Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Grant Holt on his way

[quote user="ACE"]He has not signed, so you have not actually told us anything.  Its still total speculation.

Better to dig threads out to gloat when things actually come true?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

Heard this from an extremely reliable source earlier this week.......

Should Shrewsbury not be promoted via the play-offs Grant Holt is coming to Norwich.

Good solid striker that knows where the goal is at our level.

[/quote]

Told ya!

[/quote][/quote]

Fair comment ACE.

He is coming though![;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Dean Ashton to Grant Holt!  That called DECLINE![/quote]Dean Ashton to Jamie Cureton is called Decline.  Cureton to Grant Holt is called Evolution.

Grant Holt could prove to be a good aquisition if we can bring him to Carrow Road. I liked the idea of Holt before we were linked to him. His scoring record is decent enough, and I feel sure he would have no trouble in finding the net for us at League One level.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="barryevans"]no thanks 1in5 ratio at forest he is a lge2 player[/quote]

Well said... I can''t believe this... not good enough for Forest as they struggled at many seasons at this level, but good enough for us... [:$]

[/quote]

Smudger, do you honestly think we''ll sign anyone better. I was speaking to a Forest an today and their fans were gutted when he left last summer.

The main reason he left was because Calderwood could not guarantee him first team football behind Tyson and the newly signed Mr Earnshaw. The Forest fans were also surprised that he left for a club as small as Shrewsbury, but they did have a bit of ambition last year. 

Looks like he may have decided Shrewsbury is a better bet than City

Holt has Town job to do

grant-holtShrewsbury

Town talisman Grant Holt today insisted he will be fit to start the new

season – and insists he has unfinished business with the club.

Holt underwent ankle surgery last week after scoring 28 goals in his first season at the Prostar Stadium.

But he is confident he will be fit to start the new campaign.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="barryevans"]no thanks 1in5 ratio at forest he is a lge2 player[/quote]

Well said... I can''t believe this... not good enough for Forest as they struggled at many seasons at this level, but good enough for us... [:$]

[/quote]

Smudger, do you honestly think we''ll sign anyone better. I was speaking to a Forest an today and their fans were gutted when he left last summer.

The main reason he left was because Calderwood could not guarantee him first team football behind Tyson and the newly signed Mr Earnshaw. The Forest fans were also surprised that he left for a club as small as Shrewsbury, but they did have a bit of ambition last year. 

[/quote]

I don''t think we will sign any body better NO... but we sure as hell should be if we have intentions of trying to win promotion.

Grant Holt was never good enough to do it with Forest and will not be good enough to do it for us either... he was also pushed out of Forest''s starting eleven by Gareth McCleary the season they finally were promoted and you are also forgetting that Forest signed Joe Garner from Carlisle for over £1million last summer.  Nathan Tyson has been anything but guranteed first choice in recent times.

The two Forest fans I know claim that he is no better than an average striker in the 3rd tier.

Spoke to Shrews board member today who is a friend of mine and we do some business together. He told me three things:

1. Norwich have made no approach for Holt and they are not looking to accept any bids for him anyway 2. if anyone did approach he is sure it would not be Norwich as "everybody in football knows they have no money". 3. the FA cup 1st round is the highlight of their season!

Just out of interest, he also told me Shrewsbury made a little over £1m profit last year and remain firmly in the black with no debts. Inside football it is a well known fact shrewsbury are stable and the likes of Holt and your decent lower league players who rely on a lengthy salary for their families rank stability much higher than the top players who just want a couple of big seasons to make all the money they can.  So even if we did sniff Holt out, there''s no certainty he would come.

[quote user="Ed Notty"]

Spoke to Shrews board member today who is a friend of mine and we do some business together. He told me three things:

1. Norwich have made no approach for Holt and they are not looking to accept any bids for him anyway 2. if anyone did approach he is sure it would not be Norwich as "everybody in football knows they have no money". 3. the FA cup 1st round is the highlight of their season!

Just out of interest, he also told me Shrewsbury made a little over £1m profit last year and remain firmly in the black with no debts. Inside football it is a well known fact shrewsbury are stable and the likes of Holt and your decent lower league players who rely on a lengthy salary for their families rank stability much higher than the top players who just want a couple of big seasons to make all the money they can.  So even if we did sniff Holt out, there''s no certainty he would come.

[/quote]

we  are a laughing stock! fact! nice one delia!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

Should Shrewsbury not be promoted via the play-offs Grant Holt is coming to Norwich.

[/quote]

Just remember where you heard it first folks. He''s on route!!!!!!!!!!!

If its right I will apologise by treating myself to a beer ;-)[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

clingan http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1685913/ShowPost.aspx

heard it here first folks

sideshow stop attention seeking

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Pot, kettle, black!Did you really need to post this three times to gain attention....[;)]

Does smudger know Holt was often played on the wing when he goes on about his 1 in 5 goal ratio?? then goes on  with authority about how he was pushed out of the team by mccleary...a winger! prat!!