Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Steve Coppell Resigns - Looking for another Post

I''m sure he could do a job, question is whether he would want to under the direction of Delia Smith.

Begging letter sent, special delivery, in the post.Please do your bit and send another, he may ignore one but not 25,000 letters.Perhaps he will then see then what real supporters are like, I dont think he has experienced any before,

Just what we need, another manager with only one real success from 20 years of management and several clubs.  Next.......

[quote user="Fluff"]Just what we need, another manager with only one real success from 20 years of management and several clubs.  Next.......[/quote]

When did we last have a manager who had had any success?

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[quote user="Fluff"]Just what we need, another manager with only one real success from 20 years of management and several clubs.  Next.......[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if we are talking about building a side that was capable of winning anything or had a system that included bring in youth and players from the lower leagues whilst still playing entertaining football, then we had Walker, Stringer, Brown (silverware), Bond, Saunders (silverware).  I suppose Worthy should be included for his title achievement too even though the football was poor.  Thats success!

I wait to see how many more ''clutch at straws'' names get thrown about!

I think the problem is we are in a very unattractive position at the moment for a new manager with all the uncertainty in the boardroom and relegation etc.  I cannot see us getting many decent candidates interested in the position.

I just hope we bring in someone who is given time to build a team as we have very little they will be inheriting.

what about the job superb job he did at Palace or how about Brentford/Brighton?

[quote user="Fluff"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

Well if we are talking about building a side that was capable of winning anything or had a system that included bring in youth and players from the lower leagues whilst still playing entertaining football, then we had Walker, Stringer, Brown (silverware), Bond, Saunders (silverware).  I suppose Worthy should be included for his title achievement too even though the football was poor.  Thats success!

I wait to see how many more ''clutch at straws'' names get thrown about!

[/quote]Worthngton - no two ways about it. We won the league with him and that year we played brilliant football. He was a shrewed manager and for the most part picked up players for good prices.

[quote user="Getalife"]Would he be interested in helping poor old Norwich out or is he way out of our league and budget.
Could he do a job for us?
[/quote]

Coppell has a lot of business interests and, from his past comments, many think he will quit the game altogether.  He is disillusioned with it.

I think he wants to retire from football altogether.That showed when he was interviewed after the match yesterday. He couldn''t lift Reading out of their slump ( 9games without home win ) and looked as though he''d had enough. We need someone with energy and enthusiasm.