Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Clearout MUST continue with Gunny moved elsewhere in the club

Now that some of the deadwood has been removed it is essential that a new manager is appointed other than Bryan Gunn, as a clear signal that Delia and co are serious about a new era of ambition and moving the club forward. If Gunny and his coaching staff are given a further one year contract then it is a clear signal that nothing has really changed and Delia intends continuing the cosy little prudent style without ambition that has been her trademark for the past four seasons. This is a time for courageous and ambitious actions, and a newly appointed charismatic manager with a hunger for success will send a clear and positive signal that at last the club means business. I will willingly waive my rights to a season ticket rebate if this is way forward adopted by what remains of the board, and many more would also I''m sure.  

Keep hoping, think these changes are all that are going to come.  Gunn will get another season.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Keep hoping, think these changes are all that are going to come.  Gunn will get another season.[/quote]

He won''t make it to November if that happens 22

I am with you on that one Wiz, but cannot see the current board opting for anyone else.

I hope I am wrong.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I am with you on that one Wiz, but cannot see the current board opting for anyone else.

I hope I am wrong.

[/quote]With Crook on an 18 month contract, he''s very likely to be in there with Butterworth - good knowledge of lower leagues. We just need a figure to be manager though, and although Gunn has a good media presence, we need a manager rather than just a nice face for the press to take photo''s off and answer questions.

My thoughts entirely Spartan, I will also only waive my season ticket rebate if someone other than Gunny is installed as manager.

The board have to listen to the fans and appoint an experienced manager, who knows about the lower leagues and will give us a chance of getting  

ba ck to the championship next season.

I think Jim Gannon would be a good choice and as was made redundant would not cost City anything.

If an experienced manager is appointed, Iam sure all City fans will  unite and get right behind the team for the difficult season ahead.

Keep with Gunny and the board will find next season that season ticket holders will be down to about 8,000 if they are lucky.

[quote user="reacher"]

My thoughts entirely Spartan, I will also only waive my season ticket rebate if someone other than Gunny is installed as manager.

The board have to listen to the fans and appoint an experienced manager, who knows about the lower leagues and will give us a chance of getting  

ba ck to the championship next season.

I think Jim Gannon would be a good choice and as was made redundant would not cost City anything.

If an experienced manager is appointed, Iam sure all City fans will  unite and get right behind the team for the difficult season ahead.

Keep with Gunny and the board will find next season that season ticket holders will be down to about 8,000 if they are lucky.

[/quote]

well said!

[quote user="Spartan"]Now that some of the deadwood has been removed it is essential that a new manager is appointed other than Bryan Gunn, as a clear signal that Delia and co are serious about a new era of ambition and moving the club forward. If Gunny and his coaching staff are given a further one year contract then it is a clear signal that nothing has really changed and Delia intends continuing the cosy little prudent style without ambition that has been her trademark for the past four seasons. This is a time for courageous and ambitious actions, and a newly appointed charismatic manager with a hunger for success will send a clear and positive signal that at last the club means business. I will willingly waive my rights to a season ticket rebate if this is way forward adopted by what remains of the board, and many more would also I''m sure.  [/quote]

Excellent, eloquent post. You should email it to Doncas...

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[quote user="Spartan"]Now that some of the deadwood has been removed it is essential that a new manager is appointed other than Bryan Gunn, as a clear signal that Delia and co are serious about a new era of ambition and moving the club forward. If Gunny and his coaching staff are given a further one year contract then it is a clear signal that nothing has really changed and Delia intends continuing the cosy little prudent style without ambition that has been her trademark for the past four seasons. This is a time for courageous and ambitious actions, and a newly appointed charismatic manager with a hunger for success will send a clear and positive signal that at last the club means business. I will willingly waive my rights to a season ticket rebate if this is way forward adopted by what remains of the board, and many more would also I''m sure.  [/quote]

Excellent, eloquent post. You should email it to Doncas...

[/quote]I just spat my tea out.  Cheers Robert ! [:)]