Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Why didn''t those that are now complaining that the feelings expressed at that meeting don''t represent the feelings of the majority make their views known at the meeting?

[/quote]

I don''t know why, probably because they like complaining like most on here. It''s amazing how many posters wait to come on here to complain about stuff and yet continually spurn the opportunity to complain when they could have a wider audience.

[quote user="LQ"]This is my favourite snippet from the NCISA homepage:

"NCISA exists to represent its members and all Norwich City fans."

Err nope. Not this one you don''t! I find all that a bit arrogant to be honest (but obviously love the bit about Tilson and co being available for the media at all times!)

And people wonder why I have an issue with all this?

[/quote]

I really can''t see why NCISA has become the centre of everyones hate, at least they are pro active as supporters, unlike many on here who can only be bothered to put hand to keypad.

Whilst I am not a member of NCISA i did attend the meeting at St Andrews Hall.

Since I had already made my mind up that I would NOT give the club my rebate money and I had little confidence in the board (Debts and League one Football) .

I simply Wanted to see If other supporters had the same strong feelings on the above issues as myself.

Where else could I go to get these views from supporters! certainly not the pink un messageboard who''m most posters just say something to get a response.

No I attended a meeting of supporters at St Andrews Hall which I travelled 30 miles. This meeting was made for proper supporters who ventured away from there keypads , I recognised fellow season ticket holders, share holders , young and old , In fact we had a broad range of our supporter base represented.

I can not ever recall this many of our supporters all in agreement. NCISA had no option with the amount of press coverage for this meeting than to issue a statement that represented  the views of the 500 or so that attended the meeting.

I leave with this thought - as single voice I have no say, as part of an army of voices we can have a strong influence on decisions made within the club.

As NCISA said at the meeting, come first ball of the new season we will all be behind gunn, even if the majority don''t agree with his appointment.

"This meeting was made for proper supporters who ventured away from there keypads"Only 4 - 500 ''proper'' supporters for this Club then? Wow, I hope they''ve all got season tickets! Is there a brick wall anywhere nearby because I seriously need to bang my head against it.And don''t even think about accusing me of not being proactive and only bashing away at a keyboard. You don''t have even the beginnings of an idea of what I do.

[quote user="LQ"]"This meeting was made for proper supporters who ventured away from there keypads"

Only 4 - 500 ''proper'' supporters for this Club then? Wow, I hope they''ve all got season tickets! Is there a brick wall anywhere nearby because I seriously need to bang my head against it.

And don''t even think about accusing me of not being proactive and only bashing away at a keyboard. You don''t have even the beginnings of an idea of what I do.

[/quote]

I think this is what you do for starters....

[quote user="LQ"]"This meeting was made for proper supporters who ventured away from there keypads"Only 4 - 500 ''proper'' supporters for this Club then? Wow, I hope they''ve all got season tickets! Is there a brick wall anywhere nearby because I seriously need to bang my head against it.And don''t even think about accusing me of not being proactive and only bashing away at a keyboard. You don''t have even the beginnings of an idea of what I do.[/quote]You see, this is the problem.People post on this messageboard that they are unhappy with the way the club is being run , and the answer is "it''s just a messageboard, it doesn''t represent anything."So NCISA organise a meeting which 500 people attend and fairly unanimously state they are unhappy with the way the club is being run.  The answer then is "oh wow, 500 people.  It doesn''t represent anything."The assumption in all of this seems to be that everybody who didn''t attend the meeting therefore supports the way the club is being run.  But that''s the weakest of arguments.LQ, from the posts you''ve made I can only determine you seem to feel that the owners & board can do pretty much what they like with Norwich City FC and we should be grateful that the club is still in existence.  I don''t understand why you would take this view as it appears to go against the free speech you enjoy with, amongst other things, your blog and whatever else it is that you do - which, apparently, is big potatoes.  I can''t quite see where you are coming from here.

[quote user="LQ"]"This meeting was made for proper supporters who ventured away from there keypads"

Only 4 - 500 ''proper'' supporters for this Club then? Wow, I hope they''ve all got season tickets! Is there a brick wall anywhere nearby because I seriously need to bang my head against it.

And don''t even think about accusing me of not being proactive and only bashing away at a keyboard. You don''t have even the beginnings of an idea of what I do.

[/quote]

True and most don''t realy care.

You can only advertise an open meeting if the majority of your "fans" can''t be bothered to attend and air their views then what?

Cancel the meeting or go ahead with the 5-600 who can be bothered and take that as a straw poll.

The range of people in attendence was what struck me old and young and believe me there was not any "rabble rousing" that I heard.

Those views were voted on and those "ideas" put forward to the club by way of a press release.

I have not seen anywhere that NCISA have said they represent the whole of the fan base, just as you can''t BUT at least they are making an effort to give that base a voice. Not in secret either.

Ah well.That''s what you get for replying to a post which states that the meeting was for ''proper'' supporters which implies that anyone who didn''t go isn''t.It''s the old ''true fans'' scenario turned on its head, yet somehow it''s ok if it comes from the other side as it were.Sorry, I''ve got no time for "true fans", "proper supporters" or anyone who only bashes a keyboard. All this divide and conquer stuff is just a joke to be honest - don''t we all want a successful team? Or is that dream only for the "proper supporters"?

[quote user="LQ"]Sorry, I''ve got no time for "true fans", "proper supporters" or anyone who only bashes a keyboard. All this divide and conquer stuff is just a joke to be honest - don''t we all want a successful team? Or is that dream only for the "proper supporters"?[/quote]Of course we do.  The fundamental disagreement isn''t whether or not we want a successful football team.  It is about how we, the supporters, can help to bring about a successful team.  The divide is along these lines, and is simplistically manipulated by both "sides":Side A says if you criticise the current regime at a time when they need support, then you are not a true supporter.Side B says if you stand by and do nothing while the club continues failing, you are not a true supporter.Side C says if you buy a season ticket, you are not a true supporter.Side D says if you buy a season ticket and claim your rebate, you are not a true supporter.

Side E says if you buy a season ticket and let the club have your rebate, you are not a true supporter.

People''s Front of Judea versus Judean People''s Front.And so on.  And so on.  Ad nauseum, even.The fact of the matter is; none of us know what the solution is.  Delia doesn''t know, MWJ doesn''t know.  Smudger doesn''t know, NCISA don''t know.  Munby and Doncaster don''t know, I don''t know and you don''t know either.  And in the absence of a clear strategy we can all unite behind, you are going to get this unfortunate schism running through the fan base.

[quote user="LQ"]Ah well.

That''s what you get for replying to a post which states that the meeting was for ''proper'' supporters which implies that anyone who didn''t go isn''t.

[/quote]

Where does anyone from NCISA say the meeting was only for proper supporters ?

I understand from this thread that LQ sits on the SCG.

Can LQ tell us how they gained this position? My understanding is that NCISA holds an AGM where all members can vote on who is on their committee for the next year. It follows that the membership can vote off any individuals if they feel it necessary.

Tell us LQ were you elected or selected? If selected, then by whom? Is anyone elected to the SCG?

Flying Canary - see the ''rebate'' thread

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/7/1694737/ShowPost.aspx#1694737

I think she answered those points there

This was her reply to save you looking.

LQ posted

First up I joined a couple of years ago after it was suggested that I should by a couple of friends on the offy forum. For info they and I hold very different view about how the Club is run but the remit as I understood it was to be able to get a point across effectively - whether that point is ones personal view or not. If anyone has ever asked me to raise something I have. The ''vacancies'' on the panel were advertised and I sent in my application. I was interviewed by two club officials and two fan members of the group - about four or five people joined when I did.

Thank you Cityangel.

I prefer the NCISA approach.

I would also prefer an SCG where fans could elect members. An alternative would be an SCG membership from NCFC supporter groups who could be elected by their membership.

I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?

[/quote]

An SCG meeting was scheduled to take place last Monday 18th but surprise surprise it was cancelled by the Club and no new date has been arranged.Sorry i cannot help with your question Mister Chops but if it was asked at the previous meeting it passed me by.The meeting that did not take place was to discuss the future of the SCG and its possible re-structuring.

[quote user="LQ"]And don''t even think about accusing me of not being proactive and only bashing away at a keyboard. You don''t have even the beginnings of an idea of what I do.

[/quote]

You mean you don''t patronise and belittle people on a full time basis, while attempting to assert your imagined superiority to everyone one on here who dares to hold an alternative opinion to you?

Badger, thanks for your reply - and I know I wasn''t exactly concise in my original post!

I can''t agree that the NCISA stance is "born of desperation" however - a less desperate gang than the NCISA committee would be hard to find. I would admit to "frustration".

This is not just at relegation, it is to do with the lack of communication with the club since the appointment of Bryan Gunn. I shall be forced to start "bring back Neil" campaign - at least he used to reply to my emails!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="LQ"]And don''t even think about accusing me of not being proactive and only bashing away at a keyboard. You don''t have even the beginnings of an idea of what I do.

[/quote]

You mean you don''t patronise and belittle people on a full time basis, while attempting to assert your imagined superiority to everyone one on here who dares to hold an alternative opinion to you?

[/quote]

Mike Walker once said at a NCISA forum that anybody at Carrow Road can have an opinion as long as it is Delia''s.Sound familar Beauseant?

Probably explains a lot don''t you think ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mike Walker once said at a NCISA forum that anybody at Carrow Road can have an opinion as long as it is Delia''s.Sound familar Beauseant?

[/quote]

I''m starting to suspect that LQ''s role may well involve writing cook books Tilly!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m starting to suspect that LQ''s role may well involve writing cook books Tilly!

[/quote]

No Beau just a well trained clone!

At the time of the Cullum offer this woman was trying to convince people on the official site that all he wanted to do was buy the club so he could knock down Carrow Road and build on the land , her colours are well and truly tied to the Delia Smith mast .

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol that would be the one

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]At the time of the Cullum offer this woman was trying to convince people on the official site that all he wanted to do was buy the club so he could knock down Carrow Road and build on the land , her colours are well and truly tied to the Delia Smith mast .
[/quote]

Really?  Well that explains a lot to me, thanks LCF [Y]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]At the time of the Cullum offer this woman was trying to convince people on the official site that all he wanted to do was buy the club so he could knock down Carrow Road and build on the land , her colours are well and truly tied to the Delia Smith mast .
[/quote]

I understand that LQ is now on the Supporters Trust Committee and we all know that the long term aim is to have a fan on the Club Board.

I may be wrong but am i looking through the wrong end of the telescope?

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Badger, thanks for your reply - and I know I wasn''t exactly concise in my original post! I can''t agree that the NCISA stance is "born of desperation" however - a less desperate gang than the NCISA committee would be hard to find. I would admit to "frustration". This is not just at relegation, it is to do with the lack of communication with the club since the appointment of Bryan Gunn. I shall be forced to start "bring back Neil" campaign - at least he used to reply to my emails![/quote]Sorry old yellow bird. I didn''t mean to imply that you were desperate in the negative sense (e.g. a desperate gang) but that you were full of despair. I certainly am!What I am trying to fathom is the strategy behind what the NCISA is doing. You are clearly very dedicated and committed supporters that have given generously of your time to support the club, but your most recent actions seem so far removed from your stated aims. I''m not sure that calling for fans to ask for their rebate is the right thing to do, but it is obviously up to every individual. It is a lot of money to most people and I certainly wouldn''t blame them for wanting the rebate for either financial reasons or for the principle of the matter.However, given how far this policy seems from your stated objectives, I was hoping that someone would provide a rationale for the decision to call for the boycott, in particular to explain how it will make things better. It feels to me a little like “we have got to make things worse before they can get better. ” Like Mr Chops said above, none of us know – and you will be better connected than I am – but it does seem a very high-risk strategy to me. I am fearful of some of the two premier division talk that is doing the rounds and worry that we could leave the Championship at just the wrong time, exactly like we did the Premiership. For this reason, amongst others, I just want to get out of the division ASAP. I acknowledge that I could have got it all wrong – e.g. I was scornful of the view that we would be relegated. Nevertheless, nobody has yet done anything to convince me that the NCISA view is “things can only get better” if we get rid of the current regime. Of course they could but it is the line I took with Chase – and now look at us!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LQ"]Sorry, I''ve got no time for "true fans", "proper supporters" or anyone who only bashes a keyboard. All this divide and conquer stuff is just a joke to be honest - don''t we all want a successful team? Or is that dream only for the "proper supporters"?
[/quote]

Of course we do.  The fundamental disagreement isn''t whether or not we want a successful football team.  It is about how we, the supporters, can help to bring about a successful team.  The divide is along these lines, and is simplistically manipulated by both "sides":

Side A says if you criticise the current regime at a time when they need support, then you are not a true supporter.
Side B says if you stand by and do nothing while the club continues failing, you are not a true supporter.
Side C says if you buy a season ticket, you are not a true supporter.
Side D says if you buy a season ticket and claim your rebate, you are not a true supporter.
Side E says if you buy a season ticket and let the club have your rebate, you are not a true supporter.

People''s Front of Judea versus Judean People''s Front.

And so on.  And so on.  Ad nauseum, even.

The fact of the matter is; none of us know what the solution is.  Delia doesn''t know, MWJ doesn''t know.  Smudger doesn''t know, NCISA don''t know.  Munby and Doncaster don''t know, I don''t know and you don''t know either.  And in the absence of a clear strategy we can all unite behind, you are going to get this unfortunate schism running through the fan base.

[/quote]

Ahhh... the good old "true fans debate" is back. And you sum it up quite nicely Mister.[Y]

I remember being told that our true fans had stopped singing "Worthingtons Green & Yellow Army" and were singing "Delias Barmy Army" instead. But that was then and this is now. I don''t think true fans sing "Delias Barmy Army" anymore. Are Happy Clappers true fans[:^)] That''s an interesting one[^o)] On TV today the commentator seemed to think the happy clappy Geordies were true fans. [*-)] Are ST holders true fans[:^)] Strangely a lot on here don''t think so. I''m not sure if having a ST makes you a true fan but I''m pretty sure that being in the "Armchair Army" doesn''t. But then others seem to think that a couple of games in the 60''s willl suffice and anyone who attended since 1995 has effectively ruined the club.

I''ll settle for being just a fan.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I understand that LQ is now on the Supporters Trust Committee and we all know that the long term aim is to have a fan on the Club Board.

I may be wrong but am i looking through the wrong end of the telescope?

[/quote]

Now all her posts and pleas to let the club keep the rebates are beginning to make sense [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ahhh... the good old "true fans debate" is back. And you sum it up quite nicely Mister.[Y]

I remember being told that our true fans had stopped singing "Worthingtons Green & Yellow Army" and were singing "Delias Barmy Army" instead. But that was then and this is now. I don''t think true fans sing "Delias Barmy Army" anymore. Are Happy Clappers true fans[:^)] That''s an interesting one[^o)] On TV today the commentator seemed to think the happy clappy Geordies were true fans. [*-)] Are ST holders true fans[:^)] Strangely a lot on here don''t think so. I''m not sure if having a ST makes you a true fan but I''m pretty sure that being in the "Armchair Army" doesn''t. But then others seem to think that a couple of games in the 60''s willl suffice and anyone who attended since 1995 has effectively ruined the club.

I''ll settle for being just a fan.

[/quote]

This post is the written equivalent of very late night tv. You know the time when they show the earlier programmes but with a little man in the bottom corner doing the sign language. I reckon if you took all the text out you could still get the gist of it.

BTW you are of course completely wrong Nigel. From an early age I became acutely aware that all the ''real fans'' came from the Larkman estate it''s a simple geographical fact.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?[/quote]This is a great question and deserves an answer.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I understand that at a recent SCG meeting, each member was asked to say, on a "round the table" basis, whether they would be happy if Bryan Gunn was given the manager''s job on a full-time basis. LQ, perhaps you could tell us what the yes/no vote breakdown was?

[/quote]

This is a great question and deserves an answer.
[/quote]

I answered this question in LQ''s absence at 6.34pm.I am sure she will want the last word though.