Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Grant Holt on his way

Heard this from an extremely reliable source earlier this week.......

Should Shrewsbury not be promoted via the play-offs Grant Holt is coming to Norwich.

Good solid striker that knows where the goal is at our level.

he''d be great but i wouldnt pay more than 180k for him, then again we probally couldnt even afford that

Bishop is too small isnt he? Anyway we walked away from him in a service station last season when his agent made ridiculous demands to Doncaster during talks......same as Gow except it wasn''t a service station  :o)

Andy Bishop isn''t anything special at all. Decent lower league goal scorer for smaller clubs. That''s what his career is about. If he was capable of better he''d be doing it by now.

[quote user="GJP"]Andy Bishop isn''t anything special at all.[/quote]

Neither are we, which makes us a perfect match

Someone did this quick on wiki site:

As Shrewsbury did not achieve promotion via the play-offs, Holt is rumoured to have a pre-arranged transfer agreement with recently relegated Norwich City.

Here is another interesting fact about Grant Holt:

It stated that Holt was the player to cover the greatest distance per game in both Leagues One and Two, averaging 4.8kilometers per game.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Someone did this quick on wiki site: As Shrewsbury did not achieve promotion via the play-offs, Holt is rumoured to have a pre-arranged transfer agreement with recently relegated Norwich City.[/quote]

that would be me :)

[quote user="colneycanary"]Here is another interesting fact about Grant Holt:

It stated that Holt was the player to cover the greatest distance per game in both Leagues One and Two, averaging 4.8kilometers per game.[/quote]That sounds low - Arsenal players cover 10 km in a game - some championship players cover 7 or 8 k.  If 5 km in a game is the best, then I guess we''ll be watching a lot of musical statues next season.

[quote user="MCWILL"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Someone did this quick on wiki site: As Shrewsbury did not achieve promotion via the play-offs, Holt is rumoured to have a pre-arranged transfer agreement with recently relegated Norwich City.[/quote]

that would be me :)

[/quote]If rumours were added for every player it would go on forever

what did everyone think of shrewsbury''s young winger Humprhrey/s? I thought he looked a good player - could do a job for us

Well he''s got a good name. He looked decent enough, not sure he''d be good enough for us though. But in a way I hope we sign him so I can get his name on my shirt [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]On that basis, I think we should sign Augusto Chops from Sporting Gijon.[/quote]Or I could change my name to "Russell", as that twit will no doubt still be here punching the air and telling the EEN that the players will "do it for the fantastic fans" on a weekly basis.

I thought one of the best players over the P/O weekend was the Shrewsbury keeper, Luke Daniels.

Although young, very assertive and communicative, confident with crosses, and made some good saves, usually not so spectacular as you would expect to see, as he knew where to be at the right time.

Doubt very much he''ll be available (WBA will want to hang onto him), but I''d say he was worth a look.

Holt would be a so-so signing, hard working and gets some goals, but you wouldn''t want to put the entire goalscoring responsibility on him-but with someone youung, raw, and keen alongside him, it might work.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

Should Shrewsbury not be promoted via the play-offs Grant Holt is coming to Norwich.

[/quote]

Told ya!

Could be a good signing but this ankle op is a worry. Bell part two?? Can''t afford to carry a key player for too long next season.

He has not signed, so you have not actually told us anything.  Its still total speculation.Better to dig threads out to gloat when things actually come true?[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote]

Told ya!

[/quote]

[quote user="Jason Mitchell"]Need my eyes retested I read that as Gary Holt at first.... he''s in League 2 with Wycombe I think...
[/quote]

Same as us in League 1 with Wycombe now!

has anyone noticed in the pic of grant holt they''ve showed on thepink un how looks awfully like a rugby player in that shirt? he looks like he plays for huddersfield

[quote user="barryevans"]no thanks 1in5 ratio at forest he is a lge2 player[/quote]

Well said... I can''t believe this... not good enough for Forest as they struggled at many seasons at this level, but good enough for us... [:$]