Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Another (Probably Wrong) Rumour, Regarding Sales of Players

[quote user="Lrrr"]Basically, my dad knows someone who works at the club (which is actually true) and apparently Derby want Croft (which has been confirmed in the press) and Palace want Russell, with Lee probably being used in part exchange. Also, there are rumours about Sheffield Utd wanting Hoolahan.
[/quote]

...and all we''ll be left with is Semi, because no one wants the useless turd.

that palace deal sounds interesting feel we need lee more then russell....hope the sheffield utd one isn''t true tho!

Well the Russell for Lee + cash sounds like a godsend! Better than Hoolahn for Lee anyway. Croft rumour is now more than a rumour. Hope hoolahan one isn''t true, but he''s got at least 2 years on his contract, and if we can get around £1m i''d be happy enough. Wonder if that depends on premiership status? (i.e. will look for better players if they are promoted)

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Lrrr"]Basically, my dad knows someone who works at the club (which is actually true) and apparently Derby want Croft (which has been confirmed in the press) and Palace want Russell, with Lee probably being used in part exchange. Also, there are rumours about Sheffield Utd wanting Hoolahan.[/quote]

...and all we''ll be left with is Semi, because no one wants the useless turd.

[/quote]and clingan! Find him a half decent team to play with, and we''ll be okay. A fast striker and a tall striker with a good understanding is a must. Kandol and Beckford were brilliant for leeds the start of their league 1 life, and when that died, leed''s season did somewhat

Surely the chances are that some of our players have escape clauses - I''d have thought Hoolahan is a rather likely candidate for one, given how we managed to get him for next to nothing in the same way.  If some of them do have such clauses, as seems inevitable given how commonplace they are, I imagine we''ll still hear whines of derision from the usual suspects.

I can actually foresee a lot of complaining as players leave us this close season, for smaller fees than we as City supporters think they should be going for.  But the simple fact is that our players were in a side that woefully underperformed and finished 5pts from safety, and that will surely impact on a player''s value.   For example, if we were, say, Forest supporters right now, are there any Norwich players who you''d think are worth signing for much (certainly not the £3m bandied about for Clingan)?  The answer, sadly, has to be ''no, not really''.

Damian was interesting I thought at your Open Day.  Asked by a 12 year old whose shirt he had signed as to whether he would be playing for you next season DR said: "I think it is a question of wait and see what happens."

Absolutely.

Not if his agent can help it.  Out of the mouth of babes and all that..................

Those who can get out will.  Those who can''t won''t.

Aha!  I knew there was something could explain our misfortune.

Damian = Son of Lucifer in the under 10''s.

We, my fellow canaries are experiencing the wrath of god!  ;)

But seriously, Damian who?  Lathrope?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yeah, I imagine a lot of them have relegation release clauses. I expect a fire sale.
[/quote]

Me too, but that''s prudence with ambition for you !

[quote user="WiMMiT"]

Aha!  I knew there was something could explain our misfortune.

Damian = Son of Lucifer in the under 10''s.

We, my fellow canaries are experiencing the wrath of god!  ;)

But seriously, Damian who?  Lathrope?

[/quote]

He means Darrell, that bit at the Open Day was on the local news.

TBh do we want to keep many of the current bunch of players? They have shown they are not interested in giving their all in most cases so they can go find somewhere else to underperform!