Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

When the bubble bursts............

As City charge to the top of the league and look increasingly menacing, I feel more and more sorrow with the likely outcome of this season. We will be there or there abouts but if we lose our loan stars when they are due to go home I expect promotion to be a pipe dream. I have had my say on the trio and frimly believe we need to sign them to put us where we belong. It is not a case of never mind, see you later and thanks for the points, it is a dire need to sign them because the squad is wafer thin and potentially pants without them. Chuck in a swift close season move or two for Francis or Drury and even a January sale approach for Greeno or Mceigh which may be too tempting and City''s need for players is frighteningly exposed. Lets make no bones about it, I am not convinced that we can afford Hucks, Harper and Crouchy as the Board will not take a risk, that is the only way, and Greeno and Drury are prem material and will move. If we act boldy and bring in quality we have a chance, not just to attract new players but also to keep our current good ones here, if we don''t, our new South Stand will be sparse as we watch a post Hamilton squad made up of cheap signings and youth scap about for points. I fail to remember a time when the future of our team is so much in the balance.

I hear what you''re saying, and although I feel you''re being unduly negative (let''s face it, everyone thought when we lost kents we''d lose everything) I agree with your points.

There''s only one thing I disagree with - "put us where we belong". Eh? Why do we belong there? And doesn''t everyone think their club belongs at the top? I''d like to be there, but I don''t think we have an automatic right to be there because we were quite good for three seasons ten years ago. If history counted then there would be countless other clubs who "deserved" to be there too and the top division would have 45 clubs in it! To coin a football phrase, you''re only as good as your last season...

Very true Mook but let''s not see the glass as half empty. We were a very good side for a few seasons but we got screwed. We are becoming a very good (1st Division) side and I think we should live with this hope:
The Board have set themselves up for a MASSIVE fall if they don''t continue the good work of the last 2 months. We have to hope (and boy I''m praying) that they have some kind of long term plan, rather than just bringing the circus to town for 3 months then letting it ride off into the sunset. My theory is that we will keep Crouch on loan, sign Harper and replace Huckerby if we can''t afford him - probably with another good, expensive loan striker. SURELY the Board are not fools, and realise that going back to being the most impotent strike force in the division will only lose everybodies'' faith. Including the manager, because I really believe he will walk if we don''t carry on as we are. They must realise that not backing him now will set us back 5 years, again!