Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Perfect hypothetical 4-4-2 tactics i want to see next season

12     3      4      5         6   7         8     9                     v        10    111) Decent imposing, consistent Goalie (don''t care how old)2) Steady right back with a bit of pace, and a good cross (half a brain cell required)3) Big strong Defender (not too clumsy)4) Mentally strong and more agile defender, there to help organise defence5) Steadier Left Back, more defensive6) Clingan7) Dynamic Right Midfielder combining technique with physique. (a few goals, a few assists and Croft''s running)8) A big bricks**thouse of a midfeilder with an eye for goal and direct running (like a poor mans gerrard)9) See right midfeilder, but less about assists, more about pace and goals10) Quick annoying f****r of a striker to really get on oppositions less agile defence (if not Cody, Tyson perhaps?)11) Target Man with good feet and strong mental stregnth and an eye for at least double figures worth of goalsexamples (not players i think we will get, just a hint as to what i''m on about)1) Robert Green (give Rudd a go, but have someone more experienced as insurance, like Leicester have done with their ''keeper situation)2) Kyle Naughton (a less clumsy John Otsemoboor please)3) Andre Bikey (Doc might do in league 1)4) Gary Cahill (maybe Dejan can be this)5) Tony Hibbert (a left footed version)6) Sammy Clingan (don''t let him leave!)7) Wade Elliot (Croft going, not sure on Smith, maybe an area in need, 1 area i''d be happy to loan a player)8) Dickson Etuhu (missing, unless Adeyemi is any good)9) Darren Huckerby (maybe a fully charged Hoolahan can do this)10) Leroy Lita (maybe Cody can do this)11) Alan Lee (hopefully)Subs)12) Mark Tyler - Reliable, cheap, league 1 standard experienced pro, with recent gametime under their belt (don''t think he''s got that, but he''s only back up i suppose)13) Poor man''s John O''Shea please14) Battling but not too clumsy all round midfielder15) Clever wide player/ support (in the hole) striker (what Gow was meant to be)16) Young pretender of 10, pacier, but more raw talentthe rest - Youth/ deadwood/ off-form players, only 4 or so max on more than a grand a weekless of the farting about with 4-5-1 or whatever, and let''s see some bloody ambition in games, we started every game last season near enough on the back foot from kick off.Any manager who can do this, get the players playing for themselves, their teammates, the fans and the club in general, and add the odd player and plan B themselves is good enough for me!

At last - a good football-related thread with no personal abuse or pointless rumours.I like the look of your outline, but the only thing is, you''re talking about players with top-half CCC ability, so how do we attract them and/or keep them? I do think that we shouldn''t build a team for this division, full of big skill-free lunks. That would be like resigning ourselves to permanent Div 3 status.

[quote user="Old Boy"]At last - a good football-related thread with no personal abuse or pointless rumours.[/quote]I don''t like you and I''ve heard we''re signing Andy Marshall to cut costs on shirt sales as we have loads with ''Marshall'' printed on already. [:P]

looks like a solid team apart from Clingan who i don''t like :P but there is no point i don''t think in talking about getting many players in, because we are in league 1, with no money, even if we signed 11 new players, they would be a league 1 team, not a championship, developing into a prem team, which is where we want to be. Just play the Academy team with Alan Lee, Doc, and Cody in it, then we will win everything possible, even the FA cup.

there''s plenty of players in lower leagues fitting the description. It''s just a matter of finding them, and hoping they fit in, but i think my tactics are spot on

Peterborough have transfer listed 12 players. From the list Mark Tyler, Scott Rendell and Shane Blackett seem like players worth a punt. Shame we didn''t go in for Tommy Rowe

Yawn.... I bet you play Football Manager.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]           12     3      4      5         6   7         8     9                     v        10    111) Decent imposing, consistent Goalie (don''t care how old)2) Steady right back with a bit of pace, and a good cross (half a brain cell required)3) Big strong Defender (not too clumsy)4) Mentally strong and more agile defender, there to help organise defence5) Steadier Left Back, more defensive6) Clingan7) Dynamic Right Midfielder combining technique with physique. (a few goals, a few assists and Croft''s running)8) A big bricks**thouse of a midfeilder with an eye for goal and direct running (like a poor mans gerrard)9) See right midfeilder, but less about assists, more about pace and goals10) Quick annoying f****r of a striker to really get on oppositions less agile defence (if not Cody, Tyson perhaps?)11) Target Man with good feet and strong mental stregnth and an eye for at least double figures worth of goalsexamples (not players i think we will get, just a hint as to what i''m on about)1) Robert Green (give Rudd a go, but have someone more experienced as insurance, like Leicester have done with their ''keeper situation)2) Kyle Naughton (a less clumsy John Otsemoboor please)3) Andre Bikey (Doc might do in league 1)4) Gary Cahill (maybe Dejan can be this)5) Tony Hibbert (a left footed version)6) Sammy Clingan (don''t let him leave!)7) Wade Elliot (Croft going, not sure on Smith, maybe an area in need, 1 area i''d be happy to loan a player)8) Dickson Etuhu (missing, unless Adeyemi is any good)9) Darren Huckerby (maybe a fully charged Hoolahan can do this)10) Leroy Lita (maybe Cody can do this)11) Alan Lee (hopefully)Subs)12) Mark Tyler - Reliable, cheap, league 1 standard experienced pro, with recent gametime under their belt (don''t think he''s got that, but he''s only back up i suppose)13) Poor man''s John O''Shea please14) Battling but not too clumsy all round midfielder15) Clever wide player/ support (in the hole) striker (what Gow was meant to be)16) Young pretender of 10, pacier, but more raw talentthe rest - Youth/ deadwood/ off-form players, only 4 or so max on more than a grand a weekless of the farting about with 4-5-1 or whatever, and let''s see some bloody ambition in games, we started every game last season near enough on the back foot from kick off.Any manager who can do this, get the players playing for themselves, their teammates, the fans and the club in general, and add the odd player and plan B themselves is good enough for me![/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Yawn.... I bet you play Football Manager.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]           1
2     3      4      5
   7         8     9
                     v 
      10    11

1) Decent imposing, consistent Goalie (don''t care how old)
2) Steady right back with a bit of pace, and a good cross (half a brain cell required)
3) Big strong Defender (not too clumsy)
4) Mentally strong and more agile defender, there to help organise defence
5) Steadier Left Back, more defensive
6) Clingan
7) Dynamic Right Midfielder combining technique with physique. (a few goals, a few assists and Croft''s running)
8) A big bricks**thouse of a midfeilder with an eye for goal and direct running (like a poor mans gerrard)
9) See right midfeilder, but less about assists, more about pace and goals
10) Quick annoying f****r of a striker to really get on oppositions less agile defence (if not Cody, Tyson perhaps?)
11) Target Man with good feet and strong mental stregnth and an eye for at least double figures worth of goals

examples (not players i think we will get, just a hint as to what i''m on about)
1) Robert Green (give Rudd a go, but have someone more experienced as insurance, like Leicester have done with their ''keeper situation)
2) Kyle Naughton (a less clumsy John Otsemoboor please)
3) Andre Bikey (Doc might do in league 1)
4) Gary Cahill (maybe Dejan can be this)
5) Tony Hibbert (a left footed version)
6) Sammy Clingan (don''t let him leave!)
7) Wade Elliot (Croft going, not sure on Smith, maybe an area in need, 1 area i''d be happy to loan a player)
8) Dickson Etuhu (missing, unless Adeyemi is any good)
9) Darren Huckerby (maybe a fully charged Hoolahan can do this)
10) Leroy Lita (maybe Cody can do this)
11) Alan Lee (hopefully)

Subs)
12) Mark Tyler - Reliable, cheap, league 1 standard experienced pro, with recent gametime under their belt (don''t think he''s got that, but he''s only back up i suppose)
13) Poor man''s John O''Shea please
14) Battling but not too clumsy all round midfielder
15) Clever wide player/ support (in the hole) striker (what Gow was meant to be)
16) Young pretender of 10, pacier, but more raw talent

the rest - Youth/ deadwood/ off-form players, only 4 or so max on more than a grand a week
less of the farting about with 4-5-1 or whatever, and let''s see some bloody ambition in games, we started every game last season near enough on the back foot from kick off.

Any manager who can do this, get the players playing for themselves, their teammates, the fans and the club in general, and add the odd player and plan B themselves is good enough for me!
[/quote][/quote]

I bet he does play football manager, and fair play to him as it is the game of the gods. If its such a yawn, to discuss the tactical breakdown of the beautiful game why dont you go ''yawn'' your way to the nearest croquet tournament. Any true football fan loves nothing more than a good tactics chat!!!! great orginal post

[quote user="ACE"]Yawn.... I bet you play Football Manager.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]           1
2     3      4      5
   7         8     9
                     v 
      10    11

1) Decent imposing, consistent Goalie (don''t care how old)
2) Steady right back with a bit of pace, and a good cross (half a brain cell required)
3) Big strong Defender (not too clumsy)
4) Mentally strong and more agile defender, there to help organise defence
5) Steadier Left Back, more defensive
6) Clingan
7) Dynamic Right Midfielder combining technique with physique. (a few goals, a few assists and Croft''s running)
8) A big bricks**thouse of a midfeilder with an eye for goal and direct running (like a poor mans gerrard)
9) See right midfeilder, but less about assists, more about pace and goals
10) Quick annoying f****r of a striker to really get on oppositions less agile defence (if not Cody, Tyson perhaps?)
11) Target Man with good feet and strong mental stregnth and an eye for at least double figures worth of goals

examples (not players i think we will get, just a hint as to what i''m on about)
1) Robert Green (give Rudd a go, but have someone more experienced as insurance, like Leicester have done with their ''keeper situation)
2) Kyle Naughton (a less clumsy John Otsemoboor please)
3) Andre Bikey (Doc might do in league 1)
4) Gary Cahill (maybe Dejan can be this)
5) Tony Hibbert (a left footed version)
6) Sammy Clingan (don''t let him leave!)
7) Wade Elliot (Croft going, not sure on Smith, maybe an area in need, 1 area i''d be happy to loan a player)
8) Dickson Etuhu (missing, unless Adeyemi is any good)
9) Darren Huckerby (maybe a fully charged Hoolahan can do this)
10) Leroy Lita (maybe Cody can do this)
11) Alan Lee (hopefully)

Subs)
12) Mark Tyler - Reliable, cheap, league 1 standard experienced pro, with recent gametime under their belt (don''t think he''s got that, but he''s only back up i suppose)
13) Poor man''s John O''Shea please
14) Battling but not too clumsy all round midfielder
15) Clever wide player/ support (in the hole) striker (what Gow was meant to be)
16) Young pretender of 10, pacier, but more raw talent

the rest - Youth/ deadwood/ off-form players, only 4 or so max on more than a grand a week
less of the farting about with 4-5-1 or whatever, and let''s see some bloody ambition in games, we started every game last season near enough on the back foot from kick off.

Any manager who can do this, get the players playing for themselves, their teammates, the fans and the club in general, and add the odd player and plan B themselves is good enough for me!
[/quote][/quote]

Ace you really need to take a breather, i bet it''s hot in Yarmouth libary!!!!

mark tyler is a good call. on the football manager front, i am amazed how many sports journalists play this or used to! It certainly helps you with your knowledge of the game... but only if you keep a toe in reality :-)