Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

best away trip next year???

for me its any london game as a few drinks on the train and no driving which is nice. there are a few more london games in league one.... charlton, orient, brentwood and possibly millwall.

i know so many fans are looking forward to yeovil, exeter and carlisle NOT!!

CTID OTBC

Think you mean Brentford but either way I''d rather do Yeovil away than Millwall away[+o(]

Friendly lot at Yeovil (bonkers trumpeter) and proper cider for those who like that sort of thing.

Leyton Orient is on the tube from Liverpool street so will be a great day out! i dont get to away games now but i really fancy Brisbane road!

jas :)

[quote user="glove1"]

for me its any london game as a few drinks on the train and no driving which is nice. there are a few more london games in league one.... charlton, orient, brentwood and possibly millwall.

CTID OTBC

[/quote]

brentwood / brentford...same thing!! lol.

last time i went to  brisbane rd was on that glorius night in 72 was a heap of a ground in those days cant think its improved but may be going again next year

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]last time i went to  brisbane rd was on that glorius night in 72 was a heap of a ground in those days cant think its improved but may be going again next year[/quote]

Three new stands - I doubt you will recognise it.  It is all seater now.

[quote user="MCWILL"]Wallsall on the coach sounds good to me! Also wouldn''t mind going to Elland Road either.[/quote]

Brentford.........Pub on all four corners of the ground

Leyton is a shit hole. Just thought I would share that with you.

I fancy going to MK.

Here is a choice for youlot, if you had a choice of going up as champions or as winning play off finalists, what would you choose?

[quote user="jim blair"]

[quote user="MCWILL"]Wallsall on the coach sounds good to me! Also wouldn''t mind going to Elland Road either.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like the BEST away ground then!

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

Sounds like the BEST away ground then!

[/quote]

I''ll second that!

best away trip next year??For me, it''s gotta be Swindon !  I''m sure you will agree, after you have stood on that Stratton bank in the pouring rain !

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Leyton is a shit hole. Just thought I would share that with you.

I fancy going to MK.

Here is a choice for youlot, if you had a choice of going up as champions or as winning play off finalists, what would you choose?

[/quote]

OUr team record of choking in "must win" games tells me we HAVE to get promoted via automatic, not playoffs.  Hell, we went 1-0 up vs Birmingham in overtime and still managed to lose that one.  Our last couple of "must wins" this year were dismal. Fulham anyone?

Any of the grounds that I have not yet done, but esp Wycombe - as most of my mates did that one in the cup in 1995. I did not.

wycombes the one im looking forward to cos i live there and most of my mates are wycombe fans, hell theyre my second team as well. But knowing us we''ll lose against them -  i think we tend to struggle against the crapper teams for some reason, maybe its the greater expectation. grounds not that bad as well but not one for banter, the terrace end is the opposite goal to the away end so its hard to hear. good atmosphere guaranteed even though the ground wont be filled out the jewson (most lively stand and terrace) will be packed and hopefully the away end will be to. also i think three lungs still plays for them. i will certainly give him a clap cos compared to our current midfield he was a god. otbc!also looking forward to leeds away as i go to uni there. theres nothing like the atmosphere on away matches (apart from the scum) where most people have had to travel miles to support the team.

I went to Brisbane road a couple of years ago (Orient 0 Yeovil 0) and they have flats in the corner of the ground. You get people sitting on the balconys watching the match on deck chairs.

I went to Orient twice last season, when Norwich were away, cos I went to see Cavey and Ryan play. The ground is not bad, easy to find, the away section looks a bit tatty but I sat in the Home bit, right behind the away dugout. They have a nice players lounge though, probably nicer then Norwich''s!

I''m most looking forward to Southend, Brighton and Leeds away.

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="glove1"]

CTID OTBC

[/quote]

brentwood / brentford...same thing!! lol.

[/quote]

Don''t worry - we''re probably only a few seasons away from visiting Brentwood!

For me its Stockport, only one stop on the train from Sheff.  Shit ground but surely 3 points!  The Galpharm and Elland Road are the only other ones I can do with minimal fuss and drinkability!

[quote user="chris_sabian"]wycombes the one im looking forward to cos i live there and most of my mates are wycombe fans, hell theyre my second team as well. But knowing us we''ll lose against them -  i think we tend to struggle against the crapper teams for some reason, maybe its the greater expectation. grounds not that bad as well but not one for banter, the terrace end is the opposite goal to the away end so its hard to hear. good atmosphere guaranteed even though the ground wont be filled out the jewson (most lively stand and terrace) will be packed and hopefully the away end will be to. also i think three lungs still plays for them. i will certainly give him a clap cos compared to our current midfield he was a god. otbc!also looking forward to leeds away as i go to uni there. theres nothing like the atmosphere on away matches (apart from the scum) where most people have had to travel miles to support the team.[/quote]

Same here my friend from school is a wycombe season ticket holder so I''m looking forward to it.

I fancy MK, Colchester and Southend, purely coz they''re not too far. Leeds could be good too, as its one of our only chances to visit a decent sized stadium next season.

hey Terry, we''re still getting bigger crowds than you, and you know what? we will be getting bigger crowds than you next season, because your support is s**te

Carlisle is a nightmare trip

Brighton you can''t see the opposite goal from the away end

Colchester has an awful atmosphere

Roots Hall (Southend) isn''t the best stadium by a long shot but in the away end the players hear every word you say, very close to the pitch and a good atmosphere

[quote user="SouthendCanary"]Carlisle is a nightmare trip Brighton you can''t see the opposite goal from the away end Colchester has an awful atmosphere Roots Hall (Southend) isn''t the best stadium by a long shot but in the away end the players hear every word you say, very close to the pitch and a good atmosphere[/quote]

Relax SC...........

If we get them early in the fixtures just go to The New Den and start bad-mouthing the hosts. Chances are you''ll end up hospitalised for the whole season so won''t need to worry about all those other crappy trips....