Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

"Objectives of NCISA

To promote good communication and understanding between the club and it''s supporters.

To raise funds to promote NCFC Football Academy.

To support projects which secure the future successful development of NCFC.
"

http://www.ncisa.co.uk/#/about-ncisa/4513258058

1. Are these still the objectives of NCISA?

2. How is current activity intended to meet these objectives?

3. Does the member of "team" who states that "NCISA helps to bring a greater understanding between supporters and NCFC as well as providing substantial funding for the football club " consider the latter to be less important now?

These are genuine questions. I have no desire to denigrate the team or

its members who I am sure are well-intentioned and totally committed

fans but I am concerned about the nature of their recent activities,

whilst understanding that they are born of desperation.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Where does the quote you use in your third question come from?[/quote]http://www.ncisa.co.uk/#/ncisa-team/4513258132

[quote user="Badger"]

"Objectives of NCISA

To promote good communication and understanding between the club and it''s supporters.

"

3. Does the member of "team" who states that "NCISA helps to bring a greater understanding between supporters and NCFC as well as providing substantial funding for the football club " consider the latter to be less important now?

[/quote]

This could be a good thread, I dont expect you to get any answers to your reasonable quaestions.

They need to look up the definition of the words "helping" and "hurting"

Surely posts such as this have the sole intention of widening the divide between fans? What are you trying to achieve Badger? Already you have attracted snide remarks such as the one above.

I''m no great supporter of NCISA but surely if you do not agree with their recommendation all you need to do is ignore it. You have made your position clear about this issue umpteen times on other posts. I happen to agree with NCISA''s recommendation but I respect other fans'' choice to disagree.

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

Surely posts such as this have the sole intention of widening the divide between fans? What are you trying to achieve Badger? Already you have attracted snide remarks such as the one above.

I''m no great supporter of NCISA but surely if you do not agree with their recommendation all you need to do is ignore it. You have made your position clear about this issue umpteen times on other posts. I happen to agree with NCISA''s recommendation but I respect other fans'' choice to disagree.

[/quote]

So what you are saying is its OK for NCISA to show disent towards the club if they disagree but I cant show dissent towards NCISA if we disagree with them.

Consider my mind blown.

[quote user="Badger"]

"Objectives of NCISA

"

[/quote]I don''t know how they expect to achieve the first objective, if I wasn''t active on this board I wouldn''t know who they were,  the majority of our supporters wouldn''t know what their objectives are and they certainly wouldn''t know how to go about contributing funds to the club.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

[/quote] So what you are saying is its OK for NCISA to show disent towards the club if they disagree but I cant show dissent towards NCISA if we disagree with them. Consider my mind blown.[/quote]

I''m sure it isn''t difficult in your case.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from my post. Read it again, particularly the part that says "I respect other fans'' choice to disagree".

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

[/quote]I think to a point the NCISA achieve this themselves, they appear to only raise their heads to cause trouble for the club in melodramatic acts, meetings and statements, I feel it''s a shame they do not try harder to forge links with the club owners so sensible debate can take place, then we can all unite within that arena.Acts such as encouraging us to claim our rebates which obviously leaves the club with less money are not the acts of an organization that wishes to converse freely at board level.

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

[/quote] So what you are saying is its OK for NCISA to show disent towards the club if they disagree but I cant show dissent towards NCISA if we disagree with them. Consider my mind blown.[/quote]

I''m sure it isn''t difficult in your case.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from my post. Read it again, particularly the part that says "I respect other fans'' choice to disagree".

[/quote]

WAT?

You were basically telling badger to STFU because you didn''t agree with his position.

He asked reasonable questions.

I guess you dont want to know the answers.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

[/quote]

I think to a point the NCISA achieve this themselves, they appear to only raise their heads to cause trouble for the club in melodramatic acts, meetings and statements, I feel it''s a shame they do not try harder to forge links with the club owners so sensible debate can take place, then we can all unite within that arena.

Acts such as encouraging us to claim our rebates which obviously leaves the club with less money are not the acts of an organization that wishes to converse freely at board level.
[/quote]

NCISA are of course leaving themselves open to negative comments with such a bold statement but I guess they felt they had a mandate to do so from the meeting at St Andrews Hall. I''m sure that they would like to converse at board level but it takes two you know! The entrenched owners do not want to talk to anyone because they can''t take critism and can''t bear to have their decisions questioned.

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

[/quote]

I think to a point the NCISA achieve this themselves, they appear to only raise their heads to cause trouble for the club in melodramatic acts, meetings and statements, I feel it''s a shame they do not try harder to forge links with the club owners so sensible debate can take place, then we can all unite within that arena.

Acts such as encouraging us to claim our rebates which obviously leaves the club with less money are not the acts of an organization that wishes to converse freely at board level.
[/quote]

NCISA are of course leaving themselves open to negative comments with such a bold statement but I guess they felt they had a mandate to do so from the meeting at St Andrews Hall. I''m sure that they would like to converse at board level but it takes two you know! The entrenched owners do not want to talk to anyone because they can''t take critism and can''t bear to have their decisions questioned.

[/quote]

It was NOT a bold statement.  It was a statement that you throw at the reporter and say: "Ring them up and find out WTF that means."

Which the EDP didn''t.[:|]

Badger, you have looked on the NCISA website and been very selective in what you have chosen to quote.

The page you quote from reads in full:

NCISA was formed by supporters in 1995 during a time of serious crisis which threatened the existence of NCFC.

The Association now seeks a successful future for the club and its supporters.

Objectives of NCISA (which you quote)

To promote good communication and understanding between the club and its supporters.

Current Activities (which you did not quote, but which explain how the objectives are being carried out)

To organise activities to raise funds for the benefit of the Club with an emphasis on the Youth Academy and to continue sponsorship for a member of the Norwich City management team. This is usually the Assistant Manager and is therefore Lee Clark at the moment.

(since Lee Clark left, the sponsorship has passed to Ian Butterworth).

Arrange player forums and other events requested by members.

(NCISA continues to do this).

Organise and run the ever popular “Canary Challenge”.

(This is one of NCISA''s main ways of raising money for the sponsorship of the assistant manager and for the Academy).

Continual maintenance of regular communication with the NCFC and other ''City'' supporter organisations to promote the football club.

(NCISA has maintained consistent contact with the club, which has enabled club personnel and players to appear at forums organised by NCISA. The Committee used to have meetings with members of the board, but these ceased after the board wanted to impose a confidentiality agreement. We are currently seeking a meeting with remaining board members.

We have recently had a meeting with Ricky Martin to discuss how a financial contribution by NCISA to the academy can best be targeted.

We are also in contact with other supporter organisations).

Provide a channel of communication of supporters'' concerns and ideas - tickets, catering, travel arrangements and facilities.

(NCISA continues to communicate a range of fans'' concerns to the club, but no longer arranges travel to away games).

Development of the NCISA website to promote members involvement.

(The website is under constant review).

A weekly column in the Pink''Un.

(This happens every week of the football season).

As part of the remit of NCISA we are also represented on the Football Club’s Supporters Consultative Group, Friends of Norwich City Youth and N.C.F.C. Shareholders’ Association.

(NCISA committee members are also members of the Supporters'' Trust).

Badger et al:

Committee members are all totally committed to NCFC. We do not always agree on everything we discuss at meetings, but the decision to hold the recent forum at St Andrew''s Hall and the subsequent Press releases have been agreed by all of us.

We are willing to listen to anyone with a point of view about the football club.

We do as much as we can - but do not have unlimited time or funds - so apologise for times when we are slow or inefficient.

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Badger, you have looked on the NCISA website and been very selective in what you have chosen to quote. The page you quote from reads in full: NCISA was formed by supporters in 1995 during a time of serious crisis which threatened the existence of NCFC. The Association now seeks a successful future for the club and its supporters. Objectives of NCISA (which you quote) To promote good communication and understanding between the club and its supporters. To raise funds to promote NCFC Football Academy. To support projects which secure the future successful development of NCFC. Current Activities (which you did not quote, but which explain how the objectives are being carried out) To organise activities to raise funds for the benefit of the Club with an emphasis on the Youth Academy and to continue sponsorship for a member of the Norwich City management team. This is usually the Assistant Manager and is therefore Lee Clark at the moment. (since Lee Clark left, the sponsorship has passed to Ian Butterworth). Arrange player forums and other events requested by members. (NCISA continues to do this). Organise and run the ever popular “Canary Challenge”. (This is one of NCISA''s main ways of raising money for the sponsorship of the assistant manager and for the Academy). Continual maintenance of regular communication with the NCFC and other ''City'' supporter organisations to promote the football club. (NCISA has maintained consistent contact with the club, which has enabled club personnel and players to appear at forums organised by NCISA. The Committee used to have meetings with members of the board, but these ceased after the board wanted to impose a confidentiality agreement. We are currently seeking a meeting with remaining board members. We have recently had a meeting with Ricky Martin to discuss how a financial contribution by NCISA to the academy can best be targeted. We are also in contact with other supporter organisations). Provide a channel of communication of supporters'' concerns and ideas - tickets, catering, travel arrangements and facilities. (NCISA continues to communicate a range of fans'' concerns to the club, but no longer arranges travel to away games). Development of the NCISA website to promote members involvement. (The website is under constant review). A weekly column in the Pink''Un. (This happens every week of the football season). As part of the remit of NCISA we are also represented on the Football Club’s Supporters Consultative Group, Friends of Norwich City Youth and N.C.F.C. Shareholders’ Association. (NCISA committee members are also members of the Supporters'' Trust). Badger et al: Committee members are all totally committed to NCFC. We do not always agree on everything we discuss at meetings, but the decision to hold the recent forum at St Andrew''s Hall and the subsequent Press releases have been agreed by all of us. We are willing to listen to anyone with a point of view about the football club. We do as much as we can - but do not have unlimited time or funds - so apologise for times when we are slow or inefficient.[/quote]

Both press releases were total crap, the second issued by a Camel Committee.  You do not need unlimited funds or any funds to issue a cohesive Press release but you do need people issuing them who can string words together. 

Cam - Stop having a go at NCISA, Archant and our club, they''ve got nothing to do with you!!

If you''re bored with nothing to do in the evenings why not give the benefit of your superior knowledge to your own club and post on their forums.

Your obsession with the pinkun and carrow rd.net are unhealthy.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Cam - Stop having a go at NCISA, Archant and our club, they''ve got nothing to do with you!!

If you''re bored with nothing to do in the evenings why not give the benefit of your superior knowledge to your own club and post on their forums.

[/quote]

I think it was interesting how Archent gave a ton of "inches" to the NCISA stuff yet.......

The excutive group (who owns 5% of the club FWIW) barely got a mention although their stance was much more supportive of the club and called for things to help the club in its hour of need.

I guess that doesnt make good headlines.

I think some us feel that some of the NCISA ideas are verging on the dangerous.

If you were looking to really hurt Norwich City FC........... (a club short of cash)

Some of the ideas you would use would be to try and deprive them of as much revenue as possible......

That goes beyond protest/moaning.

That crosses the line into dangerous in these economic times.

Anybody who thinks it couldn''t get worse are really not thinking very hard.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Thank you for your call City Angel.  We have listened carefully to everything you have said and can assure you that your remarks will be passed on to the Editor.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Thank you for your call City Angel.  We have listened carefully to everything you have said and can assure you that your remarks will be passed on to the Editor.

[/quote]

Haven''t got a clue what you''re talking about Cam??

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think it was interesting how Archent gave a ton of "inches" to the NCISA stuff yet.......

The excutive group (who owns 5% of the club FWIW) barely got a mention although their stance was much more supportive of the club and called for things to help the club in its hour of need.

If you were looking to really hurt Norwich City FC........... (a club short of cash)

Some of the ideas you would use would be to try and deprive them of as much revenue as possible......

Anybody who thinks it couldn''t get worse are really not thinking very hard.[/quote]Oh we know it can get worse and probably will untill Delia Smith is chased out , as for the club being starved of cash its owners have millions maybe they should put some into the club instead of expecting their customers to pay Championship prices for League 1 football . How about this if they appoint a proper manager and put a Championship class side on the pitch then we will let them keep the rebates .

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haven''t got a clue what you''re talking about Cam??

[/quote]

Here is a clue: what is the relationship between Peter Cullum, the current Editor of the EDP and a Regional Director?

[:D]

I don''t understand why people are having a go at NCISA. These are people who give up their own free time to try to achieve better things for the club and the fans (ie us) It''s easy to be critical from behind computer screens but if you care that much, get yourself involved in NCISA, and change things from the inside.

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"] Surely posts such as this have the sole intention of widening the divide between fans? [/quote]I have no desire to do this – quite the opposite in fact. [quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]but I guess they felt they had a mandate to do so from the meeting at St Andrews Hall.[/quote]It certainly gives them a mandate to represent the 500 at the meeting. I am sure that there are others not at the meeting that share the views expressed there. Equally, I am sure that there are others that were not at this meeting that do not share the views expressed there.What the balance is between the range of different views is, I like everyone else, can only guess. I did suggest a ballot twice – but nobody seemed interested.* *Other than “Tilly”, to be fair. He felt that it was impracticable – I felt that at the time it was not.[quote user="old yellow bird"]Badger, you have looked on the NCISA website and been very selective in what you have chosen to quote. [/quote]True, I have been very selective - in an attempt to be concise. I don’t think I have been unrepresentative, however. Certainly, NCISA do several things that support the club. These activities are generally more consistent with their stated objectives than some of the more recent additions.[quote user="old yellow bird"] Committee members are all totally committed to NCFC. [/quote]I am totally certain that this is the case. You have given your up your free time to do what you feel is right and I am sure that this is because of your passion for the club. Although, I have done a bit too, it is nowhere near as much as you have done. I don’t question your passion at all.  Where I do have issue is that I am not sure than the recent direction is consistent with your stated objectives, which was the point of my OP. I reiterate that I that understand your stance is “born of desperation” but I have considerable reservations about its purpose (relative to stated objectives) and consequences.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Anybody who thinks it couldn''t get worse are really not thinking very hard.[/quote]Oh we know it can get worse and probably will untill Delia Smith is chased out , as for the club being starved of cash its owners have millions maybe they should put some into the club instead of expecting their customers to pay Championship prices for League 1 football . How about this if they appoint a proper manager and put a Championship class side on the pitch then we will let them keep the rebates . [/quote]

"Delia chased out"

Then what.......... chase out the only people willing to put money into the club?

Wow. just brilliant, then we go into admin/liquidation.

That helps a lot.

Go back and listen to the Hucks interview..... carefully.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Here is a clue: what is the relationship between Peter Cullum, the current Editor of the EDP and a Regional Director?

[/quote]

I havent got a clue Cam but I have a feeling you''re going to tell me.

This is my favourite snippet from the NCISA homepage:
"NCISA exists to represent its members and all Norwich City fans."Err nope. Not this one you don''t! I find all that a bit arrogant to be honest (but obviously love the bit about Tilson and co being available for the media at all times!)And people wonder why I have an issue with all this?

As a committee member I feel a bit responsible and wish to point out that yes, LQ, NCISA aims to represent its members and other fans. But of course in doing so, realise that 100% of people are never going to agree or feel represented on every issue.

The recent meeting was called so those who wished to do so could have their say and communicate their thoughts on the state of the club. After the meeting a report detailing what was said was compiled and we, as a committee are meeting to agree on its final presentation before it''s sent to the club along with a formal request to meet with the directors. I have already mentioned this previously, but then threads come and go and it was probably missed by a lot of posters on here.

No single body, including the club itself, truly represents every single person, that surely would point to some brainwashed state? Each of us have our own personal points of view, and if you feel NCISA doesn''t best represent them, then there is a simple answer, don''t join and don''t take part in anything to do with the Association. It''s your choice. Having said that we do have a large number of people who are not members who contact us to say they agree with the stance we are taking and as a result of the meeting a large number of people joined.

As you sit on the SCG, I assume you portray yourself as representing the fanbase at large? Does the SCG truly reflect the average NCFC supporter or just a percentage. And the Trust, Capital Canaries etc?

The media contact the Officers of NCISA for press statements and other information on a regular basis, as with any organisation.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I havent got a clue Cam but I have a feeling you''re going to tell me.

[/quote]I hope you do Cam, because I have been looking and have not managed to find anything concrete yet. The process of trying has been very interesting but other responsibilities mean that I haven''t go it the time to follow it up much further. If you don''t feel able to say a few extra clues might help!

The meeting at St Andrews hall was for ALL fans to attend and let their feelings be known, I wasn''t a member until that night but went to the meeting because as a fan of 37 years I felt that I at least had to try and do something to stop the club I love being dragged into the gutter by people who have proved over a number of years now that they haven''t got a clue what they''re doing.

I applaud NCISA for calling the meeting and I think that the views expressed on that night were representative of the feelings of the majority of fans, anyone who couldn''t or didn''t want to attend the meeting could have e mailed NCISA with their views as some did and they would have been taken into account.

Why didn''t those that are now complaining that the feelings expressed at that meeting don''t represent the feelings of the majority make their views known at the meeting?

Gazza, I believe I''ve answered your points about both the SCG and any body representing fans in the ''rebate'' thread.