Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

International keepers - yellow alert

There are international keepers and international keepers.

Gallagher is not in the top 3 for Scotland - FIFA world ranking #68 and falling.

Ward is not in the top 3 for Wales - FIFA world ranking #57 and falling.

Don''t hang on to the fact that they are ''internationals'' - are they any good?? Anybody know??? Remember its Premiership level we''re talking about.

If Robert goes in January we are likely to have a problem that will make our current concern over strikers a very minor issue.

Somebody please comfort me.

OTBC.

Fair point Bly.  Just because someone is an International, or has been an International in the past, doesn''t make them brilliant.  However, I''ve heard excellent things about Gallagher.  He sounds like a very good talent and I''m sure the only reason he''s not in the Scotland squad is because he isn''t getting first team football (yet).  I''m sure he''ll fill the gap left by Greeno

Indeed, a keeper could play for Azer-je-ban (as Graham Taylor would say) and be an international keeper. But i''d be comforted by the fact that they both still have a few years left in them and competition will be tight between them. I also recall Ward getting several mentions last year for Forest for some outstanding performances.

Then, to carry on the great NCFC goal keeping tradition, young Joe Lewis will also be coming on the scene in a couple of years. Who knows, we never thought Green would be better than Marshall back when he left, perhaps Lewis will be better than Greeno!!

[quote]Indeed, a keeper could play for Azer-je-ban (as Graham Taylor would say) and be an international keeper. But i''d be comforted by the fact that they both still have a few years left in them and competi...[/quote]

A1

there are lots of us who knew greeno would always be better than marshall - marshall was really over rated while he was here and greeno was superb whilst in the youth team of the time, and has rarely put a foot wrong since