Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?

[/quote]

This is a great question and deserves an answer.
[/quote]

It would have been a "great question" possibly had it ever been asked.  But sadly, it wasn''t.

Don''t let me stop you.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Thank you Tilly.

I''m guessing the trapdoors under your and Mr Blowers seats weren''t completed in time for the meeting then.[:)]
[/quote]

These meetings are run by the Chairman assisted by the Chief Executive so i think that gives you the reason for the cancelled date of 18th.I think the club had forgotten which seats had been fitted with trapdoors and they could not run the risk of LQ accidentally sitting on the wrong one.By the way there is a contender who posts on this messageboard to have a third seat fitted.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?[/quote]This is a great question and deserves an answer.[/quote]

It would have been a "great question" possibly had it ever been asked.  But sadly, it wasn''t.

Don''t let me stop you.

[/quote]Cam, I''m not quite sure what you are trying to achieve but perhaps you could wind your neck in on this one.I know someone who sits on the SCG, and they were adamant the question was asked in a recent meeting.  Not May''s meeting, clearly, as this was cancelled (I have though seen the flurry of emails between participants asking whether an EGM should be called - they decided not).  I would like LQ to tell us which meeting it was raised in, and what the votes for and against Gunn''s appointment were.

[quote user="cityangel"]Bumped for LQ.[/quote]

Strange isn''t it. She''s normally all over the board like a rash. Perhaps she''s been recalled to the bunker for debriefing and further orders.....

[quote user="cityangel"]Do ColU have a supporters group Cam and do you get as involved with them as you do with ours??[/quote]For heavens sake CA give it a rest, your like a bloody broken record.  If you think Cam is childish then just ignore him, if you think he is baiting you then rise above it, otherwise you look just as sad.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Strange isn''t it. She''s normally all over the board like a rash. Perhaps she''s been recalled to the bunker for debriefing and further orders.....

[/quote]

Thats a naughty suggestion by you Beauseant [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?[/quote]This is a great question and deserves an answer.[/quote]

Don''t let me stop you.

[/quote]Cam, I''m not quite sure what you are trying to achieve but perhaps you could wind your neck in on this one.I know someone who sits on the SCG, and they were adamant the question was asked in a recent meeting.  Not May''s meeting, clearly, as this was cancelled (I have though seen the flurry of emails between participants asking whether an EGM should be called - they decided not).  I would like LQ to tell us which meeting it was raised in, and what the votes for and against Gunn''s appointment were.[/quote]  I believe in one of Lqs posts either on here or on the official site messageboard she stated she was genuinely surprised the Board had gone down the route of reappointing Bryan Gunn , which rather suggests if there was such a vote it had gone against Gunn.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t let me stop you.

[/quote]

Cam, I''m not quite sure what you are trying to achieve but perhaps you could wind your neck in on this one.

I know someone who sits on the SCG, and they were adamant the question was asked in a recent meeting.  Not May''s meeting, clearly, as this was cancelled (I have though seen the flurry of emails between participants asking whether an EGM should be called - they decided not).  I would like LQ to tell us which meeting it was raised in, and what the votes for and against Gunn''s appointment were.

[/quote]

Interesting Mister.

But we don''t have to wait for LQ do we? Can''t Tilly tell us?

Bump it for Tilly Angel[;)]

I am a little concerned that a group of people, who I thought were there to look after the fans interests in ticketing and travel etc. (And doing a good job I might add), now have an influence in football matters.

Oh and BTW, what''s the criteria for posting on this message board and poking your nose into Norwich City''s business? Should an interest in other clubs be declared[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Don''t let me stop you.

[/quote]Cam, I''m not quite sure what you are trying to achieve but perhaps you could wind your neck in on this one.I know someone who sits on the SCG, and they were adamant the question was asked in a recent meeting.  Not May''s meeting, clearly, as this was cancelled (I have though seen the flurry of emails between participants asking whether an EGM should be called - they decided not).  I would like LQ to tell us which meeting it was raised in, and what the votes for and against Gunn''s appointment were.[/quote]

Interesting Mister.

I am a little concerned that a group of people, who I thought were there to look after the fans interests in ticketing and travel etc. (And doing a good job I might add), now have an influence in football matters.

[/quote]

All I know is this much:

At an SCG meeting between February and April, the SCG attendees were asked to state what they would think if Bryan Gunn was made manager beyond the end of the season.  Unusually for the SCG, this was done on an individual by individual, round the table basis.  It was this unusual means of asking for opinions which led to the SCG member telling me this as they remarked it was "very unusual" behaviour in what is usually a discussion forum.

Now, I would very much like this confirmed by someone else from the SCG but, as I say, I have absolutely no reason to doubt what I was told is true.

I suspect it was a litmus test, and at the time it was asked (February, perhaps) we were looking reasonably okay (beating Barnsley, points from Southampton and Wolves).  However, it does raise the question of whether the board were serious about appointing Bryan only until the end of the season or whether the plan was always to give him the job.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Thats a naughty suggestion by you Beauseant [:)]

[/quote]

Naughty but maybe true lol  [;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Ah well.

That''s what you get for replying to a post which states that the meeting was for ''proper'' supporters which implies that anyone who didn''t go isn''t.

It''s the old ''true fans'' scenario turned on its head, yet somehow it''s ok if it comes from the other side as it were.

Sorry, I''ve got no time for "true fans", "proper supporters" or anyone who only bashes a keyboard. All this divide and conquer stuff is just a joke to be honest - don''t we all want a successful team? Or is that dream only for the "proper supporters"?

[/quote]

If thats what you think I was doing then there really is no hope left for this club,  sensible post shot down by the " I''m right brigade............"

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t let me stop you.

[/quote]

Cam, I''m not quite sure what you are trying to achieve but perhaps you could wind your neck in on this one.

I know someone who sits on the SCG, and they were adamant the question was asked in a recent meeting.  Not May''s meeting, clearly, as this was cancelled (I have though seen the flurry of emails between participants asking whether an EGM should be called - they decided not).  I would like LQ to tell us which meeting it was raised in, and what the votes for and against Gunn''s appointment were.

[/quote]

Interesting Mister.

[/quote]

All I know is this much:

At an SCG meeting between February and April, the SCG attendees were asked to state what they would think if Bryan Gunn was made manager beyond the end of the season.  Unusually for the SCG, this was done on an individual by individual, round the table basis.  It was this unusual means of asking for opinions which led to the SCG member telling me this as they remarked it was "very unusual" behaviour in what is usually a discussion forum.

Now, I would very much like this confirmed by someone else from the SCG but, as I say, I have absolutely no reason to doubt what I was told is true.

I suspect it was a litmus test, and at the time it was asked (February, perhaps) we were looking reasonably okay (beating Barnsley, points from Southampton and Wolves).  However, it does raise the question of whether the board were serious about appointing Bryan only until the end of the season or whether the plan was always to give him the job.

[/quote]

This is certainly interesting Mister Chops, and it leads to other interesting questions.

• With such doubt raised within the fans as to the wisdom of the Bryan Gunn appointment why can your source, Mister Chops, having given you as much information as they did, not specify whether the alleged vote took place in February, March or April? The timing of when it occurred is certainly pertinent one would think.
  • LQ seems to have gone silent on this one.
  • Mr. Tilson ( rather cleverly I thought ) gave a response that stated if this question was raised in the "previous" meeting it must have got by him. Mr. Tilson, can you advise whether this question and vote took place at any SCG meeting, never mind if it was the ''previous" one? One would hope that being a member of the SCG group entitles one to feedback even if absent from a given meeting, and one would doubt the likelihood of being absent at such a precarious time for the club.
  • Cameldonum, asserts that no such question was asked. How does Cameldonum have access to such information and from whom?

Is it just me, or does anyone else think there is more to this than meets the inquiring eye?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t let me stop you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Interesting Mister.

[/quote]

All I know is this much:

[/quote]

So are you saying that this vote was instigated by the club? So it was like one of the club employees who was testing the water on behalf of their employers? Or was it one of the hand picked chosen few who dropped the paper into the acidic mix.

It''s strange this hasn''t been mentioned before. Are SCG members sworn to secrecy? Is what''s said left in the room behind masonic handshakes? I thought the Supporters Consultative Lodge only became a Secret Society at the height of Cullumgate.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I now wonder if our forward line was picked by the Royal and Ancient Society of East Coast Wizards earlier in the season.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

This is certainly interesting Mister Chops, and it leads to other interesting questions.

• With such doubt raised within the fans as to the wisdom of the Bryan Gunn appointment why can your source, Mister Chops, having given you as much information as they did, not specify whether the alleged vote took place in February, March or April? The timing of when it occurred is certainly pertinent one would think.
[/quote]It was a passing comment in a conversation we had at the end of April.  I didn''t consider it appropriate to push on specific dates or times - I have thought carefully before putting this in the public domain at all - and the person I spoke to was hazy with their timeline.  However it must have been after Gunn was in temporary charge and before May, which only leaves three months.  They did not give me *that* much information - all I know is that it was discussed.  I do not know the outcome or result.  However I am inclined to think it was a litmus test rather than sealing a done deal.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So are you saying that this vote was instigated by the club? So it was like one of the club employees who was testing the water on behalf of their employers?

[/quote]That is my understanding, yes.

I have done some research into the matter on behalf of primarily Mister Chops and Yankeecanary and it goes as follows..............................

There have been two SCG meetings since Bryan Gunn took charge,those dates being Monday 9th March and Monday 14th April.

I did not attend the meeting on 9th March but was present on 14th April so if this matter was discussed i suggest it took place at the March meeting as it most certainly did not in April.

The minutes of all SCG meetings are available to view on the club website and indeed those two dates are there right now for all to see.

The interesting item is item 6 on the agenda of the meeting of 9th March which surrounds the performance of the club and Board during the season so far and i can only put two and two together and suggest this is what Mister Chops is referring to.If a vote did take place i am sure i would have had some feedback as an absent SCG member.It is usual that if members are not going to be present and an important matter is going to be flagged up you are given the chance to have your input via e-mail or phone before the meeting.With regard to a vote taking place i have absolutely no knowledge of it at all and am therefore confident it did not take place.Maybe a discussion but a vote no.

I hope this is of help guys.

Thanks John.  I don''t think it was a formal vote, I think it was a round the table question where each person in turn was asked what they thought.  It wasn''t a "vote yes or no" scenario as I understand it.  Just seemed interesting to hear that''s what happened.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I have done some research into the matter on behalf of primarily Mister Chops and Yankeecanary and it goes as follows..............................

There have been two SCG meetings since Bryan Gunn took charge,those dates being Monday 9th March and Monday 14th April.

I did not attend the meeting on 9th March but was present on 14th April so if this matter was discussed i suggest it took place at the March meeting as it most certainly did not in April.

The minutes of all SCG meetings are available to view on the club website and indeed those two dates are there right now for all to see.

The interesting item is item 6 on the agenda of the meeting of 9th March which surrounds the performance of the club and Board during the season so far and i can only put two and two together and suggest this is what Mister Chops is referring to.If a vote did take place i am sure i would have had some feedback as an absent SCG member.It is usual that if members are not going to be present and an important matter is going to be flagged up you are given the chance to have your input via e-mail or phone before the meeting.With regard to a vote taking place i have absolutely no knowledge of it at all and am therefore confident it did not take place.Maybe a discussion but a vote no.

[/quote]

Thanks for the response John.

I''m puzzled by a number of comments on this thread.

Are people are seriously suggesting that the SCG had a major role in the appointment of BG? Personally, I somehow doubt it.

Are the SCG actively seeking to be the "fans representative" on the Board, as some have suggested? Again, I can''t find any evidence of this but I''m more than prepared to be enlightened.

I''m also puzzled by the apparent slight directed towards one apparent SCG member, especially as this seems to be from certain prominent members of NCISA! I thought you were suppose to offer a broad church of views, but this only seems to be when it suits!

[quote user="GMF"]

Are people are seriously suggesting that the SCG had a major role in the appointment of BG? Personally, I somehow doubt it.

Are the SCG actively seeking to be the "fans representative" on the Board, as some have suggested? Again, I can''t find any evidence of this but I''m more than prepared to be enlightened.

I''m also puzzled by the apparent slight directed towards one apparent SCG member, especially as this seems to be from certain prominent members of NCISA! I thought you were suppose to offer a broad church of views, but this only seems to be when it suits!

[/quote]

The answers to your first two points are a resounding no.The third point you raise is obviously aimed at me and a certain Miss Q.I am all for the broad church of views policy but i am not prepared to accept snide remarks and comments about my Association as has been done and also to me personally via this messageboard and even Facebook.Ring me up or meet me is my policy but the individual you refer to has not even responded to e-mails that i have sent directly to them regarding the issue they so plainly have with NCISA and myself.

Funny how threads change from the original to follow all sorts of differing patterns.

Can only hope that the Board of Directors at NCFC find ways of keeping to the point and sortin out the problems at our club.

[quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]I''m not suggesting that.  I just found it interesting that at an SCG meeting, a club rep asked each member what they thought about Gunn being appointed on a permanent basis.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

The answers to your first two points are a resounding no.The third point you raise is obviously aimed at me and a certain Miss Q.I am all for the broad church of views policy but i am not prepared to accept snide remarks and comments about my Association as has been done and also to me personally via this messageboard and even Facebook.Ring me up or meet me is my policy but the individual you refer to has not even responded to e-mails that i have sent directly to them regarding the issue they so plainly have with NCISA and myself.

[/quote] Having read some of her comments about you on messageboards its as clear as crystal she doesnt like you very much :-) Norwich City one big happy family .

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Thank you[Y]

It helps because you motivated me to take a look at the minutes from the two meetings you refer to. On 9th March the minutes state: "The performance of the Club and Board during the season 2008/09 and previous seasons was discussed. The future of the Football Club, and how that may differ depending on divisional status was also debated." Now I didn''t realise that this was a part of what happened at SCG meetings. I honestly believed it was all about fans being involved in the decision making about ticketing, travel, prices and other fan related stuff like that.

But to put it into the words of the late great Buddy Holly "I guess it doesn''t matter anymore" because in the April minutes there appears to have been some sort of bust up and it says "It was agreed that football matters should be removed from SCG agendas"

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]Having read some of her comments about you on messageboards its as clear as crystal she doesnt like you very much :-) Norwich City one big happy family .[/quote]That’s the thing about families – they argue all the time but love each other really!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Thank you[Y]

It helps because you motivated me to take a look at the minutes from the two meetings you refer to. On 9th March the minutes state: "The performance of the Club and Board during the season 2008/09 and previous seasons was discussed. The future of the Football Club, and how that may differ depending on divisional status was also debated." Now I didn''t realise that this was a part of what happened at SCG meetings. I honestly believed it was all about fans being involved in the decision making about ticketing, travel, prices and other fan related stuff like that.

But to put it into the words of the late great Buddy Holly "I guess it doesn''t matter anymore" because in the April minutes there appears to have been some sort of bust up and it says "It was agreed that football matters should be removed from SCG agendas"

[/quote]

I wonder if the SCG will continue now that Doomy''s been given his P45?  And what purpose it will serve... and whether the chairman of the NCISA can also sit on the SCG without a conflict of interest...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I wonder if the SCG will continue now that Doomy''s been given his P45?  And what purpose it will serve... and whether the chairman of the NCISA can also sit on the SCG without a conflict of interest...

[/quote]Why is there a conflict of interests?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

Why is there a conflict of interests?
[/quote]

A member of a supporters group appointed by Norwich City last night told fans to punish the club financially by claiming back a season ticket rebate in revenge for their relegation to the third tier of football for the first time in almost half a century

The member invited by the club to join the consultative group set up as feed back from fans to the football club booked St Andrew''s Hall in Norwich where nearly 500 supporters of the beleaguered club - former members of the Premier League and victors over Bayern Munich - protested at the appointment of Bryan (he has no hair) Gunn and then demanded that season ticket holders protest by cutting their financial support.

A spokesman for Delia Smith said: "No member of SCG has made any such suggestion to any meeting of the SCG regarding season ticket rebates that we are aware of. We will, of course, carefully, consider any such suggestions."

The Chairman of NCISA will either stand up and say all that at the next meeting of SCG or, yes, there is a conflict of interest.

I prefer to call it something else but, for the time being, we can go with "conflict of interests"[:|]