be -10, raining and windy. Proper football support that is... 

[/quote]

Bit of horizontal sleet too, bare chested, frozen stiff, chased down the back alleys afterwards by the pitchforked locals, fortnight off sick.......and play cr*p and lose 1-0.

Who needs a poncy seat in the dry ?

Looking forward to the old school grounds like Exeter and Hartlepool. Brentford will be great for me as its less than 30 minutes away. Wouldn''t mind Carlisle so much if its the day before a Rangers home game as I''d be able to do both games.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="nu_matik"]

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you take the tube to Surrey Quays or Bermondsey and walk.

But banter with a millwall fan?  Surely he is having a laugh???

Def goint to Carlisle and exter just to say I''ve done it!!!