Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Rumour from a friend of a friend

City will go the ''Director of Football'' route with Gunn, which they tried before an failed (obviously not with Gunn before).  Munby wasn''t keen as they''ve toyed with the idea before, in effect final straw and all that.  In theory Gunn will be ''a go between'' between Board and team management.  And I vaguely understand it to be, Gunn will be a mouthpiece for statements etc etc where Doomy used to churn them out,  we''ll have a bit more of a silent CE (whomever that''ll be?) if you see what I mean.

To be honest this wouldn''t suprise me.

But who, as manager, would want to report to Bryan Gunn. You can''t have the football manager reporting to a director of football who has less managerial knowledge than the manager, it defeats the point of it.

I can''t think of any manager who''d want to work under the previous incumbent as Dir of Football, particularly if that person desperately coveted the managers job and was close to the owner. (Not to decry your rumour Mate, but I just can''t believe that it would be tenable (sp?).

Rubbish.  The bosses job is to get the very best people on board.  My boss has no clue how to do what I do, that is why he employs me.  Gunn would be a great Director of Football.

Does this free up Crook to become the manager?  Or are we gonna welcome Mark Robins back to the club.

It will be the Marx brothers err sorry The dream team ,just a change of roles to protect the ...........

Director of football BG, Managers/Crook/Butterworth.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Rubbish.  The bosses job is to get the very best people on board.  My boss has no clue how to do what I do, that is why he employs me.  Gunn would be a great Director of Football.

Does this free up Crook to become the manager?  Or are we gonna welcome Mark Robins back to the club.

[/quote]

My boss knows exactly what I do (except what I am doing now) but doesn''t have the time to do it himself.